What did you dream last night?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 07:03 pm
Who can remember?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 03:42 am
@littlek,
Lady, you're the first one i'd call to go out to see a movie or go to a party with.

oh. and i swear i don't know who those group sex people were. i am innocent.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 09:47 am
I woke up very agitated that I couldn't find the wite-out, a product that I haven't used in waking life in years and years.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:12 am
strange dreams, at one point I decided I was dying, but this was a good thing.
I woke up, opened my eyes, then closed them, trying to recapture that.

while awake, was able to create not that "tunnel of light", but this very subtle whirlpool. It gathered into a very small lighter spot in the distance, with a slow swirling of progressively darker grays.
I was thinking about experimenting with letting my soul travel around a bit, which is what I felt would happen if I looked into the lighter area.

I decided to open my eyes for a moment, to determine if this was part a a dream or not.
I quickly opened and closed. I was awake, but that interuption was enough for me to lose what I had.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 10:43 am
I had a dream? LOL I forget them as soon as I wake up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 12 Sep, 2010 12:48 pm
@dagmaraka,
Hahaha... I know Dasha. I felt bad about yelling at you in my dream after I'd woken up.
jespah

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:02 am
@littlek,
Since I was going through my shoes yesterday (for real, in waking life), it kinda makes sense that shoes would figure in last night's show.

I saw these shoes on a counter top. Black pumps, heel not too high, with kinda rhinestone-y spangles on top and they were kind of a medium magenta purple on the side. For whatever reason, I wanted them.

I took them, and they fit me perfectly and went with my outfit, which was a lavender dress. I have no idea how long I wore them.

Then came the time to give them back, and I somehow learned that they belonged to, I kid you not, Sarah Palin (her name was in the crossword puzzle recently, that must be why my brain conjured her up). I returned the shoes to the counter and called Sarah -- helfino how or why I had her number. I thanked her for the shoes and told her she could have them back. And that's about when I woke up.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 07:37 am
@jespah,
you could have gotten some good money for them on ebay.
spendius

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 08:22 am
@chai2,
I dreamed last night that I was being chased by a bunch of hungry looking women. All I can safely remember is that they hadn't caught me by the time I woke up for a leak. Which shows how weak a thing a dream is when it has to give way to any sort of stimulus from the body. So it's a good job I had been to the pub because otherwise the voice of my body would not have over-powered the dream and I might have been captured.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Sep, 2010 02:30 pm
@spendius,
spendi, Let me translate your dream for you. You're the victim of women horny for a jerk like you, and your ability to run away from them is the highest fantasy you have ever experienced in your life. It must've been a wet dream.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 06:11 am
Last night I dreamed it was presidential election night. The Republican candidate was Newt Gingrich. For most of the night it looked as if he would win. Then it all came down to who would take California, where the outcome was on a knife's edge. Finally Obama clinched it. I was very emotional about all three parts. (Freaked out about Gingrich winning, nail-biting nervous about the California cliff-hanger, incredibly relieved when all turned out well.)

Can you tell it's election season?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 09:23 am
I went somewhere in Santa Monica, well, sort of Santa Monica-like, in my car. My car was similar to a jeep, but softer. Yes, softer. I think it had a velvet plushy top, possibly yellow gold colored, spanning from the back to front windshields. The starter was strange, somehow primitive. Whatever I did with my time in Santa Monica is now lost in dream space, but I was soon looking for my car all over town, including looking in some extensive wooden building where people were constructing a lot of contraptions (I forget exactly, but the rooms were tall, and very... wooden). One guy knew the car I was talking about and brought me to a fenced in area where it sat with no other cars around it. I was relieved. I got in, pushed the starter, drove out the gate, and woke up.
roger

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 12:09 pm
@ossobuco,
A sort of Santa Monica-like town. That's worth a smile.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 03:04 pm
@ossobuco,
I've had a good few lost car dreams osso. And 3 lost car wide-awakes. I never found one of them in the dreams. Since I decided that a car was more a bloody nuisance than anything else the dream has never reappeared.

I could interpret that dream for you if you like. It looks plain sailing.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 03:57 pm
@spendius,
I could interpret it too, except that I'm fairly mechanistic in my actual views re dreaming - that we are streaming old bits and pieces of whatever landed at our visual receptors in years that passed, and then were stored (though once in a while more recent bits, as Jespah was remarking about) and give them a story to go with them as we watch the brain show. I'd call it brain housekeeping, a kind of clean-out, except that sometimes dreams seem to re occur.

I went to first grade, second grade, and part of fourth grade in Santa Monica, and fell off the teeter totter (play apparatus) in a nearby park at age six, maybe partly on my head. Think of what this could explain!!
I worked in that city for years at some later times, so I've adult memories of the place too.

The dream had something to do with where that playground and school was - but not much, thus my place identification.

The big wood building - nothin' like that in that area. Only thing I can think of similar is the architect/artist Shigeru Ban's temporary exhibition space on a New York harbor pier a few years ago, but it's not that great a fit, his building being very much more elegant than the structure in my dream - and I only saw a photo or two about that.

So it goes.

I'm lucky so far. My dreams have never been nightmares. Knock on wood.

