What did you dream last night?

squinney

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 01:18 pm
Sister had a cockroach in her hospital room the other day. (For real. She's in with pancreatitis. It was crawling up the wall)

Last night I dreamed that we had a new, younger couple as neighbors in a neighborhood I am not familiar with in RL. Cubs kept hanging out at their house. They were very nice. I went to talk to them and apologize for the kids being there so much and they were very kind and said they enjoy them... even play Rock Band with them sometimes.

I left and went back to my house, which was a little 50's style bungalow, white with black shutters, cracks in the sidewalk but very comfortable feeling. I stopped by the back door and noticed that the people before us had planted something in the raised bed ... Looked closer and it was fresh asparegus, green peppers and tomatos. I was thinking what great find that was when I woke up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 05:17 am
Long dream... I was supposed to be going on some date my ex wife and there was the usual complications of time and we were going to go a bus and not in a car and she was elsewhere but would return in time to go and that I was supposed to wait and SUDDENLY I was in a restaurant, waiting to pay the bill, and I couldn't get the waitress' attention and there was something wrong about the bill but I can't remember.
I went back to the house to wait and I was walking around the back yard in just my underwear (?!) and there was a big rabbit in a basket on the porch.... (I swear, no acid was involved.) ANY way a minute later I am being introduced to a big dog, friendly, but I'm nervous because I can't remember when we are supposed to be going and ....finally, thankfully, I awoke.

Joe(Sheesh)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:14 am
There were two brothers (how I knew that I don't know), Asians, trying to return something to a store. There was some kind of fight going on between the people who worked there and them. I was trying to call 911 but kept getting some travel help line. Finally, there were sirens.
====
I think I had some kind of vision last night on the subway. While reading my magazine, I suddenly saw somewhere between my eyes and the paper a vision of a man and a woman standing outside a store talking. That's it. They were just talking. He was smiling in a smirky Karl Rovian way, she was cheerful.

Then it- and them- poof- disappeared.
Joe(Okay. that was weird.)Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:03 am
Squinney, my Aunt Odessa would say that your dream of new young neighbors and the surprise of fresh vegetables means that somebody close to you is pregnant and a baby is on the way.

Right before getting up this morning, I dreamed that I was attending a party, alone. Driving a red sportscar. I ran into an old boyfriend, still handsome. He pinched my face (in reality, only my brother pinches my face) drank too much and started puking. I left him, went into the ladies room, peed, and tore my fishnet pantyhose to shreds trying to pull them back up. Shocked

For the record, I haven't worn fishnets since attending a Tina Turner concert in the mid-80's.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 12:00 pm
A real marathon of a dream but here's the short version:
I was at some kind of bar where there had been a party. I was supposed help clean up the mess for some reason. I found two bags of chocolate bars and made up my mind instantly that I would keep them. Mr. Green Some people there objected.

Joe(I paid them no nevermind.)Nation

PS: Wouldn't it be fun to try to explain to a non-English/American speaker what "I paid them no nevermind." means??
dagmaraka

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 12:29 pm
@Joe Nation,
bar...mess....demanding chocolate bars -- was I there?
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:39 pm
@dagmaraka,
There were a lot of people standing around.
There were no people laying on their back blowing Malteasers up into the air.
So, that leaves both you and Izzie out.
===
I'll try to get you both invited tonight.

Joe(hey! what's in this bag? Plane tickets?)Nation
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 05:44 pm
@Joe Nation,
Mine was very real, the kind you wake up from and wonder if it's true, but I forget the entire episode..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:15 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

... blowing Malteasers up into the air.
NOT!!!
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:27 pm
My dreams are usually so boring that I wake up from it,
but the other night I dreamed about a Cobra snake. My SO tried to pick
it up and I yelled at him to leave the snake alone. Am I reliving the paradise
scene?
aidan

Reply Sun 12 Apr, 2009 01:40 am
@CalamityJane,
I have a white blouse that got washed with colors and turned grayish. I had put it aside because I was going to soak it, and then handwash it to get it back to white. (This is not the dream part, this is real life)

I dreamed last night that I was walking down the street and I saw a girl walking in front of me who was wearing my grayish white blouse. I went up to her and said, 'I was going to wash that - you shouldn't have worn it like that. Here give it to me and I'll wash it so it'll be nice and white.'

