What did you dream last night?

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:24 pm
hmmm, interesting dreams, joe. unfinished breads, people leaving before you, band playing for too big a hall - sounds like you have too much on your plate? or you're not ready for something that is about to happen?
either way, i always enjoy reading them.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 05:41 am
They are curious, aren't they? And as vivid as a movie.

Last night, somewhere in the middle of some long undreaming sleep came this:
My phone rang.
I remember now it was not my cellphone and I haven't had a landline phone in six or seven years, so...anyway it rang.
It was someone telling me that she wouldn't be coming home after the party, that she would see me after work tomorrow.

I don't know who it was.

But it upset me. I knew I wouldn't sleep well so in the dream I got up to go and watch some tv but on the way I found a paper bag with it's side torn. I started to throw it away when the dream ended.

Joe(I have a book somewhere about all this)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:05 pm
I had a most disturbing dream last night - I tried to murder some one. I was in some sort of broken down building and there was my group and this other group and the other group was trying to shoot us for some reason. We kind of hunkered throughout the building trying not to be seen and this child with a gun comes out - I begin shooting at his head - all that shoots out are these small sort of pellets. I finally manage to hit him enough times that he falls. I try to cover him with a blanket so the other group will not see him. He is still alive and moving so I shoot him more and try to hit him and stuff to get him to stop so I can cover him and he won't move.

Am I some twisted violent person or what?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:26 pm
yes. Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:34 pm
eoe wrote:
yes. Smile

Thanks for that vote of confidence eoe!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:33 pm
takes one to know one.
0 Replies

dizzysal

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 03:54 pm
My dream...
I dreamt that my pervy art teacher made all the girls in the class go and stand in the shower wearing a pair of huge pair of pants that he had just washed in cold tap water =s
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 05:15 am
A group of people were in a room and I was talking about actors, I said

"Actors are the sort of people who do not work with their hands or their brains or their minds, they work with their souls. (Pause) Except the ones who have no souls or minds or brains. They use their hands a lot."

Somebody asked who said that and I said "I just made that up." And they said "No. Really." and I said "Really" and they asked me to repeat it.

Joe(and I did) Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:00 am
I was supposed to take my mother shopping and one thing after the other got in the way, including hanging out with an old running buddy from several years ago. I kept trying to call my mother but every time I tried to dial the number, I was distracted by something else.
Frustrating.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:28 am
I was somewhere in southeast asia, being shown around a club by a woman acquaintance (might have been an amalgam of, I dunno..) I wasn't very interested. Lot of thatched roofs, from what they call palapas in Mexico to buildings with palm fronds on top. For some reason the tour was all about clothes: some sort of dress like one of those Lily Pulitzer type fifties dresses, and a long, heavy, textured, woven robe, which I somehow got wet (I spilled milk on the counter when I was making chocolate chip walnut oatmeal cookies yesterday evening and ended up mopping the floor mid cookie making). I realized I would have to pay for dry-cleaning, and that woke me up..........
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 08:31 am
Aw, man...

I woke up last night from a humdinger, thought "that'll be a good one for Joe's thread," and conked back out. Now I don't remember any of it. Not one bit.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:33 am
I was informed in a dream that the latest in office status is to be assigned a telephone extension number with a decimal.

Furthermore 2.5 has more glory than .05.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
One night I dreamed I was sitting at a picnic table that was supposed to be able to fly, but it didn't. I got up and got distracted with something else, then saw someone I knew (in reality, it was a completely unfamiliar female face). She waved me over and I sat next to her and our picnic table started to fly.

The next night I dreamed that I was discussing politics with Curt Schilling. We paused in the discussion in order to make dinner, and we had a very large lobster that had to be stripped of its shell. Curt kind of unzipped it by pulling on a tab on the back of the lobster and the shell split apart. I then pulled apart the shell and discarded it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:53 pm
I just KNEW rich folk had easier to eat shellfish, Dammit... Razz
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:54 pm
sozobe wrote:
Aw, man...

I woke up last night from a humdinger, thought "that'll be a good one for Joe's thread," and conked back out. Now I don't remember any of it. Not one bit.

Ain't that awful?

==Good one too, Noddy.

I want ext 3.1416

Joe(some pie are round, some pie are square.)Nation
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:10 am
jespah wrote:

The next night I dreamed that I was discussing politics with Curt Schilling. We paused in the discussion in order to make dinner, and we had a very large lobster that had to be stripped of its shell. Curt kind of unzipped it by pulling on a tab on the back of the lobster and the shell split apart. I then pulled apart the shell and discarded it.

I didn't know lobster came with a zipper - damn I could have saved alot of work had I known.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 08:28 am
That's our Jespah. Always so practical, even in her dreams.

Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 03:40 pm
Deer heads--mounted--were on sale at the supermarket meat counter.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 07:44 pm
I was buying an airline ticket to Hawaii at the airport with my suitcase ready to go. I didn't even blink when she said "That will be $3500."
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 08:56 am
I was urgently patching a shocking pink poof/ottoman. My hostess was holding the cat responsible, urging me to stitch more quickly.
0 Replies