What did you dream last night?

dadpad

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 08:40 am
WHY do the chickens have to be segerated.

Is there something wrong with brown chickens? ......HMMMM....

well?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 05:23 am
So... last night...

I am getting in my elevator at my building and a young man is struggling with some clothes and luggage to get on. He hangs what looks like some kind of robe or cloth on the elevator door while he drags his suitcases into the car. I tell the door won't open with that stuff on the door.
He says "Just push 20"
He is tired and a little irritated and I am about to tell him that there are only seven floors in this building when I look at the buttons and....sure enough, there are twenty. I push twenty and up we go.

The door opens on a large lobby but before I can look around the guy takes off down a hallway. I say to him that if he ever needs anything in the building he can ring 6A (which is my old address, by the way.) He says that's nice and to come with him now.

We go down the hallway and out of a door onto .... a stoney beach. I can't tell where we are, a river? a lake? The Hamptons? But there are lots of people there, sitting in beach chairs and talking. He introduces me to what I think are his family. I can hear him saying my name but I can't hear any of the names of the people -- three women, middle-aged and a teenage, or maybe older, man.

I then walk back down the hallway but as I past a door Conan O'Brian comes out of it and say "hello" but there is something about him that is off. OH... I see it.

"Conan,"I say looking at his hair which is combed down instead of up," we all love the new look."

I don't remember now what he said but it was fairly non-committal whatever it was. He sat down and began reading.

I get back to the lobby and I see that it is also a restaurant, The Horizon, says the menu. No one is in the place. All the tables are empty so I wander through walking towards the windows which have an incredible view of the city.

Just then a young woman comes in and starts cleaning. I think there was something on the floor. A young man walks by and says something to her. She says something back. I can't hear exactly but she is put out about something. I ask her when they are open.

She says" Open? We are open now."

I go to the elevator and think this would be a great place to have dinner with L.
I get in and push the button for my floor.

Joe(dreaming, i must be dreaming... .)Nation
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 05:47 am
I always dream about some combination of experience that I have during the day...when I was young I had night terrors. I asked someone who researched them about them and he said that night terrors are the manifestation (in sensitive Laughing people who have vivid imaginations) of their subconscious observations during the day. In other words, observations that might just cause another person to pause and say "hmmm" are kind of imprinted on the brain of some people and dealt with during sleep as dreams, and if particularly disturbing and scary- especially in young children- night terrors.

Well, I haven't had a night terror in a really long time, but I almost always dream about something that has happened during the day and yesterday, in school there was this very vocal young lady who had come in late from lunch and within two minutes was asking to use the bathroom.
I said, "W- you just came back from lunch - LATE as a matter of fact- and now you want to go out again, and waste more of your opportunity to educate yourself, by spending it walking the halls..."
She said, "Miss, if you don't let me go- I'm gonna wet myself right here in this chair." (I'm always amazed at what these girls will just come out and say - they have no compunction about talking about any bodily function in front of ANYONE- even the boys they like).
So I said, "Well, we wouldn't want that to happen. Go ahead."

And then last night I watched Infamous, the movie about Truman Capote and his experiences writing In Cold Blood , and there was this very graphic shot of the mother's mattress stripped of sheets with a big blood stain where her head had been.
And then I talked to a friend in England, who as a little boy used to go to the house of the very eccentric, very rich man who owned Fortnum and Mason's, and he was telling me that this guy had all these Irish setters who would jump on the couch next to where he was sitting and urinate and all the homeowner would do would be to swat the dogs away, saying, "Get DOWN sir" and the maid would come with another cushion to replace the one that was wet.

So when I fell asleep last night I dreamed about someone wetting the bed and finding the wet sheets. I can't remember who it was - though I know it wasn't me- because in the dream I was the person who discovered the wet sheets and was thinking to myself, "Damn, that's gonna stain the mattress..."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:27 am
Pleasant, amusing dreams last night. At a seminar, I couldn't remember my stepsons' (Carlton from "The Fresh Prince") name. Blamed it on menopause. Diane Sawyer and Faye Wattleton got a big chuckle out of that. Later I called my girlfriend on the phone and her hubby answered with "I've got THREE children!" We met them for breakfast and he repeated it over and over again, as if he didn't know how it could have happened. It was funny every time.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:31 am
I've been dreaming lately of having a houseful of kids. As in, my own flesh and blood kids that I have given birth to.

