What did you dream last night?

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 10:20 am
Last night I was having something made to show to our clients. It was a rolled piece of steel of many layers. A thin piece was sliced off so you could see the layers just like you would the growth rings of a tree. I kept asking myself what it could be used for and my mind kept saying: " It's like a collar" but then I pointed out that the hole in the middle was too small for anyone's neck.

Joe(That was pretty much it)Nation
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 11:35 am
Last night I dreamt that I had died and was faced with a panel of angels sitting at a table. Several of them were introduced and one of them was specifically labeled Lucifer. They looked rather cartoonish but it was clear that it was a serious event.

We proceeded to have a discussion regarding a series of symbols that were emblematic of my life and of various biblical proscriptions regarding behavior. I wasn't scared but did have a deep sadness regarding many of my past actions. I have a hard time recalling the specifics but I do remember seeing a golden cup that was full of blood, and a picture of a small girl accompanied with a question (don't remember the question) to which I answered, 'only the young are truly innocent.'

The dream ended with a narration; one of the angels/devils said, 'you are on a train and a man is chasing you with the intent to kill you. You are trying to escape from him, when you fall inbetween the train cars. Inexplicably, the train linkage breaks, and instead of being ran over, you are saved.' And I remember thinking to myself, 'there will be a sign. Don't miss it.' Then I woke up crying.

It was the craziest **** ever, guys. I've had a lot of vivid dreams over the years but this one is a doozy. I'm half convinced that it was a vision sent to me by some being (god? something else?) warning me to get my **** together before it's too late.

I'm sorry for every bad thing I've ever done in my life

Cycloptichorn
chai2

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2012 12:53 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Wow, that IS a doozy of a dream.

I had a long complex dream that I interpreted as prophetic too.

A lot of things that could only make sense to me, involving Manhatten, being able to get to a particular place (which was turning out to be impossible) it was getting late and dark. I encountered a young woman who used the most unusual method to get me where I needed to be. When we arrived, she asked me "How did I do this? Tell me I how I did this." as in she wanted me to realize why all the events that happened had taken place.
I turned away from her, denying that there was anything significant, pretending not to understand. I was more slightly annoyed at first at her, then I realized it was my pride keeping me from engaging her. As we parted, she said something like "You know you have this ability too. You know it."

The ability to get where I need to go.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jul, 2012 03:12 pm
@chai2,
Hmmmm.....reading my post above, I see this one as a continuance of the same message, but adding in caution.

Last night I dreamt I was driving up a long winding hilly road. I had to keep my foot on the gas to keep up momentum, but there were some sharp turns that made breaking necessary. This was hard to do, because you'd lose momentum and the car would labor.

I came to particulary steep part. I decided I had to give it the gas to keep going, but when I made the fast turn, I spun out on the road, and was suddenly going in reverse toward the edge of the road.
I knew I couldn't stop, and found myself rolling backwards, faster and faster, through trees, over rocks, and I knew eventually I was going to be getting to the edge of a cliff. I thought "You can't stop, but pay attention, you can pay attention."
I went over the edge, not really a freefall, but onto a really steep decline that was basically falling. I came to rest on the roof of a store that was part of a shopping plaza that was on the road below.
People saw me, and I thought, "oh good, someone's going to call help" After a minute or 2, I realized no one was even coming up to where I was. I got out, and found a door on the roof that lead down into the store. It was around then that it all hit me, and I felt really shaky, and shocked.
I said to someone "I landed on the roof. I fell from way up the hill, my car was crashing, etc."
The response was kinda like "oh?" I had to ask for someone to call the police, and when they showed up, it was like they didn't care either. They'd leave me alone, then come back, but no was was taking a report, let alone helping.

Finally someone asked me where I was going, and where I worked. I gave them the name of the place I had been working at, but left last October. They seemed annoyed when I told them what kind of business it was, saying "that's not how you spell that." when I had to spell out what they did.

Later on, thinking about it, I think the dream was saying "don't go too fast or you'll crash, and end up back where you were."
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 11:15 am
@chai2,
I love "You can't stop, but you can pay attention."

Joe(That's a good one.)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2012 02:42 pm
0 Replies

roseH01244

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2012 12:36 pm
@Joe Nation,
Its been a long time that I have not such dreams.. If it so , when i got up ... Dream is just blurred.
0 Replies

Wrathe

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 11:28 am
Girl I love... Avoiding me... Sleeping at church... She is there...

