Project Runway--Back Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2008 12:18 am
@Swimpy,
Aha, Swimpy. Thanks for the info. Things now make sense (sort of).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 04:46 pm
Managed to catch the finale while I was in the hospital. Postage stamp sized screen. Not good color. But I watched.

I was disappointed in all three finalists. I thought the weakest was Kenley. Only one outfit stood out. Otherwise I thought her collection was blah.

Korto's was a bit more interesting, but certainly not something that would be shown at Bryant Park without the benefit of the show. I liked her use of green.

IMO, Leanne's was the best collection, but very one-notey.

Nothing stood out from anybody. Nothing especially memorable.

C'est la vie.

What did you think?
Swimpy

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 05:43 pm
@Roberta,
Hey, welcome back, Roberta! I missed you. Hope you're feeling better.

I agree with you. Leanne's was clearly the best. Korto's greens were vivid. Green is my favorite color, so I was really drawn to her stuff.

I think Leanne had some problems with her fabrics. The one outfit she had to chuck all together. The pants with the vest were a great substitute. It seemed like her wedding gown was droopier than it was the week before, too.

I don't know what the fabric was. She made it sound like some space-aged eco-fabric. I would have liked to learn more about it. Maybe there's something on the website. I'll be baaaaack.
sozobe

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2008 06:10 pm
@Swimpy,
Hi guys!

I caught the finale the day after... at this point I think the only one I didn't see was the flower one before the finale (where nobody was eliminated, and all four were allowed to go work on collections).

I think Korto did really well but was a little too anxious -- she had some strong stuff anyway but I think she was too impacted by "what will the judges think?" Some really beautiful things.

Agreed that Leanne deserved to win. Interested in where she'll go from here though... "Petals Marshall" and all that.

I did NOT like that vest thing worn with the pants -- with a layered collar and then dipping down in the center... looked awkward and somehow dated, to me.

Interesting how she really took Tim's suggestions to heart -- threw out the wedding dress and started over, and made the bridesmaid's dress short.

Kenley had stepped on my last nerve so I was happy to see her come in third. I thought some of the "unoriginal" stuff directed at her was unfair because they seemed to be talking about stuff showing AT fashion week -- as in, it wasn't that she copied stuff (don't they keep it all very hush-hush until it's unveiled?) but that she happened to come up with the same ideas as bigger names. Not sure she can be held accountable for that...? (May be missing something there.)

I liked the poofity cream-colored dress with the flowers/ vines painted on. Otherwise wasn't really wowed.

Korto evidently got some sort of audience favorite award, anyone know anything about that?
Swimpy

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 12:21 pm
@sozobe,
I don't know about the favorite award, but I found final collection photos from the 6 designers that showed at Bryant Park. Here: http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/photos/collections.php
Roberta

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 02:37 pm
@Swimpy,
I checked out the link, Swimpy. Could find only five. Sure the sixth designer is there. Just not readily visible to me.

Jerrell had some flair.

Leanne was the most innovative. Wonder how the shapes in her clothes will hold up without stiffish fabric. Things could get floppy.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2008 06:21 pm
@Roberta,
Duh, yoiu're right there are only 5. Wonder where I got 6?

Yea, Jerrell's collection was pretty good.

I wonder about the timing. Did Joe and Jerrell know they were out when they did there collections?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 07:45 am
Project Runway --Back Again--Again!

Starts this Thursday on Lifetime. Warm up thoss tv's girls!
Roberta

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 09:50 am
@Swimpy,
Thanks for the heads-up. My TV is warming.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:28 am
@Roberta,
At 9edt, there will be the Project Runway All-Star Challenge and the first episode of the new season starts at 10 edt.

Previews and behind the scenes stuff can be found here: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway
sozobe

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:38 am
@Swimpy,
I hope Lifetime re-plays it as often as Bravo did -- I probably won't be able to catch the first runs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 12:55 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

At 9edt, there will be the Project Runway All-Star Challenge and the first episode of the new season starts at 10 edt.

Previews and behind the scenes stuff can be found here: http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/project-runway

The All-Star Challenge is two hours and starts at 8 here in the east. The first episode of the new season starts at 10.

Not that I checked or am paying any attention or anything.

Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 01:11 pm
@Roberta,
I'm glad you checked, Roberta. I just noticed my mistake. Sorry. I shouldn't try to be the TV Guide.
Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 03:04 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

I'm glad you checked, Roberta. I just noticed my mistake. Sorry. I shouldn't try to be the TV Guide.

Swimpy, I might not have known about the whole thing if it weren't for you except that .............................................................

I got a call from Tim Gunn (honest, I swear, really truly I did). He left a message on my machine. He told me of the date and the new channel. I did the rest of the checking myself.

I still say thanks for the heads-up and no need to apologize.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I got a call from Tim Gunn (honest, I swear, really truly I did). He left a message on my machine. He told me of the date and the new channel.

You'd better not be lying to me about this. You are never to erase that tape, do you hear?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Aug, 2009 08:23 pm
The All-Star Challenge was so long that I don't have the patience to watch the actual show tonight. I recorded it and will watch it sometime this weekend.
sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 06:14 am
@Swimpy,
I watched about an hour of it! Came in 15 minutes late, stopped watching at 9:30 (after the runway, before the judging). Off to see who won now. Won't spoil anything for Swimpy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2009 12:49 pm
I watched both (glutton for punishment that I am). I found the long show dull. The designs dull. One designer kept falling asleep (not that I blame him) and another wouldn't shut up.

The new season may be interesting. Not sure yet. But the person I was hoping would be dumped was. Hallelujah. I do not suffer fools, idiots, and affected nuttiness gladly. Hope that's not too much of a spoiler.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 22 Aug, 2009 08:50 pm
@Roberta,
I agree with you on the "All-Star" challenge. Some of the best designers weren't even in it. I was disappointed in the winner, too. I thought his designs were eh.

And I caught up with the new season tonight. I also think it could be interesting. I disagree with you on the goofy one that got cut. I suspect they could have brought her along if they had wanted to. She reminded me of Jay what'shisname. The guy with the goofy hats. He made those far out designs. I hope they aren't playing it too safe this season.
Roberta

Reply Sun 23 Aug, 2009 12:00 pm
@Swimpy,
I thought Jay whathisname was a wonderful designer. Far out but with vision.

Not so sure about the vision with the one that's gone. But mostly I wanted her out because she irritated the hell out of me. There's one other that irritates me (so far). Get rid of these people, and I can relax and watch the show without having the same reaction as hearing a nail creaking and squeaking its way down a blackboard.