I wake up once again happy that I do not have kids yet. Don't think that is going to be happening for a while. Maybe not at all.

The dreams aren't sweet and happy. They are mostly about me slaving and fussing over very bad kids. Smile
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:45 am
Sadly, I dreamed nothing last night.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:59 pm
dadpad wrote:
WHY do the chickens have to be segerated.

Is there something wrong with brown chickens? ......HMMMM....

well?

It wasn't a chicken dream, just an example of the kinds of things I tend to dream about at the end of a sleep session. The sorting might be of socks or types of automobiles. Anything, really.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:29 pm
Selamat malam, Mr. Nice.

Sweet dreams.

Joe(zzzzzz)Nation
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:18 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Selamat malam, Mr. Nice.

Sweet dreams.

Joe(zzzzzz)Nation

Selamat siang, Joe Nation.

I had a sad dream last night. I meet one of my childhood friends. She said, "Good bye, my best friend. I am leaving this world. See you in heaven".

I am really sad now. I am afraid if something bad happened to her. She used to be my best friend when I was in my lovely village. I don't know how to cantact her. I don't know where she is now.

Hope she's just fine.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 04:22 pm
That's a sad dream, but it's not really about your friend, bung. It's about something you are saying goodbye to. Rest easy.

I didn't sleep much last night, nevermind dream.

I had a glass of wine at dinner. The stuff is now officially off limits for the next week.

Joe(Had a good nap today. No dreams though.)Nation
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 03:46 am
I dreamed I was in High School (although it looked nothing like my actual High School) and a girlfriend and I were bugged by a couple of (male) jocks. But I ended up volunteering to tutor one of them in grammar. I was explaining to him why this would be good for his education when the alarm went off.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:26 am
Another blank slate last night.

Joe(and not very good sleep either)Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:19 am
A little troubling...I dreamed that my mother (I think it was Pam Grier!) had been beaten, locked up and held hostage in our house by my friends' ex-husband and, in my bedroom/studio, we grabbed all of my xacto blades and t-squares to use as weapons and confronting him, I stabbed him with one of my blades.

The same friend who's ex-husband I stabbed has a sister who's a make-up stylist and in an earlier part of the dream, it seemed that a group of us were performing somewhere and she did everyones' makeup. We looked terrific.

I think I need to call my friend. For some reason, I'm dreaming about her people but not her. Strange.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:04 pm
Eoe--

I like your new avatar. Mystery with confidence.

I had another episode of a recurring dream, recurring theme waiting, waiting, waiting for a group of people who never come.

I've learned to leave the meeting place before I start feeling ignored. I wake up, of course, but this is better than feeling abandoned.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 02:28 pm
thanks Noddy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:11 pm
Some woman was trying to explain to me about something. She was some kind of teacher or lecturer.

Joe(I couldn't follow what she was saying.)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:37 pm
Hubby and I weren't getting along. We had checked into the same hotel, but stayed in different rooms. We met several times and talked, but didn't get anywhere. It felt like we were separating, although no decision had been made. We didn't like each other much.

Really awful dream.

SonofEva was conspicuously absent, come to think of it.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 04:38 am
Valerie Plame was talking. I couldn't hear her but at the bottom of the screen, text messages, ones that she had sent to various people were scrolling along, Met w/hm last wk, no problems none. I couldn't read some and I can't remember any more of them.

Later, I was trying to go the bathroom at some office but there was always someone else in there. I waited.

Joe(until I woke up)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 05:48 am
I'm having lots of dreams now. I think getting more sleep brings them on don't you?

I got on the wrong bus at the Marathon thinking it was taking me to the start line but instead it started driving down the course, over the bridge and into Brooklyn. (I've been watching a video of the course several times a day lately so this was particularly vivid.)

I got off the bus thinking I could wait until the runners came and then I would just join in but first I went to this house at the side of the road

(I was out in the country somewhere?)

My mom and dad were there and I was trying to get ready for the race but I couldn't find some of my energy gels and people (runners) kept coming to the door to ask if they could use the bathroom.
I told my dad we should lock the doors and he said those doors haven't locked for years... .

I tried to figure out how to get them to lock, one was an old stormdoor lock with a brass catch. I got it to work.

I went inside and got my running stuff.

Joe(I hit the road)Nation
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:39 am
I dreamed that the fourth graders were doing cartwheels over their desks.
0 Replies