A whole story, that included things I did recently (a trip to a castle),
people I have not seen in about 10 years, I think,
a parking lot with weird pay rates,
getting lost in the town,
and what not...
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 10:18 pm
Last night I had a dream that I was at work.... behind in all my projects and having to do the same task over and over and over. It all sounds very normal but my daily tasks were exaggerated. And then I had to wake up and actually go to work. Go figure!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 04:51 am
I dreamt that I was either a politician or running for office, something where I had to stand behind a lectern and give speeches with a bank of microphones. I knew I was going to be shot, and everything was in slow motion as the bullet approached. I then remembered that I had a higher chance of survival the higher up the bullet hit my body, as if a hit in the knee would mean instant death.

I ducked a bit and was hit in the left collarbone, towards the front. I put my right hand over the wound, expecting to find a rush of blood, but it was just the bullet, misshapen by the impact. It was small and made of brass, about the size of a wrinkled pea. I was looking at it when I woke up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 07:42 am
I suddenly realized that my front door was slightly open. I went to it and locked it but then realized that someone might have come in while it was unlocked.

I went down the hall to a windowed area that only exists in this dreamworld. I saw three, no four, men outside the windows on some kind of porch or balcony.

When they saw me they tried to get back in, but I picked up a large flat piece of wood, as large as a cutting board and began smacking them with it.

I couldn't hold them off and they were getting around me and I saw they had guns.

Then I remembered I was wearing my gun (!?!) in a holster in the middle of my back. I reached back and was pulling it out just like a cop when the dream ended.

Joe(I dodged a bullet or two)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 01:33 pm
I dreamt I was holed up in a hotel room with 4 other mortals, hiding from Darth Vader.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 04:20 pm
wow...I guess my dream blew everyone else's out of the water.

Last night....

I was driving through the desert at night....so dark, no stars...I was afraid of breaking down.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 05:55 pm
I dreamed that it was very hot, and everything I saw or touched was melting.

Since I am, on occasion, getting hot flashes, maybe I was just at REM sleep during one.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 06:56 pm
My dreams remain hidden from me most of the time. I'm very impressed by those who can remember everything, in such vivid detail.

Is there some technique that helps you recall your dreams? And do you wanna share it?

But I know when I've dreamed a shocker, because the blankets & sheets are in a tangled, mangled mess in the morning ("Ohoh, that was a bad one, alright!") & the cat vacates the bed, in protest, during the night.
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:54 pm
msolga wrote:
My dreams remain hidden from me most of the time. I'm very impressed by those who can remember everything, in such vivid detail.

Is there some technique that helps you recall your dreams? And do you wanna share it?

But I know when I've dreamed a shocker, because the blankets & sheets are in a tangled, mangled mess in the morning ("Ohoh, that was a bad one, alright!") & the cat vacates the bed, in protest, during the night.

I have no idea. Some of my nights are either dreamless or i do not remember them. Some dreams i remember vividly. Some i remember vaguely.

I have no clue if this is true, but they say you'll remember a dream if you wake up (even for a moment) soon after. And so if you're a heavy sleeper, you won't wake up and therefore, you'll forget the dream.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 02:33 am
I've also heard of folk who keep a notebook & pencil by their bedside ... & train themselves to immediately record what they remember of what they were dreaming, the instant they wake ...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:36 am
What about people like me, who only make daydreams?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:43 am
At least you can remember them!

Want to tell us about any of them?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:50 am
Not now, but I'll come back later..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:54 am
Okay!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 05:16 am
I dreamed about timberlandko. Smile

He was helping me pack for some sort of trip, and then I went outside to the station wagon (I haven't driven a station wagon in over 20 years) and it looked as if the car was floating on air, as if there was no bottom part to the tires. He had rigged it somehow. I went over to the car, and it was running -- apparently that was a part of the optical illusion of having it appear to be floating -- and scolded him wasting gasoline. Then we packed the back of the car, and it was open like a pickup truck. So I told him we had to tie down the stuff and cover it somehow, because it might get loose or dirty.

I woke up after that.
~~~~~~~~
It was a good dream, maybe a little basic but it was nice to see timber and he sounded like I hoped -- kind of folksy and funny.

I do not always recall my dreams, but if they are vivid and, as was said above, if waking happens not too long afterwards.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 03:56 am
just woke up from this one......
We are in a restaurant, it's after a race and my shirt is wet. They keep bringing huge pieces of bread, different kinds-some with nuts and raisins, some big white fluffy old-fashioned slices. I go to change. I run a long time to a house I've never seen. It's blue and has a big enclosed porch on the back.
I go in and find one of my old tee shirts there. "At least, it will be dry" I say and I remember remembering how cold I was one day while running with a wet shirt on.
I go back to the restaurant, my wife and friends are gone and the owner's wife tells me that someone besides them paid the tab. I go in the back to put on the dry shirt. They are cooking huge loaves of bread. Five feet long. They only cook them long enough to cook the insides. There's a blow torch machine to put the finishing black burned char marks on them.

The owner's wife, she's older than me, wants to waltz. We waltz for a minute or two. She's trying to talk to me but I just want to leave. I go back through the kitchen and realize all the staff have left. Then I realize that they have left because they thought the owner's wife was going to seduce me.
====
I wake up.

Joe(My shirt is soaking wet.)Nation
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 05:15 am
You have great dreams joe
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 06:21 am
ok, my dream just drifted back to me.

I dreamt on went on a date with Dean Martin, in his persona of Matt Helm....how groovy.

I was about 19 in the dream, and dressed up in one of those 60's black slinky dresses, and my hair done up a la Prisscilla Pressly.

Disturbing and alluring all at the same time.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 14 Nov, 2007 08:25 am
That sounds like fun, Chai.

My dreams are so pleasantly mundane these days, i have trouble remembering them but this morning one stood out. I dreamt that my terribly overweight cousin had lost about 100 pounds! She wasn't slender by any means but she looked wonderful all the same.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 08:11 pm
I was sitting in some sort of huge concert hall. I am way up in a second or third balcony. It was bigger than Carnegie Hall, maybe Lincoln Center.

On stage were six or seven musicians playing great big banjos, they were strumming away and accompanying them, off to the left, was another group of players, they had drums and cymbals.

It suddenly occurred to me that there were no microphones on any of the players, yet everyone could hear the music.

I turned to the man sitting next to me and said "There are no microphones."
He said "Yes, these banjos were invented in the days before microphones. They were big so that the sound would carry even in the largest music hall."

"Amazing." I said and I began to think about how small some of the auditoriums I've been in were and how that was because there were no microphones.

The man interrupted my thoughts by saying, "This is nothing. Tomorrow night they play Shea Stadium."

Joe(that will be big)Nation
0 Replies