Project Runway--Back Again

Irishk

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 09:58 am
@Roberta,
Ditto everything you said. I'm glad Tim stopped Ivy in her tracks with all the 'cheating' nonsense. I liked Andy's stuff, too...now thinking he might be joining Mondo at Bryant Park. Was happy to see Wretchen in the bottom three!
Swimpy

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 08:35 pm
@Irishk,
Wretchen. That's rich! I agree with both of you. Booorrring. I knew Chris was going home. He has not made anything memorable. I think Wretchen is on the ropes. she'd better step it up next time or she may be going home.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 10:52 am
Aw, they loved Michael Costello's dress and so did I! Also would buy Andy's, but that's it. Still thinking Mondo (so sweet) is going to win the whole enchilada.

Begone, Gretchen!!!
Swimpy

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 01:09 pm
@Irishk,
Mondo is great. I love his syle.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:22 pm
I loved Michael and Mondo's dresses. Was indifferent about Andy's and April's. Thought Gretchen's outfit could be found in any bargain store. Why is she still there?

I got the point that April's stuff was repetitive, but at least it was wearable.

When they got back from Mood's, Gretchen stretched out a zebra (or tiger) print fabric on her table. Where did it go?
Swimpy

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:28 pm
@Roberta,
I think that animal print was actually the lining of her skirt. I thought her outfit was ill fitting and poorly constructed. April's stuff is OK. She's young and will probably get lots of offers for work after the show is over.

Am I the only one who didn't like Michael's dress? I thought it made his model look fat.
Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Oct, 2010 02:38 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:

I think that animal print was actually the lining of her skirt. I thought her outfit was ill fitting and poorly constructed. April's stuff is OK. She's young and will probably get lots of offers for work after the show is over.

Am I the only one who didn't like Michael's dress? I thought it made his model look fat.

Granted, Swimpy. Michael's dress was shapeless. But I thought it moved beautifully. So the wearer will look fat when she's standing still.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 10:05 am
Well! What did everyone (lol there's like 4 of us) think????

Hated Gretchen's granola looks...Mondo deserves to be there...Andy got lucky...heartbroken for Michael Costello Sad
Roberta

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2010 02:15 pm
@Irishk,
I agree. Andy was way lucky. Why did they choose him over Michael. One of his outfits was a bikini--not much style or fashion there.

I thought the outfits Michael chose to show the judges weren't the best. That feathered thing was ooky.

Gretchen. What can I say. Weren't her clothes all the same color? Why hold it against Michael and not her?

Mondo's gonna win. And he deserves to. I hope he didn't abandon color entirely for his collection.
Irishk

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 12:28 pm
@Roberta,
I agree totally. And, since they already gave the final 4 the $9K, why not let all four show at Bryant Park???

If they were going to judge on just the 3 looks, they could have had each of the final 4 create just those 3 looks. It's part of why Michael C. is so heartbroken, I think...because he worked so hard in coming up with all those designs. I knew it was coming, though, when Tim told him not to choke. Still, I sobbed LOL.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2010 11:30 am
Getty images leaked photos of the finalists (full collections) at Mercedes Benz fashion week. I think Mondo may be in trouble Sad

While I didn't like all of Michael Costello's, I think the judges made a mistake in choosing Gretchen over him (didn't like any of hers). Maybe they just didn't want an all male finale?

Keeping fingers crossed for Mondo...setting the DVR for Thurs. night.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 01:43 am
In a woid,

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/21/2142/HMRED00Z.jpg

First, Michael Kors should be ashamed of himself. He watched the whole show wearing dark glasses. How does he know what color anything was?

Second, Michael was eliminated because of his monochromatic approach. Both Gretchen and Andy used the same colors/prints repeatedly.

Third, I thought that Andy's collection was much better than the judges did. The first outfit was gorgeous. I don't think he should have come in last.

Fourth, all season long the judges encouraged and applauded Mondo for his creativity and "wildness." Now the same quality is costumy. I think that Nina and Michael were annoyed because they told Mondo that the polka dot dress was too wild and he included it in the show anyway.

Fifth, phooey on the whole thing.

Sixth,

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/AA1B8B24-9089-4E29-A64A-0B0420AF215F/FEL-01RW042-001.jpg

Can you tell I'm pissed off, or am I being too subtle?
Irishk

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 07:52 am
@Roberta,
Laughing

I was so disgusted after it ended I couldn't even post. Ditto what you said, plus you nailed it with Nina and Kors. It was as if those two were watching a whole different runway show than Heidi and Jessica.

I kept trying to see Gretchen's line objectively...and put aside my dislike of her personality. I still didn't like it. It was primarily all the same color and drab, while I could see myself wearing several of Mondo's designs and even some of Andy's.

I'm wondering if Seth Aaron winning last year hurt Mondo -- they have similar design styles, plus the judges kept emphasizing the word 'wearable', which we never heard when the show was on Bravo.

Ugh. Now Wretchen is going to be insufferable LOL.

Here's Seth Aaron's winning runway show from last year...with Kors again in his sunglasses! (And notice the monotone theme except for that first pop of red!)

0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2010 08:00 am
Oh -- and best line of the whole episode (made me laugh out loud)...

Mondo to show stylist: "I have a new model. She has no hair".

Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 02:27 pm
I started a new thread for the new season.

http://able2know.org/topic/175227-1

Is anyone watching?
Swimpy

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:43 pm
@Roberta,
Have the first episode recorded but probably won't get to watch it until next week.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 08:16 pm
@Swimpy,
Thanks for the notice, Swimpy. I watch on-line and sometimes don't know when the next round has started.
0 Replies

andreahidges

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2012 05:02 pm
@Roberta,
I've watched about one half hour of one show since it's been on. The designers get so nervous they make me nervous.
0 Replies