Today’'s breaking news stories…

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 09:39 am
@jespah,
Definitely! As a default mode, it's always Canada, isn't it?
jespah

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 12:30 pm
@CalamityJane,
Eventually, all roads lead to Canada.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:40 pm
@jespah,
For sure! (We're so creative today Laughing )
Dutchy

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:47 pm
@CalamityJane,
Giving Rockhead his due for being creative, the Black Stump is my peace of heaven on this weird earth of ours!
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:55 pm
@Dutchy,
Having no idea what a "Black Stump" is, I am delighted though that you're heavenly peaceful, Dutchy. ......or was it the other way around?
Dutchy

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 03:04 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm giving you the directions to the "Black Stump", you're welcome to visit me. The shrimps will be on the Barbie. Laughing

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9543/blackstump.jpg
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 05:52 pm
@Dutchy,
Just a tad out of my way, Dutchy, we're still in Canada, you know!
jespah

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 03:51 am
@CalamityJane,
Keeping with the Canadian theme, the maple leafs haven't all turned yet. Foliage is pretty meh this year so far.
Izzie

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 04:21 am
@jespah,
Leave It Out Wink

http://www.shortlist.com/resource/cache/binary/bdf912b227a9fb5226f0c6288a907175/615x330_gtikle.jpg?m=1319215542

Strip-search demanded as tile goes missing at World Scrabble Championships

Dramatic scenes as Brit accused of nicking a 'G'

Scrabble has torn family gatherings to shreds since its conception in 1948, but in the professional world of Scrabble tensions run even higher.

British player Ed Martin was accused by his Thai opponent of hiding a 'G' tile during their World Championship game.

Things got so heated that at one stage the Thai gentleman insisted Martin be strip-searched in the bathroom, in Warsaw, where the tournament was held. Gaming officials refused and the Briton won by just a solitary point.

Nigel Richards, a New Zealander, took the overall title after scoring 95 points with the word 'omnified'. He was awarded the $20,000 (£12,700) prize.

It was the second time Mr Richards has claimed the title. He also won in 2007.

Via Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8830718/Demand-for-strip-search-at-World-Scrabble-Championship.html

When they got to the bathroom all they found was a Q Wink

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 02:31 pm
Mighty Jason sought the Golden Fleece, Monty Python the Holy Grail…

'Cometh the hour, cometh the man.' John 4:23 has 'But the hour cometh, and now is. Harriet Martineau entitled her biography of Toussaint L'Ouverture (1840), The Hour and the Man.

An American, William Yancey, said about Jefferson Davis, President-elect of the Confederacy in 1861: 'The man and the hour have met', which says the same thing in a different way as T.R Yagain; ‘Aunts Aren't Gentlemen’ speech in which he volunteers to find the missing ‘G’ spot, enlisting the assistance of Dr. Ben Dover. Let no fig leaf remain unturned or else let fall do the hard work.

I am Embiggened by the task, but don’t have to make up words as to why there are many theories as to the exact location of the elusive ‘G’ spot he said tongue in cheek, but I am willing to Try.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 02:38 pm
@Tryagain,
Now our elusive T.R Yagain has brought up an interesting subject, wonder if any of the ladies here have anything to add?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 03:54 pm
Oh my, I have bend over backwards but there wasn't a G-spot to be found,
which on second thought is quite all right. Hitting THE spot is good enough for this German.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2011 11:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Perhaps "The G Spot: And Other Discoveries About Human Sexuality by Beverly Whipple" may assist CJ.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 05:54 am
Q? I dinna think hey'da found a Q in the loo. P, well, yeah!

In other news, 5K cancelled today, due to, perhaps, an inch of snow that the squirrels are laughing at.
wandeljw

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 07:25 am
@jespah,
Rarely is there a need for men to bend over backwards. The worst I have heard is "Turn your head and cough."
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 01:18 pm
@wandeljw,
Surely, I am not going down that road and ask...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 03:38 pm
@Tryagain,
TIC

A tic is a sudden, repetitive, nonrhythmic, stereotyped motor movement or vocalization involving discrete muscle groups

Tryagain wrote:

I am Embiggened by the task, but don’t have to make up words as to why there are many theories as to the exact location of the elusive ‘G’ spot he said tongue in cheek, but I am willing to Try.

Try harder whilst embiggening! Cool

<Tongue Tn Cheek, of course, TIC http://www.soundersleep.co.uk/images/small_tick.gif Twisted Evil

mismi

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 05:10 am
@Izzie,
Utterly amazed.

I have a map if one wants it. But generally I just let my man follow me.
jespah

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 08:32 am
@mismi,
Veritable ray o' Hallowe'en sunshine, mismi is! Talking like Yoda, I am.

Tricks and treats, to all my peeps.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 09:21 am
@jespah,
What is the east coast doing for Halloween? Building a snowman! http://smiles.kolobok.us/standart/whistle3.gif