Her response wasn't part of the dream.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:56 am
Good one, aidan.

I've got to start posting mine here again.
I've been remiss.

Joe(been dreaming, just not posting)Nation
Izzie

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:02 am
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:

Joe Nation wrote:

... blowing Malteasers up into the air.
NOT!!!

hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Little Fella will give you a run for yer money!!!!!!!!!!! <click on the pic>

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/th_P1010283-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/th_P1010288-1.jpg

Razz What a SUPERSTAR he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
jespah

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:22 am
@Izzie,
Last night's was a doozy.

I came home from some outing to find that all of the kitchen cabinets were opened and all of the stuff in them taken out and put on the counters (neatly, I might add). There was a short guy, about 4 feet tall or so, who I had never seen before who was clearly responsible. His head was a little too big for his body and he superficially resembled a guy I work with but don't interact with much.

Since he was responsible and I was dreaming, I grabbed him by the throat with my left hand and started squeezing. He was a small guy so this lifted him off the ground. With my right hand I grabbed the phone and dialed zero.

The operator came on and asked me how I was going to pay for the call. I said, I don't know, credit card or something, just dial 911! She told me I could not pay that way and I told her I'd give her a check or something, just call the police. She then told me to dial them myself and I said I couldn't, I was kinda busy.

And that's when I woke up.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:25 am
@Izzie,
so when is the...er...blow-off? what happened to the Spring Gathering? I propose Amsterdam. It's so nice, and, well, so close.
Izzie

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 06:34 am
@dagmaraka,
How long are you there for gal???????????????? FQ lives near Colchester - maybe do a ferry crossing from Harwich to........ ack....... can't remember the name of it (darn, done it loadsa times>.......... <pass the sick bag>!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 08:31 am
That was definitely a doozy, Jespah.

I found my way into a very modern building of the horizontal sort with a rather striking roofline somewhere in Malibu and ended up at a major engineering firm where I wanted them to give me the plans and I'd take them back to my former employer - they could call and verify that this was fine with that firm. While I was waiting, walking around the buiding plaza in the sunshine, I noticed a great store and went in, but it was the wrong door, and soon I'd had my hair done in a very interesting way that involved having it long, with the lower three inches all frizzed and grizzly like some beige fur puffy trimming. Leaving there with the intent to either wash it out or cut it off, I went into the shoe store clothing place which was suddenly right there and looked at all the exotic clothes. Found a dress I liked but it was $299.00, which was too much (reality intervening in dream) and kept looking. I woke up before I got to the shoes.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 01:35 am
@Joe Nation,
I had another one the same night that was really good - a pleasureable experience.

I had this little package in my hand and in my dream, I was expecting it to be one thing (that I was looking forward to- but I can't remember what it was supposed to be - only that I was looking forward to it).

Anyway- opened the package and my initial reaction was disappointment - it wasn't what I had expected- it was a bundle of these beautiful toffee colored candies, but I thought, 'I'd rather have chocolate' until I picked one up and tasted it and then it was like the most wonderful thing I'd ever tasted in my life.
aidan

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 05:30 pm
@aidan,
Last night I dreamed that I woke up one morning and I had to go to work, but I was really excited and happy to get outside because overnight it had snowed quite a lot and it was one of those cold, crisp and crystalline blue sky and snowy days that I love.
So instead of driving, I was skiing to work and I had to slalom around these beautiful little children who were lying in the snow making snow angels. I wasn't nervous or fearful of hitting them - it was this wonderful feeling of being totally in control physically while at the same time having the opportunity to see their beautiful faces shining up from the snow.

(I told a friend of mine this dream - and he's usually really good at interpreting - but he had no idea what this symbolized).
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:21 am
Not so sure your inner mind knows we value symbols out here in reality, but what a lovely scene it created.

Joe(faces shining in the snow)Nation
0 Replies