What did you dream last night?

jespah

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:04 pm
@Linkat,
I hope your department is unaffected by the layoffs. Just got a note from a pal of mine who's still there -- he thinks that department is okay but who knows.

And I hope your Dad is better soon.
Linkat

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 01:12 pm
@jespah,
Thanks - no effects yet to my department - fortunately I am in an area where the job is required due to SEC and other regulations - as long as it is decided to outsource us - we shouldn't be touched or at least lightly touched initially.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 06:36 pm
@Linkat,
My best wishes to your dad, Link.

Joe(.... .....)Nation
Linkat

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 04:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
thanks
The Nexus

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 06:48 pm
@Linkat,
I dreamt that I was riding on a bus and it exploded. I died and there was lots of blood and I'm glad I'm awake now. Wait.....what's that noise?........AAAARRRRGGGHHH!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 07:56 pm
@Linkat,
Big stresses, Link.

I had a double dream, in that I woke up once and then apparently went right back to the situation and its complexities. (Yes, I thought that while I was dreaming.) Second time I woke up, I remembered the dream for a smattering of seconds and then it fizzled. I think my husband (ex) was in it but don't remember that being a concern; whatever the project/situation was, it was going well, not scary.

I tend to not to dream about immediate people in my life. Apparently they have to marinate in my brain dressing for several years before they make it to this level of dream - or this level of dream may be my brain purging old stuff. Sometimes people and places of yore are also often mixed up with some recent imagery.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 05:14 am
Been dreaming more lately and forgetting to post here (arrgh) Last night a bunch of us were painting some kind of workshop. We were painting the floor. Painting only one side of each hallway's floor so that people could still work, I guess.

==
In the dream the other night I was in a large building that I didn't recognize but that my brain decided was KTUL-tv Tulsa. Don Woods, the weatherman from my tv days was there and said "Hello, how are you doing?" There was the usual panic in the control room as the newsfilm (yes, kids, we did the news on film not video tape) had been cut incorrectly and pieces of film leader kept getting broadcast.
I was very calm and said I was prepared to direct again. No one believed me.
Joe(even I didn't believe me.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:50 am
Another extraordinary dream. Many characters, but only one significant one, I think.
L came over and we were in bed for awhile but no sex (so real) then she left and I was in bed with the blond girl from the Queens 1/2 Marathon race. We talked, there was some sex and we talked about getting some pizza. ( I realized that I could stay and do what I wanted because I didn't have to be with L.)
The blond girl said we should go to look at the ocean
"To see the blue waves."
Then I heard the door opening. I thought "oh, L is going to come in here soon." and I didn't want her to see the blond girl. So I got up and went to the door. I didn't let her in but when I turned around my apartment was full of people. They were all talking and showing each other old touristy things - an ashtray shaped like some State- L came in and saw all the people and couldn't tell if I had been with anyone else or not.
The blond girl and I went out the door and I said "Isn't the ocean on the other side of the State?" "Yes,' She said" But they are building a walkway to go over."
We went to see them building the stone walkway. It was getting longer by the minute. I felt I could walk down that path as far as I wanted to.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 12:14 pm
I had a dream this weekend (maybe a more positive one)...

I was sitting on a plane waiting for the other passengers to complete boarding. Right behind my seat was the controls for the plane (so the pilot can fly) - don't ask me why the controls were in the middle of the plane out in the open its a dream -

Anyway the plane was warming up so some of them controls were on. Some clumsy passenger when walking by hit the control to make the plane start flying. There we were with no pilot beginning to fly - fortunate or not fortunate as no one was at the controls the plane was flying very low - we were flying over a highway just high enough to miss hitting the tops of big trucks but not much higher.

Some one had to do something so seeing I was near the controls, I went over to them, I managed to land the plane safely (with just some minor bumps) and just missing lots of cars and trucks and stuff on the highway.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:34 pm
@Linkat,
Good one, linkat!

I have been experimenting with letting my mind wander just before sleep occurs. I have seen some really interesting things. Hundreds of images flash by and there is just a hint of a LSD trippy kind of vibe.

