What did you dream last night?

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 09:56 am
Another sorting, fixing, arranging dream. I've forgotten the details, but it was another one of those telling me it was time to get up already.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 07:25 am
The kid had a bad night last night. I was set up at the foot of the bed, which I do to monitor her -- by leaning against the bed, I can feel any movement she makes but hopefully get some sleep. (If she moves, I wake up immediately.)

I'd been awake from about 11:30 PM to about 3:00 AM (after having fallen asleep for the night at about 9:15 PM) and was very, very tired. I'd gotten in a nice position and was slipping into sleep but kept popping awake again. I had a snippet of a dream of a nice French person (no idea how I knew he was French -- not Francis btw) handing me some very stylish wraparound sunglasses and saying "it's OK... you can still see." I understood that to mean I could go ahead and go to sleep and trust that I'd wake up if I needed to.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 11:44 am
I had a horrible dream the other night - about an a2ker. The women who's husband hit her. I dreamed I knew where she lived and saw a news report she was murdered. Horrible I know - I went to the house to investigate. I threatened the husband as of course I/we were all suspcious - really creepy.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 12:05 pm
That may also be connected to the missing woman in Bolingbrook, Illinois. Have they found her yet?
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 02:54 pm
I have this series of recurring dreams. They don't all typically happen at the same time but they do seem to come more often when I'm feeling stressed.

Stepdad - Let's just say he was a verbally/physically abusive a$$ that was never happy with anything I or my mom did. He died about 15 years ago from an anyrism brought on my drinking too much. It seems everytime I dream about him I'm trying to prove to him how good I turned out (own a house, grad college, etc). I know this is probably my subsconcious trying to tell him all those things I wanted to tell him when I was growing up and didn't get a chance to but it still always leaves me with the feeling that he'll never know how much emotional pain he caused me even now as a fully grown and accomplished adult.

Cats - I have four cats who are mostly indoor cats. My boyfried and I have always talked about an emergency plan that if there was a fire or some other emergency in the house, how we would go about finding and securing them to someplace safe. Unfortunately most of the time in my dreams, he is not there and the cats are loose outside (because the house is on fire!) and I 'have' to go somewhere like work or some other appointment and I'm always left torn with the thought that if I leave them, they will run away someplace and I will never see them again. Don't even ask me why I care more about the appointment than the house being on fire.

Mouth Gunk/ Teeth - Ugh, this one makes me ill whenever I think about it. It happens in a variety of situations so it's not isolated to any one setting. Everytime I dream this one I either have a ton of 'gunk' in my mouth (like gum sort of but created by my own saliva). This gunk will fill up my mouth so that I can't talk and so I find myself putting my fingers into my mouth to collect the hardened gunk and get it out of my mouth (all while the person I'm talking to watches) Ew. Another variation on that is that I will have my teeth physically splintering in my mouth so that I have to spit it out. Some of the slivers go down the back of my throat and I end up having to use my fingers to reach in and gather up more of the teeth shards and blow them into my hands. Icky.

Anyone have interpretations of what they mean? I'd love to hear it Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 03:05 pm
I have had similar dreams about mouth/teeth. I have had the one where I am spitting out teeth and parts of my teeth. I also have goop in my mouth, but more that I am spitting out stuff like cigaratte ash - which seems weird to me as I have never smoked.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 03:25 pm
Oscar Wilde said "There is nothing more boring than other people's dreams". But here goes;

When I was young, I used to have a reccuring dream. I would be looking out of my bedroom window, onto the darkened street I was I lived on as a child. It's deserted, there is a strong wind, leaves are rushing along the road, it was night, the only light was from the old-fashioned sulpher street lamps. A strange boy comes out of one of the houses and walks to his front gate. He grips the iron gate and starts to rattle the gate with ever increasing anger, then he begins to shout "NOVEMBER" over and over again.

I can't remember if anything happens next - I always woke up full of dread.

I know it's a bizarre dream, but it always comes to mind this time of the year.

In 2003, I was very ill and close to death...

