Plans are set for the Hawaii/Sglass meet up!

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 07:04 pm
Checking in; it's the Kona Inn on Sunday at 7PM.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:43 am
the Mrs. and I will be there.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 02:12 am
I don't know what happened to my earlier post but we cannot make it that day because we are back in Hilo in prep to fly out to Honolulu early a.m. Given all the roadwork, we decided to drive back on the Sunday.

What happened to my earlier post?? Oh well.

I'm so sorry.

We spent the day body surfing at Hapuna Beach and eating sushi all night Smile

Tomorrow my DIL wants to meet the dolphins and Karen and I are doing a sunset dinner cruise.

Time permitting, we'll get a golf game in our last day. Plus shopping for friends, of course!

I'll wait to hear how your meet turns out.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:11 pm
A friend and I took a long ride yesterday through Volcano National Park yesterday and the air quality was really bad. The landscape was really eerie between the rain and clouds of Volcanic Organic Gases, it looked like a scene from one of those end of the world science fiction movies.

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us Mame. It was very nice seeing you again. If you change your mind we will be at the Kona Inn at 7pm on
Sunday.

I am looking forward to the Kona sun big time. It is still raining in Hilo.

More sun, more better.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 05:58 pm
Changing my mind is not an option, Sglass - we have to be back in Hilo for a morning flight and it's a 2.5 hour drive from Hilo, as it is, never mind any road works or whathaveyou. The last thing I want to do is drive out at 10 pm! I wish we had flown into and out of Kona -- we could have made it. Ah well, live and learn.

I'm sure you'll all have a great time.

Regards to everyone.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 08:13 pm
Mame, What! Nothing on Friday or Saturday? We're flying into Kona tomorrow, but it'll be rather late. T.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:40 pm
tak & mame, i'm available tomorrow (sat) evening. You could drive up to my place if you're feeling adventurous. I'll provide directions in PM. I could drive to Kona, but not sure I want to eat out back-to-back nites.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 10:27 pm
Thanks for the invite; especially good for us for the evening. We should be checked into our hotel, unpacked, and ready for some buzz time.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:03 pm
be there or be square Razz
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:25 am
I wanted to come on Saturday, but couldnt get a hotel reservation for Saturday because everyone is booked solid because of the Bob Marley concert. I am booked into the King Kam, the 10th, 11th and 12th.

I will be making the reservations for Kona Inn tomorrow. Friends of mine, also from the Vancouver area will be joining us. So I will be making reservations for seven people.

So have fun tomorrow night and I will see you Sunday.

Sg
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 03:01 pm
Official.

Reservations for six at seven at Kona Inn.

See you there.

Sg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:34 am
sglass, your 800 number doesn't work from our cell phone or land line.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:41 am
7yitwail, we don't have your phone number. also, after we got our car and drove to our hotel, it was past 7. the receptionist at our hotel recommended the big island grill for dinner, and after the long wait, we finally returned from dinner. since it's already past 8:40, we'd better skip tonite.

I think we saw the Kona Inn on our way to our hotel, so wanted to confirm that's the right one. can you give us the address, so we don't end up at the wrong one.

We still haven't made any plans for tomorrow, so will be playing it by ear.

goodnite to all.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:43 am
I'lll leave my cell phone on if anybody wishes to contact us. T
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 09:32 am
Oopsy CI I'm 808 not 800. It is presently 5:20 and I
am packing and getting ready to depart for Kona I will call when the hour is decent.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:44 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'lll leave my cell phone on if anybody wishes to contact us. T

you'll be hearing from me a bit later, then. you did well not to drive up last nite; there's no street lighting up where i'm at, so it's easy to get lost.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 11:49 am
Have there been any photos posted yet? Will there be?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:07 pm
I'm just about out the door to leave for Kona to catch with CI and Lucy, Yitwail. I'm sure the pics will start.
stay in tune
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:15 pm
littlek, I forgot to bring my transfer from camera memory card to computer thingy, so you'll have to wait until we reach home on the 13th.

I just woke up, and sitting in the lobby area where they provide wireless service. It didn't work from our room, so after many attempts last nite we finally learned we had to be in the lobby.

I'll check in several times a day to keep up to date.

Sglass, We saw the Kona Inn, but it looked like a shopping mall. Is this the right place? T.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 12:16 pm
So, you all missed Mame then? What a bummer!!!
CI, why didn't you go sooner to HI to meet Mame?

Seaglass, that's a lot of driving for you - be careful!

Anyway, have fun everyone!! Well, how can you not have a good
time in Hawaii - enjoy!! Very Happy
0 Replies