What did you dream last night?

jespah

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 04:55 am
@OGIONIK,
Two for the price of one.

1) RP and I were hosting some sort of party and buying food for it. It was going to be hamburgers, hot dogs and crinkle fries. I had a box with the burgers (in bags) and the crinkle fries (mostly frozen, although one bag was hot, also in bags) in it. We went to the pickle aisle and the pickles were not in jars. Rather (and this was where the relish and ketchup were as well) they were either stacked on shelves (just sliced pickles with no packaging whatsoever) or in plastic wrapping hanging from hooks, almost like Xmas tree ornaments. I looked at one of the hanging slices which was the size of maybe four or five postage stamps and expected it to cost a nickle. On the back, the price tag (there was no bar code) showed that it retailed for 79 cents. I put it back. RP told me he'd gotten relish anyway.
2) There were two dark-skinned Arabic guys on TV in a bathtub. They were standing in it and fully clothed, although there was water in it. They were mainly seen in profile, just standing in the tub, maybe leaning over a tiny bit. Then, from offscreen to the right, a little old lady (I think it was the woman from the freecreditreport.com commercials) was trying to pull the (black, shiny) pants down of the guy on the right.

And that's when I woke up.
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 05:35 am
Not last night, but a few nights ago. I have no idea about the dream itself, but on awakening, the word "spiterij" was lodged in my brain as something very significant. Something urgent! I wrote it down right away, so I wouldn't forget. Not often that such a thing happens to me. But it meant absolutely zilch, off the top of my head. Later, when online, I Googled it. And what do you know? Spiterij means nothing what-so-ever! So I feel like I've somehow, subconsiously played a trick on myself! Confused Confused
squinney

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 02:37 pm
@msolga,
Those are the letters you will have to deal with in your next game of Scrabble... or maybe it's backwards? Did you try looking up jiretips?
msolga

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 08:35 pm
@squinney,
Quote:
Did you try looking up jiretips?

Why no, squinney!

Idea Or backwards, even, as you've suggested?

There's got to be some reason, a message, a sign, something ...Surely?

Honestly, it seemed enormously significant & deep at the time!Laughing

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2008 09:09 pm
@msolga,
I've been travelling in my dreams lately. By that I mean they take place in locations I don't live and have never been to. The dreams have faded but in one I was somewhere in southern France, I think with my ex. In another, I owned? was chef? was setting tables? at an irish outdoor cafe (do they have a lot of those in Ireland?) and was worried about some mafia guy from the US, possibly having to do with salmon delivery.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2008 05:22 am
Osso - That wasn't a mob guy...

I had a dream that I had prepared tons of food and whatever it was for, it was over. I was in a big banquet hall with all this food, methodically putting it into single serving containers that were stacked all over the place. I was very relaxed and satisfied as i did this. Just as I finished the last portion, I looked up and coming in the door at the far end of the building was... BATMAN carrying a large pot with more food that I needed to store.

(I am not a super hero fan so I have no idea why I dreamed of Spiderman the other night, myself being a super hero that needed to save Spiderman, or now Batman.)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2008 06:12 pm
I was walking with my sons who were very young (3 and 5 or there about) when these two huge cardboard boxes came flying over head full of Canadian actors (the moderately known ones, that you see in Canadian Tire commercials or regional theater). The actors looked terrified and were being exhorted by some loudmouth to think positive thoughts to keep the boxes in the air. They landed with a gentle bump on the pavement ahead of us and all the actors got out to perform some street theater. Then it was back into the boxes and positive thoughts to get the boxes airborne again. Turns out this was their mode of transportation around town to perform outdoor street plays.
(Anybody else see a tie in to our present prerogued minority government's stand on the arts and what kind of funding they deserve?)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 07:21 am
I dreamed I went to go pick a number for a road race (In life there are always lots of people there and the numbers are in one foot square file boxes, filed by name.) In the dream I get there, very few people around, the woman asks my name and without even looking at the box says "It's not there."
"What do you mean?"
"There's only two in the J file and you're not one of them."
They told the same thing to the tall female runner behind me. Neither of us left. We just waited saying nothing.
Suddenly I noticed other runners were saying that there had been some kind of mix-up and you could either make your own tag or go to this other place to pick up the real one. The tall woman and I headed for the real pickup. We waited. But when we got to the front it was a some kind of fast food restaurant and they didn't have any numbers or tags, but they pointed to another place that we had walked by.
More lines but this time it was up a flight of stairs or a stopped escalator and an old man was in front of me. At the top you had to climb over the side and I had to help him and he almost slid down the steep slope but some other people grabbed him and pulled him around.
I decided I would take another way. I turned around and the steps were covered in snow. I skied down them, diving into a drift at the bottom. Sometime in the dream I thought I saw my former partner at the bottom but when I got there, I was alone.