It's funny, I have no recollection of the month I was critically ill. Any yes, it was November. Was it portentious? I don't know. But the dream haunts me still.

x
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 04:58 pm
Linkat wrote:
I have had similar dreams about mouth/teeth. I have had the one where I am spitting out teeth and parts of my teeth. I also have goop in my mouth, but more that I am spitting out stuff like cigaratte ash - which seems weird to me as I have never smoked.

I read once somewhere (I was just a teen at the time) that when people dreamed about losing their teeth that they were worrying about money problems.
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 05:00 pm
smorgs wrote:
Oscar Wilde said "There is nothing more boring than other people's dreams". But here goes;

When I was young, I used to have a reccuring dream. I would be looking out of my bedroom window, onto the darkened street I was I lived on as a child. It's deserted, there is a strong wind, leaves are rushing along the road, it was night, the only light was from the old-fashioned sulpher street lamps. A strange boy comes out of one of the houses and walks to his front gate. He grips the iron gate and starts to rattle the gate with ever increasing anger, then he begins to shout "NOVEMBER" over and over again.

I can't remember if anything happens next - I always woke up full of dread.

I know it's a bizarre dream, but it always comes to mind this time of the year.

In 2003, I was very ill and close to death...

It's funny, I have no recollection of the month I was critically ill. Any yes, it was November. Was it portentious? I don't know. But the dream haunts me still.

x

Interesting dream I think. Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 06:11 pm
The other night I dreamed of Jacoby Ellsbury:
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site567/2007/0704/20070704__sportsb1ellsbury0705_300.jpg

He was, er, not wearing a cap. Embarrassed I recall walking away from him; I don't think we spoke.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 10:10 pm
Quite a disturbing , graphic, long dream.

In my dream last night, i have had a baby (i dont have any kids, in reality). I am watching a play with my friend and I leave my baby with her to look after while I have gone to the rest room. She is talking to somebody and the baby wanders away..and when i come back, baby's gone.

I am worried (of course) and I meet my husband's friend outside and i tell him what happened. He says "i can help you make another one"...and then we have sex. I meet one man after another and I sleep with each one of them.

Then I come home and cry (out of guilt)...and I woke up this morning, crying.

Shocked

PS: In reality, my husband and I were talking about having or not having kids a couple of days ago....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 01:02 pm
Yeah, well, that one's easy, sakhi. It's all about fear and anxiety about having a baby. I've had similar dreams at different points...pregnancy scares, then during infertility treatments, before impending birth, just before the baby started walking, the day before kindergarten began...I could go on and on. Fear and anxiety are a normal part of parenting, for good reason, I think. After all, it's a huge responsibility. The biggest responsibility a human being can take on.

I'll tell you about one of my dreams that was particularly vivid. So vivid I remember it clearly even though I dreamed it 14 years ago.

Try not to laugh. (If Joe Nation reads this, he will crack up. I'm sure he remembers the house.)

I was 7 months pregnant, and we lived in a tiny 1,000 sq. ft., 2 bedroom, 1 bath cottage. My (IRL) friend in the media called and left a message that then-President Clinton and his family would be visiting Tulsa shortly and needed a place to stay for a night or two. The usual hotels wouldn't do, the media and crowds would be all over them. They needed someplace quiet. The Secret Service (or whoever makes these decisions) had already decided. The Clintons would arrive the following day.

I put down the phone and looked out my quaint, little diamond-mullioned window into the front garden. Men in black suits were everywhere...tearing up my lawn to bury wires, talking on walkie-talkies, even setting up a satellite dish among the branches of my lovely 50-ft. Norway Spruce. I ran around the house, looking out all the windows. They were on every side, even moving surveillance equipment into the detached garage. They had taken over. I was alarmed, and angry. I stepped outside to have words with them, but couldn't get anyone's attention.

I went back inside, resigned to the fact that this was going to happen whether I gave my permission or not, and immediately went into full Martha Stewart mode. The beds would have to be changed. Where would everyone sleep? Did I have enough pillows and blankets? Were they fluffy enough for a First Lady? Oh, no! I never got that pink stain out of the good ivory towels after I washed them with a red dishrag once. That would never do! And look at these floors! Look at the refrigerator! NO, DON'T! (It was a mess inside.) And what about our cat, how would the neighbors get in and out of their driveway, would I have to make out a bathroom schedule, what about food?...........

