Project Runway--Back Again

Roberta

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 08:09 am
Swimpy wrote:
Was it on this week? What did I miss?

Yes, it was on. What did you miss? A freakin' rerun. Steve's dress still looked like a French maid's costume. Chris's dress still looked like a fifties French hooker's outfit. And mishugina's dress still looked awful.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:09 pm
Well, that explains why it didn't get recorded. I suppose it will be a rerun next week too.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 11:12 pm
Project Runway--Back Again Again. That was a long dry spell.

This was a fun challenge. Raid a Hershey's store and make clothes with what you bring back. Supposed to be light-hearted, whimsical, and fun.

Thought the right person won, although the woman who used actual candy to make the dress should have gotten some kind of extra credit.

Chris suprised me. His dress was tasteful.

Christian may end up being the most annoying and insufferable person they've ever had on the show. EVER.

Sweet P's first dress was better than the second one, but neither was much good.

Mishugina is gone and deservedly so. Did they reveal her horrible accident history this week to garner sympathy? I was sympathetic. But her dress was from hunger. One thing has nothing to do with the other. Ugly is ugly whether you're lightly bumped into by a person walking down the street or run over seven times by a Mack truck. In a woid, feh.
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:08 am
Is that the one that spits on her clothes and is from a different planet? You're right. She may be "Zen," but her clothes look like a five-year-olds art project.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:30 am
Oh shoot. I forgot it was on.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 12:04 am
Swimpy, I don't know about where you are, but where I am this show is repeated a lot. You'll probably be able to catch the last episode before the next one airs.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 04:40 pm
Prom dresses? Not nearly as interesting as some of the other challenges. I won't argue about the winner (Victoria). Didn't like the dress, but I can see why it won.

Will argue about the guy they sent home. He's made some wonderful clothes. No, the prom dress was not the greatest. But the dull-colored one with the high belt was boring. And Christian's was a disaster. They won't send him packing. He's too "talented."

Also, the green dress with all the draping was at the least inappropriate for a prom.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 07:04 pm
I really didn't think any of them were good. They kept raving about Sweet P's. I thought it was tacky. Not appropriate at all for a 17 year old.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 05:13 am
Come to think of it, Swimpy, you're right. Not a winner in the bunch. Not one dress I would have wanted to wear to a prom or anywhere else.

This was more a question of which was the least terrible.

Hoping next week is better.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:51 am
I did get a chance to catch the candy episode. I thought it was a lot of fun. Rami's was bizarre but in a good way. I really liked Jillian's. she was the only one who stuck her neck out and actually used candy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 02:52 pm
I agree. I thought Jillian's dress was beautiful. And very challenging. I thought the skirt on Rami's dress was stunning--an architectural marvel.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
Rate the Prom Dress for Project Runway this was fun!

I loved the green dress by Chris and the champaigne colored one - can't remember the name of the one who did that one the best - the others were kind of sad. Sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
Thanks for the link, mismi. Sweet P designed the champagne colored dress.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2008 11:47 pm
Design an avant garde outfit to reflect a hair-do. This is a strange and interesting challenge. The team approach made it more of a challenge. And the kicker--design a dress for everyday wear that reflects the avant garde dress.

I thought the right people won--Chris and Christian (Christian, team leader). And I thought the right people lost. Sorry I don't know their names, but the dress was ooky.

Thought the outfit put together by Jillian and Victoria was mixed. Loved the coat. Not crazy about the outfit under the coat.

The other team? Ramy and Sweet P. Not good working together, and it showed. The avant garde dress wasn't all that avant gardey. The everyday dress--eh.

It's becoming apparent that the producers/creators or whoever puts the show together are running out of ideas for challenges. I don't see anything wrong with picking up a doozy from an earlier season.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 08:48 am
I would have chosen Jillian and Victorya's team, but Chris and Christian's was good, too. I agree about the loser. I had them picked from the get go. I swear to god, if that guy who was Kit's partner cries one more time...OFF he goes!

I get the impression from the promo for next week that they may be revisiting the garbage/recycling theme.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 17 Jan, 2008 03:27 pm
I think you're right about the garbage revisiting. Even if it's not garbage, it will certainly be something unusual to work with. We'll see.

At this point, I think the two contenders to get to the finals are Christian and Jillian. Her designs are almost always good. Her taste is impeccable. He's a bit more out there. And not as likable. But he's very creative. (I'm discounting the prom dress, which in my opinion, should have gotten him booted.)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 06:03 pm
I was hoping for something more inspired. Deconstruct something in denim to make something else in denim--something "iconic" that captures the Levi 501 legacy (whatever the hell that is).

I thought Romy and Weepy Ricky had the two best designs. I preferred Romy's. I like the way he used the zippers. However, Weepy Ricky's outfit was a beautiful fit. I think the judges gave him the win just because he came through--finally.

I don't think that Chris's outfit was a bad as the judges thought. I don't think that Christian's outfit was as good as the judges thought.

I liked Sweet P's dress, once she got past the patchwork sixties/seventies look.

Both Jillian and Victorya seemed to be derivative in their thoughts. I think Jillian was going for a denim coat that was a knock-off of her coat from last week. I think Victorya thought that the coat was such as success that she decided to do another. Hers was a big nothing, and she deserved to get the boot.

I don't understand why more of these people don't take Tim Gunn's comments seriously. Whenever he makes a critical remark, it's something the judges spot as well. The only one who listened to him this time was Sweet P, and it paid off.

Hey, I finally remembered everybody's name! Do I win anything?

I didn't think so.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:01 pm
Yes, you do deserve a prize. What shall it be? Your choice of either a gift certificate to Christian's hairdresser or Sweet P's tatoo artist? You know that hir do would look lovely on you dear.

Ricky! Ugh! AND he cried! Did you hear Michaael Kors say, "What's up with you?" Victorya screwed up but she has more talent in her little finger that Ricky has in total. I really think they should have booted Chris. His dress was boring and poorly made. (I love Heidi's expression "home sewn.") It looked home sewn. l He hasn't shown us much in other challenges either.

I think either Rami or Jillian is going to win it all.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 07:33 pm
I saw PRC (Canada) last night - anyone watching that?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:12 am
Sorry, Mame. Haven't seen it. Could I even if I wanted to?

Swimpy wrote:
Yes, you do deserve a prize. What shall it be? Your choice of either a gift certificate to Christian's hairdresser or Sweet P's tatoo artist? You know that hir do would look lovely on you dear.

Oy. Well a hairdo washes out and grows out. Tattoos are forever. However, I'll not be competing for anything again. But could I get some money instead?

Ricky! Ugh! AND he cried! Did you hear Michaael Kors say, "What's up with you?" Victorya screwed up but she has more talent in her little finger that Ricky has in total. I really think they should have booted Chris. His dress was boring and poorly made. (I love Heidi's expression "home sewn.") It looked home sewn. l He hasn't shown us much in other challenges either.

I think either Rami or Jillian is going to win it all.

Swimpy, Chris was already booted. He is sometimes OK and sometimes feh.

I think you're right about who might win. I'll throw in Christian too. If I had my way, I'd throw him out instead of in. What an arrogant, irritating, infuriating, annoying little twit. Some people don't deserve to win even if they deserve to win. Throwing in another feh.

I stumbled upon a Tim Gunn blog on bravo.com. (Who knew?) He wasn't impressed with Ricky either. I thought it was OK.
0 Replies