Joe(ice storm outside in NYC right now>)Nation
dagmaraka

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:03 am
@Joe Nation,
interesting, i had a skiing dream, too. maybe dreams are fed to us through the Matrix.

Mine was short but very real-feeling. I was on a ski chair lift, going up.
Suddenly the lift stops, the chair makes a few long slow swings as it does, then suddenly there was this timeless moment of nothingness as i realized it detached from the rope....just hung in space for a brief eternity....and then we started falling - skis and hats flying everywhere.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:42 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

Two for the price of one.

1) RP and I were hosting some sort of party and buying food for it. It was going to be hamburgers, hot dogs and crinkle fries. I had a box with the burgers (in bags) and the crinkle fries (mostly frozen, although one bag was hot, also in bags) in it. We went to the pickle aisle and the pickles were not in jars. Rather (and this was where the relish and ketchup were as well) they were either stacked on shelves (just sliced pickles with no packaging whatsoever) or in plastic wrapping hanging from hooks, almost like Xmas tree ornaments. I looked at one of the hanging slices which was the size of maybe four or five postage stamps and expected it to cost a nickle. On the back, the price tag (there was no bar code) showed that it retailed for 79 cents. I put it back. RP told me he'd gotten relish anyway.
2) There were two dark-skinned Arabic guys on TV in a bathtub. They were standing in it and fully clothed, although there was water in it. They were mainly seen in profile, just standing in the tub, maybe leaning over a tiny bit. Then, from offscreen to the right, a little old lady (I think it was the woman from the freecreditreport.com commercials) was trying to pull the (black, shiny) pants down of the guy on the right.

And that's when I woke up.

might i ask, does this dream have anything to do with waterboarding and those guantanamo pics?
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:46 am
@OGIONIK,
another question, to everyone, do your dreams ever scare the **** out of you?

my grahma was talking to my aunt millie, she said somehting about premonitionons, like i have HAD those things, whether it was random or not...

story time" i had a dream i saw crocodiles, and the whole land was flooded, every way, clouds and ****"

i wake up, log on my pc, go to reddit.com, and read abotu crocodiles being found in florida storm drains after a flood, i didnt have any idea before i fell asleep..

shits crazy im tellin ya! wait or maybe im crazy, ehh..

every time i dream, or remember the drams ive had the night before, its bone chilling
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 04:54 am
@OGIONIK,
lol, just yesterday i decided to start a physical dream journal instead of posting here since my posting ability will be quite handicapped quite shortly.

seeyall laters heh, good times, good times....

much love! latez!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 11:02 am
@OGIONIK,
Driving Miss Daisy had been on the night before. After that, I got nothin'.

And come back when you can, kiddo.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 07:55 pm
Very vivid.

First, I was in my sorority and looking through some papers. They said I was not very nice, that I was confused, other negative stuff. It was a bunch of Post-It notes, all jumbled together. Turned out to be in a gal's suitcase and I had to work hard to get them back in before she returned.

Then I was, uh, hmm, I'm forgetting it but somewhere in there I was also making a sandwich. Ack, I've forgotten the rest; there had been several scenes and now they're outta my head. Ah, well.
djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 07:56 pm
@jespah,
next time could you make me a sandwich too?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 08:09 pm
@djjd62,
I had my first cockroach dream, at least that I remember. First of all, I wasn't home at my house, which was good. It was just a little cockroach, I think in a drawer. I smashed it but then it ballooned up. Pretty soon it was the size of a whole chest of drawers, and starting to open the top drawer - which of course woke me up. I was relieved it wasn't true.

I blame it on the egg rolls I had for dinner.
George

Reply Fri 23 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
Note to self: no egg rolls before bedtime.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:17 am
Must be something is the air.
Last night I dreamed I was traveling somewhere. I had a bag with me and I was trying to get into a church building of some kind when this thin woman approached me and asked for my help. She said there were some men over in the parking lot and she didn't like them or they were somehow bad, I don't know, it was confusing.

Anyway, I said I couldn't help her and she went back to the parking lot, but now I could see two police cars there. So I felt better and I started walking and the dream ended.

Joe(dufflebag Bob)Nation
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 07:12 am
@ossobuco,
i had a cocroach dream once.... i was at a roadside restaurant in India with a friend, we were having some chicken. Then one cockroach appeared on the table, checking out the plate... Then another...Then I noticed that what I thought was a pattern on the wall were all cockroaches, hundreds upon hundreds.

Wait...that wasn't a dream.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 11:23 am
@dagmaraka,
I remember that accounting, Dag..
0 Replies