Project Runway--Back Again

Irishk

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:30 am
@Swimpy,
Yes, they aired the reunion show right after the finale (when it was on Bravo, they usually aired it a week later). Both contestants and models were there. Tim and Nina presided, asking (provoking) the questions and reactions. Ping cried...again...because of her perceived harsh treatment. Emilio said he was shocked he didn't win since the judges said they just loved his collection (he came off as somewhat accusatory).

One or two even lashed out at Tim Gunn (sacrilege lol) accusing him of trash talking some of the contestants (he deflected it well). I've always hoped Tim would agree to do DWTS at some point so we can learn more about him. I doubt he ever would, though.

The biggest drama in the half-hour show was when Jay made his distasteful remark about Cerri (the model from Ireland), saying she had bad teeth and thick legs....she was sitting right there! Everyone was speechless with the camera panning the shocked faces. He offered a lame excuse that she shouldn't have criticized his designs.

And yes, I also knew the minute Michael said Emilio's showing was a 'line' that he wouldn't win. The editing this season was pretty transparent. My biggest annoyance was the 'time crunch' story line week after week. I just got so tired of the contestants complaining of never having enough time. I love fashion, so I'll keep watching if they bring the series back...and as long as Tim stays.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 05:07 am
The first show of the new season is tonight. I'll be watching.
Irishk

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 07:53 am
@Roberta,
I set the DVR. Looks like it's gone from a 60 minute show to 90 minutes. Hopefully they'll show us more of the 'creative' process.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 06:50 pm
@Irishk,
I have my DVR set, too. I'm also recording the show that follows, Austin and Santino on the Road. I don't know what it's about, but if those two are traveling together, someone's going to get hurt.
Roberta

Reply Thu 29 Jul, 2010 10:16 pm
Didn't like the winner. Didn't agree with the loser. (What else is new?) Way too many people. Nobody stood out for me (yet). Didn't instantly dislike anybody either (unusualy for me).

So what did you guys think?

Not watching Santino and Austin.
Irishk

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:44 am
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:
I have my DVR set, too. I'm also recording the show that follows, Austin and Santino on the Road. I don't know what it's about, but if those two are traveling together, someone's going to get hurt.

Laughing

Loved both of them on their seasons.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 09:54 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

I thought they were a bit harsh on the gal who made 'pants from pants'. I really liked some of her designs from the bio video.

The guy that stapled the kimono (backwards lol) could have gone and I wouldn't have cared.

The winner who made that adorable dress in 5 hours impressed me. I'd so buy that dress.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:53 pm
@Roberta,
The winner was not that exciting. I thought the one that got cut should have stayed. I think they let her go because she wasn't feisty. That Casanova character...what is his deal? He looks like had a severe head trauma or maybe a fetal alcohol syndrome victim. I mean there's something wrong with that boy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:55 pm
I also watched Austin and Santino. It was cute. They travel somewhere, make a dress for someone and leave.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 07:00 am
@Roberta,
Quote:

I thought it was the sad end to some nice clothing. Cutting up those D&G pants was a crime against fashion. Nothing was made that I thought was better than the original garment. Most of it looked like rags in the end. I agree they kept the people who they think will make for good TV. The Kimono guy or Cassanova should have been sent packing.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 03:39 am
I didn't care much for any of the designs. Again, I disagreed with the winner. I thought the red dress with the zipper was more appropriate for what they were looking for.

I agreed wholeheartedly with the loser. What the hell was that?
Swimpy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 07:59 am
@Roberta,
A jumpsuit. Really? What was the great innovation there? In the 80s everyone had that jumpsuit. It didn't look good then and it doesn't look good now. I do have to say, though, on that supermodel it looked great. Personally, I thought Mondo's checked skirt was adorable. He really played it up with the leggings and the shoes, too.

There were some really bad designs this week. Peach's pink polka dots looked like a high school project. I was glad to see Jason go home, too. Enough with the "they don't get my genius" attitude.
Irishk

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 11:42 am
@Swimpy,
Agree with your entire post. If it wasn't for Tim Gunn, I'd have been content to skip this episode. He's the only reason I'm still watching.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 03:07 pm
@Irishk,
Him and Michael Kors. His descriptions crack me up. What did he say this week? Something about an Amish nun?
Roberta

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
Hey, Swimpy, I liked Mondo's outfit too. Forgot about that one. How do you already know people's names? It's gonna take me another few weeks, when I become familiar with the crew and when there are fewer names to remember.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 06:00 pm
@Roberta,
I don't know all of their names. Certain people just stand out.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 08:21 am
@Swimpy,
Caught the end of the show again. Two people went home. The guy with the purple cape and the backless blouse was sent packing.

Somehow the woman with the polka dot sundress with the caterpillar crawling down it's back survived.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 12:35 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy wrote:
Him and Michael Kors. His descriptions crack me up. What did he say this week? Something about an Amish nun?

He does come out with some hilarious zingers Laughing

Speaking of the judges...I think this is the first time in the last 3 seasons or so that Heidi isn't pregnant. But...Nina Garcia is LOL.
Swimpy

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 07:10 pm
@Irishk,
Nina's pregnant? I didn't even notice!
Irishk

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:20 pm
@Swimpy,
Yep, congrats to Nina! She's due in December and has a 3 year old at home.

BTW...any idea what Tim meant at the very end when he said that 'we'll be seeing more of Nicholas, just not until after the show'? Nicholas was the one with the cape who cried when he got eliminated. Felt really bad for him.