Project Runway--Back Again

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 10:57 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

BTW...any idea what Tim meant at the very end when he said that 'we'll be seeing more of Nicholas, just not until after the show'? Nicholas was the one with the cape who cried when he got eliminated. Felt really bad for him.

I thought Tim meant that Nicholas was very talented and wouldn't disappear from designing just because he was off the show.

I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
Irishk

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 10:29 am
@Roberta,
No, that makes sense, so you're probably right. It was weird how they filmed it, though -- kind of out of context, just a headshot of Tim making the remark separate from the show, and not in the context of comforting the other contestants who were also emotional at Nicholas' leaving. These reality shows make me paranoid LOL.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:21 am
Finally, an interesting challenge. And, finally, I agreed with the winner and the person who was sent packing.

Gretchen is starting to get on my nerves--mine and most of participants. I don't understand why the judges are so enthusiastic about her designs. A hula skirt with a blouse and jacket.

I'm also not charmed by Casanova. Does he have a language problem. Is he stubborn. Or just dense/stoopid. Whatever is going on with him, his dress was ooky.
Irishk

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 01:21 pm
@Roberta,
Gretchen was annoying last night, plus she totally stole the 'leather-look-from-a-garbage-bag' idea. That was done a couple of seasons ago by another contestant and the judges went crazy over it. Surprised they didn't mention it....or maybe they did and it was edited out.

Loved Andy's ribbon dress...even if Betsy didn't think it was 'fun' LOL.

Speaking of fun...Michael Kors saying Casanova's dress "looked like a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral" cracked me up!
Swimpy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:54 pm
@Irishk,
I was holding my breathe thinking that they would pick Gretchen again. Why do they love her so? I actually like Michael's red dress. I thought it was well made and really fun. Agreed totally with the loser. What a snooze. Casanova at his worst is never boring.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:57 pm
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:
Michael Kors saying Casanova's dress "looked like a transvestite flamenco dancer at a funeral" cracked me up!

Do you think he just says those things spontaneously or does he work on them?
Irishk

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 09:06 am
@Swimpy,
That long red dress was great...forgot about it since it only 'qualified'. I'm betting it was Betsy Johnson's score that kept it from being in the top 3 -- and they probably wanted to keep her funny comment about the 680-napkin dress (dim sum or something? lol).

I hope Michael comes up with those quips on the fly...he's always furiously writing and has time to think them up during the runway part of the show. Heidi's deadpan "that was not a compliment" to A.J. was funny, too.

Mondo! Does he remind you of Urkel by any chance? LOL
Swimpy

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 12:39 pm
@Irishk,
Urkel crossed with Peter Lorre maybe.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2010 11:37 pm
Stunned that the gray/silver outfit was in the bottom three. So were the other designers. Although I kinda understand why the dress that won was admired, I thought the dress that looked like a corrugated box was better. I thought the loser deserved to lose. What was that? That's what would go with an orchid?

Granted, the hats were stunning. But is that something I'd want to walk around the streets of Noo Yawk in? Don't think so. But I don't hang out with posh, high-fashion crowds.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 08:35 am
@Roberta,
Yep, agreed with loser. The winner, eh. I get what the judges said about the sheen and color of the fabric going with the hat. That was true. But still the dress didn't wow me.

The gray/silver outfit would have been much better without the leggings and the boots. I think he did himself in with the styling. I really didn't like the corrugated cardboard thing. I thought it was poorly made and fought with the lines of the hat. The shoulders went up in into the dips in the hat. That seemed an odd choice.
Roberta

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 09:10 am
@Swimpy,
So, Swimpy, which one did you think should win, if any?
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
I thought it was a funny moment when the hat designer disagreed with all 3 judges on the mask outfit (red dress/white jacket) -- I think Heidi said it was her favorite.

Not one of my favorite challenges. I hope they bring back the fabric designing one. And the drag queen one. Hilarious...Tim's, "It looks like a pterodactyl out of a gay Jurassic Park!" made me a fan forever.

Harsh criticism on the 'drapery-fabric' dress, but I'm kinda glad Gretchen was proved wrong. Did you see the look on her face?!?!

Swimpy

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:48 am
@Roberta,
Thinking back I can barely conjure up images of any of them. Nobody stepped up and showed us anything unique. The one that really showcased the hat was Ivy's. Hers was the cream outfit with the hot pink hat. Cassanova's was really well made but he played it too safe going all black. Some color would have put him in the running, I think.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 11:49 am
@Irishk,
Gretchen needs to get over herself. Her outfit was nice but too matchy-matchy with the hat. I did like the leggings. I wonder if she made those herself?
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:21 pm
@Swimpy,
She did make the leggings. She said she's going to win because she's the 'whole package'.

http://mylt.ltcdn.com/files/imagecache/pr_full/files/galleries/pr8-ep4-gretch3.jpg

What did you think of Mondo putting a mustache on his model? Hat guy wasn't pleased, as I recall.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:38 pm
@Irishk,
I liked it. He has a sense of humor about his clothes. I would have like this week's outfit better if the pants had been more flattering. Those polka dot pants made his model's ass look huge. Never a good thing.
Irishk

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2010 12:55 pm
@Swimpy,
I agree. And his super close-fitting vest-type top made the model look even more bottom heavy. Was glad to see him sail through, though... (hope it annoyed Gretchen lol).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 04:26 am
I missed the beginning. I got there in time to see Casanova languishing on a couch. Grow up. His outfit was ok. The best of a ho-hum group.

I don't see any standouts in this group. At least not yet.

The highlight for me was when Tim told off Gretchen's team. I don't understand why she's still there.
Irishk

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 09:28 am
@Roberta,
One of Tim's finer moments. Second only to the 'wooly balls' convo with Kristen Smile
Swimpy

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 08:17 pm
@Irishk,
I liked Cassanova's pants. They were really cool. The lace top, not so much.

Re: Tim's rant at the end...I was surprised to hear him talk like that. I'm going to have to see what he says on his blog about it. Gretchen really showed her true self. She told everyone to stick together and show a united front then she was the first one to throw Michael C. under the bus. She'll be a finalist, though.
0 Replies