Project Runway--Back Again

Swimpy

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 01:28 pm
@Roberta,
I know where you're coming from, but I like a little tension. If there's no one to root against, then what's the point? I haven't identified that person yet.
sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 02:22 pm
@Swimpy,
Can we name names now?

I was REALLY disappointed Korto didn't win. Daniel's restaurant look was atrocious (and hers rocked). She was kinda sour and unlikeable in the all-star show, but I loved her last year and I just objectively think her stuff was way better. Daniel's B&W dress was cool but everything else was eh to bleh.
Roberta

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 03:19 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

I know where you're coming from, but I like a little tension. If there's no one to root against, then what's the point? I haven't identified that person yet.

Swimp, There are enough eccentrics in the group to have someone to root against. And arrogance isn't in short supply. There are some people who really rub me the wrong way. I mean REALLY rub me the wrong way. This person was one of them.

Soz, Koto seemed bitter. I agree that her restaurant dress was wonderful. I didn't like her wedding stuff from last season.

Which of the designer's restaurant dress looked like a bomb strapped to the middle of the model? Was it Daniel? (Can't find my way around the new Lifetime Web site.)
DrewDad

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 06:09 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Daniel's B&W dress was cool but everything else was eh to bleh.

Yup. It seems the designers could have saved themselves some work and just focused on the red-carpet look, since that was apparently the only one that mattered in the end.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 06:23 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:
Which of the designer's restaurant dress looked like a bomb strapped to the middle of the model? Was it Daniel? (Can't find my way around the new Lifetime Web site.)

It was Daniel, yep.

When I googled to find out who won (I watched through the fashion show but then turned it off before the judging), I read a few conspiracy theories -- evidently Daniel has a book out and all the judges plus Tim Gunn contributed to it. As in, he wins --> book sells more copies --> they get more moolah. Dunno.

I do think the terrorist-chic dress was especially bad.

DrewDad, (or anyone) could you figure out if Nicole Kidman will wear Daniel's dress at the premiere for the movie "Nine," or just that the dress will "be worn" at the premiere (by the second gaffer, perhaps)? The wording was weirdly ambiguous.
sozobe

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 06:27 pm
@sozobe,
Found this -- does seem like there is significant ambiguity about WHO is wearing the thing:

http://www.examiner.com/x-16407-Project-Runway-Examiner~y2009m8d23-Daniel-Vosovic-wants-Nicole-Kidman-wearing-his-AllStar-Challenge-dress

Plus it includes a fresh iteration of the Daniel's-book conspiracy theory.
Swimpy

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 06:33 pm
@sozobe,
I also have this faint memory that Daniel went to work for Michael Kors after his run on the show. Am I dreaming this?
DrewDad

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 09:19 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
DrewDad, (or anyone) could you figure out if Nicole Kidman will wear Daniel's dress at the premiere for the movie "Nine," or just that the dress will "be worn" at the premiere (by the second gaffer, perhaps)? The wording was weirdly ambiguous.

I assumed from the wording that there was no way in H E double-hockey sticks that Kidman was going to promise to wear a dress that she hadn't seen.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:45 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
If the elegant and stunning actress does end up walking the red carpet in the awful thing, it’s only because:

1) She’s trying to make a “statement”" ugly is the new black.

Agreed....
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 03:57 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

I also have this faint memory that Daniel went to work for Michael Kors after his run on the show. Am I dreaming this?

Don't know if you were dreaming, but I googled Daniel, and there was no mention of Kors. Lots of mentions of his book (with Tim Gunn's foreword).
Swimpy

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2009 07:28 am
@Roberta,
Yea, I haven't found any confirmation of my dream either.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 09:13 am
I thought the guy with the shorts should have been out. I also think that the guy who won last week should have been a finalist this week. His purple dress was beautiful.

BTW, I think the bowling ball bag description was apt.
Swimpy

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 02:16 pm
@Roberta,
I think they are letting Mitchell stay because that dress he made in the first episode, that he had to remake because of his model being too big for it was amazing. I really thought he would redeem himself last night. I was sooooo disappointed with what he made. That was just a mess, as Heidi said. I forget now who got booted. Was it bowling bag dress dude?

I thought the outfit that won was really pretty.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 02:18 pm
@Swimpy,
Nah, it was 'chicken legs' guy. Which seriously, is better now than later.

Cycloptichorn
Swimpy

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 02:58 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Oh, yea! Chicken legs guy. Yes, he deserved to go. Actually he deserved much worse for that get up.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Aug, 2009 02:59 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

Oh, yea! Chicken legs guy. Yes, he deserved to go. Actually he deserved much worse for that get up.

It's not that I don't think he could be a good designer, but that dude was never going to win PR. Better to get rid of him early.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 12:12 am
I thought the guy who went home deserved to go home. Actually I thought he should have gone home last week.

I was not at all impressed with any of the designs this week. But the guy who won deserved to win just for putting up with the guy who got booted.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 07:09 am
@Roberta,
I fell asleep just as they were about to announce the winner, but I did see who got booted. I was actually surprised that they picked that team at all. I thought the looks were kinda "eh." So Ra'Mon won?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2009 05:38 am
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

This show is very boring this year. What happened to the interesting challenging designs, like make an outfit out of fruit, garbage, candy?

I have no idea why the winning outfit won. I have a fair idea why the losing outfit lost. Don't much care. If things don't liven up, I'm gonna forget to watch.

Swimpy, did you manage to stay awake through the whole show this time?
Swimpy

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 07:59 pm
@Roberta,
Sorry to be so late. I didn't get to watch it until tonight. I know how you feel Roberta. It seems like I feel that way each season about this time. There are still too many contestants in the mix. I was glad to see Chrystal with a Q get booted. She really has no sense of style. Let's hope they get more interesting challenges from now on.
0 Replies