Adds, Shigeru Ban's place wasn't wood either. But there is some similarity.
http://www.nyc-architecture.com/CHE/CHE-037.htm
spendius

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 04:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm lucky so far. My dreams have never been nightmares. Knock on wood.

It's not luck osso. It's being a sweet person. In fact it proves it. There's no scientific reason for a sweet person to ever have a nightmare.

I suspect that in those moments as you fell asleep, which nobody can remember, you were thinking of your past in Santa Monica. An intro.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Sep, 2010 05:17 pm
@spendius,
Me, sweet? Some would shake their heads no.
I figure we all have annoying traits.

I haven't studied about nightmares much, not being in the psychology or psychiatry or brain chemistry fields, though I read about those, but at least some I know who have had very troubling ones have had some real life serious fearsome experience.
I do wake up about once every six months sure a spider is at hand - but I call that a phantasm, possibly incorrectly. It's not a dream but a very quick sensation that jolts me awake. When it used to happen, I'd get up and try to find the spider. Now I figure it's the phantasm again and just take a cursory look around.

This probably has to do with being raised around black widows, and then remodelling my studio in our old garage, which had black widows, and moving to New Mexico, which has black widows.

I didn't see one here in New Mexico until about ten days ago, and it was in my everloving kitchen, where I finally decided to clean around the back door. There were some small white nests where the wall meets the floor imperfectly (and needs to be grouted), and more nests in the indian bells I had hanging on the door knob. That'll teach me for not looking there - I recognized the nests. It was a daymare. I brought the bells to the sink and a big black widow came climbing up the sink side several times.

Well, adrenalin is a good thing. This not so sweet person became a spider killer.

I won't give a link for black widows, or y'all have nightmares.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 02:17 pm
I dreamt I took perfectly healthy, happy, pink babies, and carefully snapped them in two, sorta like crispy KitKat bars. I did not take any great pleasure in doing so but it seemed like a requirement. I went about it in a perfunctory and efficient manner...until I woke up wondering what the hell?

It was a very realistic dream, with the babies making a nice crisp snapping sound yet not being any worse for the result.
spendius

Reply Wed 15 Sep, 2010 03:04 pm
@Chumly,
Cripes!!!
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 04:54 am
I woke up really early and went back to sleep which is when a lot of the dreams I remember happen. I know this one was influenced by the fact that I've been talking about the prison on another thread a lot the last few days and the last post I made last night was about mobile (cell) phones.

So this part is real life: In real life, you're not allowed to bring mobile phones into the prison and every day as part of my routine, I lock my mobile phone and wallet (which has my driver's license with my address on it) in the glove compartment of my car. You have to wear a belt with a key pouch. When you go through the main gate of the prison they usually ask you if you have a mobile phone, you say 'no', and you exchange a token for a set of keys.

I do usually still bring my cell phone in the car in case my children need to reach me during the day - they can text and leave a message that I can see when I get out of work.
But one day, I searched my bag to take it out and couldn't find it so I figured I'd forgotten to put it in my bag and went through the gates, saying, 'No, I don't have a mobile phone on me.'
I met my friend Liz coming back in the other direction because she'd realized she'd accidentally walked through with her mobile phone and she was taking it back to leave it at the gate. I thought to myself, 'I better go through my bag again, just to make sure it's not in there.' So I did and I found that it was way down in some other compartment that was not where I usually put it. The two of us walked back together to leave them with the guards at the gate.

The next day our supervisor told us we had to go to security to sit through this security talk about the danger of mobile phones in a prison. At the talk the guy said, 'You both did the right thing bringing the phones back out - but the fact is you did walk through the gate with them and if this happens again, you will be permanently excluded from the prison.'

Now this is the dream: I dreamed I was in the classroom and the men were doing independent work and I was standing at the front of the room holding my mobile phone in my hand- the lid was flipped up and it said that I'd had five missed calls.
I also had a laptop and was writing an e-mail to someone.
Both of those items (the laptop with internet access) are strictly forbidden in the prison. I noticed one of the men, a new one was watching me. It suddenly occurred to me that I wasn't supposed to have the mobile and I quickly put it in my pocket. The laptop went undealt with and didn't figure again in the dream.
At breaktime I determined I should quickly run out to the car park and leave the phone there. But I would have to get back out of the main gate to do so. So I walked to the gate, but then realized I didn't have any keys although I had my belt with keypouch but no token. As I was standing at the gate totally perplexed the phone started buzzing so I started talking so the guard who was opening the gate wouldn't hear it. I was still perplexed though because how had I gotten to my classroom which entailed unlocking three gates and the classroom door without keys and where was my token? It wasn't there but if I'd handed it in, I should have gotten keys in return.

Then I remembered I'd parked in this new underground car park. Suddenly I was there again, and I couldn't find my car to put the phone in the glove compartment. It was very dark and had an unpaved dirt surface instead of tarmac. There was someone else going out to his car and he helped me find my car.
Then he showed me this underground tunnel into the prison - no keys required - and I realized that's how I'd gotten in that morning and that's why I had the phone and laptop - no locks, no gates, no guards.

Then my dog barked (in real life) and I woke up.
This is the first dream I've remembered in weeks - which is a long time for me to go without remembering a dream.
The other day I was having a really good dream and my dog barked and woke me out of that one, but I couldn't remember anything to help me recapture it except that it was good - very frustrating.
0 Replies