Project Runway--Back Again

Irishk

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:10 am
@Swimpy,
Tim's remark about Jackie and the camel-toe was pretty funny Smile

Eight left -- I'm going to go ahead and predict Mondo and Michael C. will be 2 of the 3 showing at the Bryant Park finale. Haven't a clue on the third yet, but hoping it's not Gretchen...or Ivy.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:50 am
@Irishk,
I'm not going to even try to guess who will be in the finals. My track record this season is abysmal.
Irishk

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 02:03 pm
@Swimpy,
Well, I kind of cheated. Bryant Park was last week and the top 10 designers from this season showed. The final 3 were there, of course, but so were 7 'decoys' to throw the press off since the finale won't be aired for quite a while.

I wasn't crazy about any of the collections, but Mondo's and Michael C.'s weren't the worst. Casanova's line is what you'd expect lol...lots of bare skin. A couple of Ivy's were okay. Gretchen's, I thought, were just awful and Andy used this yucky chartreuse satiny fabric that didn't appeal to me (judges might like it, though).

There are really no spoilers, so if you want a look-see, here's the link:

Project Runway - Bryant Park 2010 - The Final Collections

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 03:07 pm
They actually decided to define "Waterloo" for the viewers. Don't they still teach about Napoleon in high school?

I'm not impressed with any of the designers this season. Often the models don't even look good in the creations.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2010 09:21 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The bottom three? Andy's pants--a pair of jodphurs that will live in infamy. That crinkly skirt? A lampshade after a flood? And the nothing outfit from the loser.

I made a mistake about the loser. Embarrassed

Not the boring nothing outfit. It was the crinkly lampshade skirt from Michael (not C). Sorry, gang.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:12 pm
Looks like next week they're reviving the Make Your Own Print challenge. Glad about that. The show could use some reviving.

I thought that Andy's outfit was the most avant garde. I liked it. I thought Mondo's outfit was the quintessential Mondo. I liked it as well, although I had some doubts about the bustle. I thought Gretchen's outfit looked like a grandma's bathrobe. I'm not saying this because I don't like Gretchen. I just didn't like the outfit.

I wasn't sure that Michael should have been one of the bottom three. Although I thought his gown was excessive, I thought his other dress was good.

I am a fan of strong colors. I liked the colors that Ivy used, but the styles were lame and unattractive. Her time was up.

Irishk

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 09:34 pm
@Roberta,
I thought Gretchen, Valerie and Ivy would be the bottom 3.

Loved Mondo's ready-to-wear look and happy he won the $20K. Wondering about his 'secret' on next week's show -- intrigue!

Glad the judges acknowledged Michael C's construction skills - wish the mean girls had been out there to hear it.
Roberta

Reply Thu 23 Sep, 2010 10:53 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Glad the judges acknowledged Michael C's construction skills - wish the mean girls had been out there to hear it.

I had exactly the same reaction.
Swimpy

Reply Fri 24 Sep, 2010 07:38 pm
@Roberta,
I thought Mondo's was the best. Glad he won. Won't be surprised if he goes all the way. I agreed that his skirt on the couture gown was not very well made and the fabric was chintzy, but all-in-all a great look. I was happy to say auf weidersehn to Ivy. Both of her looks were messes.

I hated, hated, hated Gretchen's coutur dress. That was such a grandma dress. It was old fashioned and not flattering at all. I can't beleive the judges liked it.

Michael C is starting to irritate me. He needs to step it up a notch.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 09:20 am
Did anyone watch this week? I was very happy with the winner. I think he's got a future in fashion. Michael Kors really seems to have taken to him. The loser wasn't really the worst, but has been on the bottom pretty much every week.
Roberta

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 11:07 am
@Swimpy,
Yes, I watched. Forget to post. I thought that the pattern for Mondo's pants was beautiful. However, I didn't like the pattern as pants. He has a very strong sense of color and uses it in unusual ways. I also don't like his print against print look.

Don't remember all the outfits. But I did think it was time for Ivy to go.

Warning: Kvetch alert. I don't see the value of the extra half an hour except to expand on the designers. I ain't all that interested in the designers. I'm interested in the designs. Didn't care to see designers and mothers. However, I was moved my Mondo. Meaningful and heart breaking. Udderwise, eh.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 12:03 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
I don't see the value of the extra half an hour except to expand on the designers. I ain't all that interested in the designers. I'm interested in the designs. Didn't care to see designers and mothers. However, I was moved my Mondo. Meaningful and heart breaking. Udderwise, eh.

I agree.

Regarding Mondo's design, I would never wear any of the stuff he designs but I recognize the artistry. As opposed to someone like Christopher or Ivy, he's not making clothes that you will see on the average woman.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2010 01:04 pm
Mondo's work tends to fall into the Art category, very few women could wear his pieces and not look like they were going to a costume ball. I do like him, and I think this episode made him very human and less of the freak he first appeared. I think he also has the best chance to make it as an independent designer.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:14 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

However, I was moved my Mondo. Meaningful and heart breaking.

Me, too. I cried. I'd been wondering what his secret was for a week, but never guessed. Now, this week, it appears we have a 'cheater' and then they cut to a teary-eyed Mondo? I don't believe it.
Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2010 10:51 am
@Irishk,
Neither do I. It's possible that the teary eyes have nothing to do with it. It's also possible that someone he likes was caught cheating. Who knows? We'll find out.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 02:56 pm
Gunn silencer
'Runway' tells Tim to tone it down

Quote:
In the video, Gunn complains about a range of things from last week's episode, says he was "really hot and bothered" by the competition and complains about the concept of the challenge -- noting that a segment producer "basically threw up her hands in frustration with me."

It appears "Runway" officials told Gunn to dial it down a notch after he posted the video and some staffers complained.

"There was a hurtful reaction to a couple of things I said, and that really concerned me," Gunn said. "That was never my intention. I thought, 'Let me just take this down.' "

In the video, Gunn also says that during the season, executive producers often didn't know what was going on and even sent him to the wrong addresses while taping an episode.

So, Tim took down the video from his FB page, but viddler.com posted it yesterday in its entirety. Now, viddler has also removed the video from their site. It's interesting (100% Tim Gunn lol) and shows what a frustrating mess this season has been.

VIDEO OF TIM GUNN'S RANT

Swimpy

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 11:42 am
@Irishk,
That's funny. Tim's having a kvetch.
Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 01:53 pm
@Swimpy,
Interesting. You can almost see tha chaos as you watch the show. Things are not clear this season.

Swimpy, Let him kvetch. He'll never hold a candle to me kvetchwise. But otherwise he's terrific.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2010 02:01 pm
Just noticed this thread. My nephew is a film editor on Project Runway.

I have never watched the show., Sounds like a fun show.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2010 01:12 am
Another ho hum challenge. I think that Heidi's line also appears ho hum.

I think that the right person won. Andy's designs were alive. I didn't like one that was in the top three (the young blonde woman; can't remember her name). I thought her designs were totally inappropriate for activewear. Mondo came through.

Did the right person go home? Christopher's stuff was eh. I thought Mike's designs were eh-. It may be that he's still there because the other designers were so nasty to him.

Ivy is a major bitch. She should be up for some kind of award in that department. Glad we won't have to see (or hear) her again.