Today’'s breaking news stories…

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 12:22 am
@CalamityJane,
For goodness sake wandel, take off that ridiculous headgear, you're not attending a fancy dress ball but an a2k award presentation.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:32 am
@Dutchy,
Guess I was trying too hard. At next year's awards, I will be more conservative in my apparel.
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 08:14 am
@wandeljw,
Hard trying, roll these dice and get a seven, please. Baby needs some new long underwear.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:24 am
Introducing the weekly color A2K magazine for those too tired to read...

Featuring: Jes as she throws the perfect tryangle...
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Howdoesjesdothat.png

COOKING: C-J will spice up your Knackwurst if you can guess the weight of her melons!
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Nicemelons.png

Medical: Dutchy passes a bus stop!
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Kickass.png

World Travel: C.I. Finds his street.
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/C-J.png

Health: TR Yagain; why I'm prone to monumental fatigue.
http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Ohmy.png

Coming soon: Why the latest A2K makeover can be good for your complexion.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:33 am
@Tryagain,
Jespah's photo is interesting, but CJane's photo is more than interesting!
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 09:54 am
@wandeljw,
I never play dice with MC Escher.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:03 am
@jespah,
Knockout kisses keep karma kind.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:04 am
@Tryagain,
Let me tell you: melons are not in season yet.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:06 am
@CalamityJane,
Maybe some melons are always in season.
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 10:56 am
@wandeljw,
Nerts! I need remedial 'phabet training!
Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 02:02 pm
@jespah,
Oh before I forget, CJ let me know when the melons are ripe for the picking, they go well in my tropical fruit salad.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 02:42 pm
@Dutchy,
Please, let's talk about the ginormous obelisk that Tryagain is sporting there,
that's far more interesting than a couple of melons.
Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 06:05 pm
@CalamityJane,
QUITE!

Question: Do You Practice Philematology?

Studies say that by the time we are 14, 50% of us will have experienced our first real kiss (not counting the grandma kind!).

Whether momentous or disappointing, chances are all we'll know before the fact about this most romantic of practices is what we have seen on TV and in the movies. In the belief that with wisdom comes strength, here are some facts to help make you a more powerful...and knowledgeable... consumer!

Did you know...

The science of kissing is called philematology.

One little kiss burns up to 3 calories. The longer the kiss: the better the exercise

A one-minute kiss burns 26 calories! A long kiss makes the metabolism burn sugar faster than usual.

A little pucker uses just two muscles around the lips. A passionate kiss uses all 34 facial muscles. A real kiss may quicken the pulse to 100 beats in a minute

When we kiss, our hearts beat faster and our breathing becomes deep and irregular, mimicking the response of intense exercise. So if done right, kissing can be considered a great cardiovascular workout! At the same time it's a terrific tension reliever. You shut out the world, you close your eyes and you're almost smiling.
One theory says that social kissing originated with medieval knights as a way to find out if their wives had been drinking while they were away fighting.

The average person will spend an estimated two weeks of their lives kissing!

Ancient Egyptians kissed with their noses. Eskimos, Polynesians and Malaysians still do.

Saliva contains antibacterial chemicals that kill most bacteria before the germs are passed on during a kiss. Some say the extra saliva helps prevent tooth decay by cleaning out your mouth!
Our brains have special neurons than help us find each other's lips in the dark.

The longest documented kiss is 29 hours by contestants in 1998 in New York.

In some places kissing is illegal. It was considered a crime in Hartford Connecticut for a husband to kiss his wife on Sunday! And in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, it was a crime to kiss a stranger.
Kissing signals our brain to produce oxytocin, a hormone that makes us feel good. It's a scientific fact that biology causes one kiss to prompt another!

Lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers

The world's longest kiss took place in New York City, lasting 30 hours, 59 minutes, and 27 seconds

Two out of every three couples turn their heads to the right when they kiss

First movie kiss was in 1896 when John C Rice kissed May Irwin in the film called 'The Kiss'

More than 4,400 couples arrived together in the streets in Chile for a ten second kiss, this set the world record for the largest number of people kissing simultaneously

Flights to Santiago selling fast to ensure records are beaten, just in time for Valentine’s Day.

T R Yagain, after his busy and tiring weekend was said to be experiencing an all time peak therefore deputising Special Agent Wandel to take care of the mile high club A2K outing. Australian Correspondent would take score, but only whilst coming into land Wink

diez nueve ocho siete seises cinco cuatro tres dos uno

pucker up baby...

Good job our furry friends have warm coats...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a9/Kissing_Prairie_dog_edit_3.jpg/600px-Kissing_Prairie_dog_edit_3.jpg

Next Stop after feeling a little Chile – Truelove Lowlands, Devon Island for a spot of Arctic Research.

http://www.arctic.uoguelph.ca/cpl/links_researchers/research/publications/stations/truelove/title.jpg
Facility: Devon Island Research Station, NT

http://www.arctic.uoguelph.ca/cpl/links_researchers/research/publications/stations/truelove/station.jpg

The Truelove Lowlands, on the northeast coast of Devon Island, is a polar oasis. The lush plant community supports animal life such as muskoxen, foxes, and polar bears. Marine shores and numerous freshwater lakes are easily accessible. The Lowlands were a study site in the International Biological Program. The surrounding uplands are polar desert, and a glacier is in the vicinity.

Frame construction buildings provide sleeping and eating facilities for up to 20 researchers. Diesel powered generators can supply power to the cabins as needed; a tool shed and "sauna" are on site.

All Correspondents are asked to bring their cameras – there’ll be some severe exposures to contend with. Zoom lenses will be required Shocked tho do be careful in the sauna, you will be required to acclimatise your lens in a steamy session.

Y’all have a Happy Valentines with your loved ones Very Happy
jespah

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:05 pm
@Izzie,
Randy couples enjoy lots of kisses. But who's Randy?
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:13 pm
@jespah,
Stuntman stud? Kissing is an art and some men don't realize that a kiss can make or break the initial date. A good kisser can knock your socks off...
Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2011 07:38 pm
@CalamityJane,
Totally knocked off my perch by the last three posts. The three musketeers , Tryagain, Wandel and Dutchy have nothing on the three kissing women from A2k.
jespah

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 06:53 am
@Dutchy,
Upside-down though he is, Dutchy's kisses are divine, so say we three.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 09:59 am
@jespah,
Very divine! Although only jespah knows for sure Wink
jespah

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 10:53 am
@CalamityJane,
Well, I don't kiss and tell. Much.

For today, a bit of mashed-up strangeness:
Dutchy

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2011 11:00 pm
@jespah,
x-tremely honoured by the ladies comments, wondering what our shy Enlish lass Izzie has to say?
0 Replies