What did you dream last night?

chai2

Reply Tue 21 Sep, 2010 06:42 am
3 different dreams last night.

I dreamt I was diagnosed with huntington's disease.

Then I had a dream that involved survival of the fittest.
I was involved in writing some sort of documentary(?) In it, there was a security camera video tape of a little girl that had wandered a few steps into a mens room. Then it showed her running out, only to be grabbed by a boy who appeared to be maybe 11. Apparantly there was another boy inside, and they raped and killed her.
In the video, it showed in slo-mo/stop frame the opportunity she had had to make good an escape, by biting the lower leg of one of the boys, when he was on the ground, having tackled the girl. Her mouth was open, the achilles tendon was right there, but she didn't take the opportunity to fight back.

Finally, I dreamed on was on this small island in the middle of a river. I'd been able to drive over to it when the tide was out, but it suddenly came back in, and I couldn't get back.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sat 16 Oct, 2010 10:25 am
I had the most wonderful dream last night.
I dreamed that I was visiting my family in the US, but I went to the old house I grew up in that my parents sold three years ago because in my dream that's where my mother still lived.
When I walked in the living room, it was the same as always except instead of carpet on the floor, there was grass- it was long and needed to be mowed.
A vine was clinging to my leg and I bent down and removed it. My mother handed me a bouquet of flowers and asked me to put them in water. They were white roses with one purple iris. I found a silver vase and I was going into the kitchen to fill it with water and I saw my father standing there (he died in February of this year), tall and big and fit and strong as he was in his prime - he looked about fifty.
In my dream, it was clear that I wasn't expecting to see him and I was filled with delight and happiness and cried, 'Daddy!' and ran to him and he hugged me though he didn't say a word.
I woke up crying with happiness.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 08:01 am
OHmyGOD, what a dream. Long, long, all night long. I was arranging a wedding for someone,, not me,, but I was responsible for making all the plans AND it was happening TODAY.
I woke up a couple of times, shook my head in relief, realizing it was a dream after all, then went back to sleep and fell right back into the same dream.
Joe(i was not prepared for how anxious it made me.)Nation
dlowan

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 08:54 am
@Joe Nation,
Hmmmmmmmm
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:18 am

A few minutes ago, I dreamt that while walking on a nearby street
in my naborhood, I saw a tiger roaming around, and some other animals.
The tiger did not threaten me, but a large bushy primate did.
I knew that I shoud not run, nor turn my back on them.
I successfully showed counter-aggression. (I ran a bluff, as I had no shoulder-weapons with me.)

David
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:22 am
I dreamed that Barry's daughter, whom I've never met, nor (i think) had a conversation with online, showed up and wanted to help me fix things here at the farm.

she was carrying a pie of some sort. I woke up before I could find out what kind of pie it was, but it smelt delicious...
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 06:47 am
@Rockhead,
Nice, Rockhead.

== for me, an uneventful night, at least how I remember it.
Joe(my inner mind finally rests)Nation
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:10 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Nice, Rockhead.

== for me, an uneventful night, at least how I remember it.
Joe(my inner mind finally rests)Nation
He 's probably tired from all that running.

David
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:22 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I was moving people around from place to pace and we only had a limited time.
In real life I was stacking fireood yesterday, so maybe the precision of my pile leaked over into my dream state.
Or it coulda been the pizza.
spendius

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 07:40 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I was moving people around from place to pace and we only had a limited time.

The control freakery possesses the dream state. And is in a muck sweat.
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 08:18 am
@spendius,
I imagine that you have dreams where you are looking up from a drainage basin as you flow laminarly to the sea .
spendius

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2010 12:12 pm
@farmerman,
I am usually on the edge of nearly being in the **** I must admit.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 08:58 pm
Last night's dream happened after a 14-hour drive from Atlanta to New Jersey, most of which happened on Interstate 81. On other trips, I had driven I-81 all the way to where it enters Canada near Kingston, Ontario, and on to Toronto.

My subconscious must have remembered that, because I dreamed about "completing" the road trip up I-81 and approaching the border. The Canadian customs officer asked to see my passport. I didn't carry one. "You cannot enter Canada without a passport. Please proceed back into the USA." So I did. But now the American officer asked for my passport. "I'm not carrying one." "Well, how about your Green Card?" "I'm not carrying that either." "Well, you cannot enter the United States without those. Please proceed back to Canada."

After about three turns around this infinite loop, I woke up, sweating all over my body.
Ceili

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 09:13 pm
@Thomas,
ach. I feel for you. The endless loop of nasty border control..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2010 09:27 pm
@Ceili,
Me too. I have my own lines of anxiety but similar patterns.

Alternately, I am figuring out I'm a fluff budget. People I seem to know and I are winding our way through the world's bazaars, places differing re dreams, but often centered, confoundingly, on where I lived longest, Los Angeles. It is some kind of chase, not for the object, but for the ultimate place, where..

Good morning!!
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 09:30 am
@ossobuco,
Come on osso--you're making me feel sad. There is no ultimate place. Make the most of where you are.

I don't know for sure whether I'm reading you right but you come over to me as a bit lost.

American movies and plenty of other stuff have made ELL-AAY seem like the ultimate place. I've felt the pull myself. It comes over as a paradise at times. Not in Chinatown though.

And you've lived there and you're moaning!! Imagine living in Haiti. A "fluff budget" will go a long way there I should think.

Cheer up girl. We all love you you know. I did as soon as I saw you in the pictures at wande's Chicago gig. A sort of tendresse. I know we have had a spat or two from time to time but that's not something I bother too much about. Me and Cal are always having little digs at each other. And I always lose.

And you're a good sport. Is wande's Chicago gig where you met rjb?

If I might chance my arm you might consider a male chauvinist pig who is looking for a lady to do for him. Men like that find ladies who like doing for them quite delightful and would never dream of swapping them in. A Jack Nicholson type. With them being hated so much you're holding all the aces assuming you can cook which I gather you can. You ensnare them in a web of comfort.

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 01:08 pm
@spendius,
It's Cal and I.....where is your grammar?
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2010 02:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
I know Cal. I tried it first but it looked so formal.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 03:17 pm
Last night I had intense dreams. I don't remember anything about them except that I was able to watch two bald eagles soaring together for a good length of time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2011 03:37 pm
@spendius,
I enjoyed that post, Spendius..

My post about being in Los Angeles - I city I do love - was trying to express what tends to be occurring in those kind of dreams. I have found, for many years, that I tend to dream about places or people from the past, not the present; often that will be at least five or ten years in the past. Dreaming about present day people and places has happened for me, but quite rarely. I don't remember dreaming about Albuquerque yet, or about any of my friends or associates here. Give me five more years for that to start.

Yes, I first met RJB in Chicago. That was a great trip. He has also organized a meeting here in Albuquerque, back in 2007 (I think it was).
0 Replies