Joe(couldn't have lasted this long, right??)Nation
ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:28 pm
@Joe Nation,
Only a patch... something about organizing nuclear weapons (when I'm not being a slob, I'm very organizational..) with me waking in amazement at the subject and then the whole thing vaporizing.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 04:53 am
A little one. I was running a race and there was some guy I was trying to stay ahead of when suddenly I realized we were running on Highway 44 just North of Tulsa ON THE HIGHWAY. Many 18 wheelers and us runners. I tried to pick a spot between the line of them and get to the side and that's when I spotted my kid.

There was Ben. About four years old. All alone in the parking lot of the truck stop. (he's 36 now.) I remember being ticked off for a moment that no one was watching him. --- That was it.
====
Ben is a musician. He's been on the road and on his own since he was 17.

Joe(we've been having some really good talks lately.)Nation
ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:50 am
@Joe Nation,
A friend of mine and I both lost our cars. We found out when we got to the very large parking lot. I don't know about his car, but mine that I was searching for was not a car I've ever had in my waking life - some kind of red sedan. After some consternation and more events, I found my car where it was supposed to be, and where I had previously looked. (So it goes, even in dreams..)

That wasn't as interesting as the night before last, when I got married. All these hours later, I don't remember a thing about it, including who the groom was.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 11:56 am
I dreamed that I was shot twice and left for dead as some weird modern day SS put bags over my parents head and dragged them off. I wasn't dead so I mustered the strength to get up find my sister who was hiding and get her to safety just before the SS return to get my body. The rest of the dream was us trying to escape this large building full of SS and me trying not to bleed all over the place and have them find us. It ends with me holding a door shut and feeling very weak form the loss of blood fearing that any second they will break through. I yell to my sister to run.

I woke up sweating.

T
K
O
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 12:07 pm
@Diest TKO,
i dreamt i was smoking weed at my old house and i had a decent amount, i dreamt i smoked again with another friend, i dreamt a lot of stuff i forgot it not but it was intense, oh yeah my cousin made fun of my haircut., and 2 other things.

i guess my fears were cojming out, i havent dreamt that vividly in a long time.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 04:45 am
I dreamed I got on a train and my estranged mate got on after me. We didn't make eye contact.
I tried to let her see my neck tattoo: No Death with Dishonor.

Joe(it's not real)Nation
squinney

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 06:53 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Joe(it's not real)Nation

Are you sure about that?

I dreamed Bear and I were in a big city. All the buildings were black and gray. In the middle of the city there was a carnival going on. It was all bright red, yellow, orange, and green. The people were dressed brightly as well.

Suddenly a teeneager appears from nowhere with a huge (6 foot) meat tenderizer that was bright orange. He started hitting people on the rides as they went by. I watched this, wondering what to do to help.

Bear and I decided to run over to Spidermans laire (sp?) and calculate how long it would take for the bad guys to get there. We knew that was their destination. I peaked into the dark building and saw that the only decoration was a Spiderman welcome mat.

After figuring it would take about ten minutes we went into our first floor apartment around the corner. It was all gray and black. I poured a bowl of cereal. My daughter appeared and when Bear looked at me like "What are you doing???" my daughter said "She has to have her Wheaties first."

I realized I only had a couple of minutes left so I went to put on my super hero suit.

I woke up.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 06:59 am
I dreamed squinney lassoed me with the golden lariat and I had to tell the truth. that was scary.
OGIONIK

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 12:29 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
i dreamt i was outside a grocery store and i saw men standing around looking suspicious, bulges under their clothes..

they had a van, i was inside the store, just ignored it, and they came in and started shooting eveyrone with ak-47's
i quickly realize they parked the van in front of the doors, then they blew it up, they went back outside and shot people there, some police arrived, they gopt into a shootout but the police lost horribly, i picked up a berreta, and shot one of them in the head just in the nick of time.

i stalked around the cars and shot them when they wouldnt see it coming.

after that i went into the store and filled up a cart and took it home without paying.

lol.
OGIONIK

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 12:30 pm
@OGIONIK,
i dreamt i had a keychain radiation detecytor, and it went off, went outside, new york got nuked, i was in pennsylvania..

i quickly organzied a group of people and we went through stores colelcting items needed at wal mart and surivival stores etc..

atfer that i was giving one of my good homeigrls oral, and then she did me, i was like wow weird...

that was yesterday, today i dreamt i was on the strip and we were smoking chronic, i put the roach in my mouth and kept it there for some reason.

i havent had dreams in months. Yay!