The rest was too confusing, like weird faces and big hangars
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:01 am
It's about 2 a.m. here. I just woke up, saying to myself, Gustav Courbet, the romantic food server.

Huh?

I wonder what that was about. Dream all gone but those words.

(ok, ok, and then I went to pee, and decided to find the bag of peanuts and post, am awake now)

Usually my dreams have visuals, with some kind of monologue..
This time, the visual vaporized.

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:25 am
@ossobuco,
Are you sure you weren't having another erotic dream involving food and that Ratzenhofer fellow again?

Was it "Gustav sorbet" that you were actually uttering?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:27 am
@Lordyaswas,
Ok, ok, I can make a visual for that..

The peanuts are too salty.
vonny

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 02:17 pm
@ossobuco,
I always have the same dream - some variations, but basically the same. I'm on top of a cliff ... it's dark ... I'm going to fall ... I can feel myself falling ... I try to scramble back ...

It seems so vivid that I can't always wake up properly. My husband has to 'talk me down' - convince me that I AM dreaming! Doesn't happen very often, but it's very frightening when it does.
vonny

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 04:56 am
@vonny,
Having posted the above ... last night I had a totally different dream! Perhaps because I wrote of my usual dream on here ... ? I was walking through a door, in sunshine, talking to friends, and noticed that my hair was so long that it was trailing on the ground. I lifted it, looked at it, and said "oh, I hadn't noticed how long it had grown - I must have it trimmed". Holding it up like a train, I carried on walking into the sunshine.

Not the most exciting dream perhaps, but odd for the reason described!
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 07:46 am
@vonny,
Nice one.

Joe(now, what haven't you noticed that's grown and needs to be trimmed?)Nation
chai2

Reply Wed 15 May, 2013 08:02 pm
@Joe Nation,
I've been having a lot of strange dreams lately, can only remember the feel of them. Of course can't adequately describe the feelings.

I keep thinking of this thread, trying to remember.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 16 May, 2013 02:29 am
@chai2,
I had a wise and funny woman tell me once, that just before you go to sleep, you say "Dreams, I shall remember you tonight."

Joe(sometimes that works)Nation
vonny

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 07:13 am
@Joe Nation,
Since I wrote on this thread that I only had one recurring dream, all has changed! I've had some strange and vivid dreams every night since I posted. Isn't it supposed to be a good thing to dream?
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 05:56 am
@vonny,
yes. it's an excellent thing to dream.
We have two brains apparently, one is our conscious brain; it takes in all of the stimuli from our senses, what we see, hear, touch, smell and ...feel (as in emotions). The other, the unconscious brain, is like a little file clerk inside a windowless room, receiving all this data from the conscious brain. There's too much of to handle, to file...so, and they've done many experiments with rats to verify this, ..your unconscious brain uses the periods that you sleep to sort everything out. (It may be, in fact, WHY we sleep.)
In the experiments with rats, the rats first learned a maze and the experimenters tracked, using brain scans, where the rats kept the recording of the maze. Then they changed the maze and watched as the rats' brains worked on re-learning the new data in their dream states by shifting through the old data and the new data very rapidly.

Here's the fun part: your unconscious brain doesn't really understand what the hell is going on out here in the conscious world. It tries to understand by placing whatever is already in your brain alongside whatever new information has arrived, but, because it doesn't know what the conscious world is really like, it offers what we take to be symbolic movies (dreams) for us to look at.
Last night I had a long dream about picking things up and taking them somewhere else. A real problem was I couldn't find the blue slippers where I had left them.
Remember, everything is your dream comes from within, it's already in your unconscious, so I look at this dream as the unconscious saying to me "You are gathering to move on with your life, some things you will not be able to take with you." Then, I have to consciously say "That will be okay."

Dreams are your unconscious brain trying to figure out what you are experiencing.

Oh, and I forgot one other thing: your unconscious mind makes all of the actual decisions of your life, we only think we are making conscious decisions.

Joe(dream on)Nation
farmerman

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 06:08 am
@Joe Nation,
heres hint for some great night time entertainment. Keep your TV on all night and just fall asleep. I suggest a movie like "Valley of Gwangi" youll be chasing dinosaurs (and vice versa) all during the flick. If you have a DVR service onyour cable, just record a movie and loop it to play all night.

chai2

Reply Mon 20 May, 2013 06:11 am
@farmerman,
I passed out drunk one time with the TV on, and woke up in the middle of the night to a screaming decapitated green head.

I solved that problem by never leaving the TV on again.
0 Replies