The Clintons eventually arrived. Bill said he never slept much anyway, so he laughingly set up his laptop in the dining room and worked all night. Hillary slept in the apple green recliner with the nicest blanket I could find. Chelsea got the sleeper sofa. They were all so nice about it, they resolutely refused to take over our bedroom. Of course, I couldn't sleep anyway, what with all the commotion outside. There were about 100 Secret Service agents on constant patrol, helicopters overhead, local police barricading our street, papparazzi...

The Clintons took it all in stride. Bill and I stayed up and talked about barbecue and favorite places we'd been. He liked Rhodesia, I remember, but hated the food. I gave him a bag of Cheetos. The next morning, I asked Hillary how any of them could ever sleep with all this activity buzzing around them every second.

She shrugged and said, "You get used to it."

She was right.

I did.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 11:54 pm
Oh, Eva, that was actually a really nice dream....i did laugh out loud though, when i read it over (twice) Smile....

Yes, with my dream, i did guess that it was to do with the anxiety of having/not having children. What disturbed me in my dream was the graphic sex.... Shocked ..i didnt even know i was capable of imagining so much with so many people..yeesh.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 05:32 am
(Note to self: try to have more interesting dreams than eva and sakhi. fatchance)

The people at my work think my clothes smell. It must be from the sweat. I rinse out my good running socks and hang them up in the men's room. but that makes someone angry because later I find them soakingwet and balled up in a corner

AND someone has put some of our cats' kitty litter in the sink and it's blocking up the drain. I push most of it down the drain and then run a lot of water.

Joe(that was the cutest house, Eva. Smile )Nation
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:23 am
OK, so my recurring dream is this..

I'm walking down a country lane at midnight, and all of a sudden I hear the clip clop of horse's hooves as they approach from behind.
I look around and can just about make out a magnificent black horse in the moonlight, staring straight at me and closing the gap between us.
Worried, I quicken my step and hurry on into the darkness, only to turn a bend and find that the horse is now right in front of me, scraping one of its hooves on the tarmac and snorting loudly.
I turn around and run, hearing the hooves clatter as the horse canters after me.
Suddenly, I feel a hard impact between my shoulder blades and fall to the ground.
I am aware that the horse is now directly above me, and feel its hot breath on my face. My heart begins to pound as a hoof is placed across my windpipe, restricting my breathing.
The horse moves its large face close to mine, and hisses "I am woman, and roam the land of your nocturnal dreams. Look for me and beware, as I hunt for YOU and YOU alone, and whenever I find you, I will knock you down and slowly crush the life out of you. Remember......I AM WOMAN!"

Tell me, is this my very own personal Night Mare?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:01 am
I went on a date with Lawrence Fishburne, who was a Muslim, but dressed as a Ratafarian.

I wish my husband would get home from his trip.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:11 am
I only have daydreams.

Is that bad?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 09:40 pm
Not as long as they're about me. :wink:
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 05:01 am
(I just woke up from this one.)

John Stewart LINKdied last night from a massive heart attack.

I immediately thought that he had been assassinated by the Bush Administration.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/19/Dailyshow_a.jpg/250px-Dailyshow_a.jpg

I was very sad and very angry that they would kill him.

It was very real.

Joe(I even checked the news outlets this AM to see if it was true.)Nation
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 05:17 am
Last night I dreamed I found my watch.
(I lost it a couple of weeks ago, which I do from time to time, but it always turns up after a couple of days and this time it hasn't- so last night before my dream, I bought a cheap $7 watch to tide me over- believing that the one I lost WILL turn up, because I really like it).

In my dream, I woke up, and was getting ready for work and there my watch sat on top of the book on my bedside table, like it'd been sitting there waiting for me all this time. It was very real - so when I woke up this morning, I immediately looked to see if it was there, and there was a watch, but it was the cheap $7 one I bought last night.
0 Replies