What did you dream last night?

eoe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:31 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 05:33 pm
I was a long discussion with several people and I was explaining that I thought the voter turnout this fall was going to be spectacular. I said that the cover of TIME was going to say "WOW!".

joe(I can dream can't I?)nation
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 06:53 pm
i dreamed i was beavis and butthead in real life.

i was butthead, my brother was beavis.

lol. the good ol days in the hood causin trouble..
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 05:28 am
There was a party of some kind going on. and either one of the actors from MASH or the dead brother of one of my closest friends, it was confusing and they looked very much alike, was in an argument with a young actress who was complaining about how much the grips and the lighting crew were being paid.

He said to her "You have no idea how hard their job is so you can't make any judgement about how much they should be paid."
She said "But I am the draw for the movie."
"Funny you should say that," He replied," Because it won't be very long before alll these technical people figure out how to make movies without fussy actresses like you."
"Never," she said.
"Oh, " he replied" Have you seen the new STARWARS? It's animated. No make-up or lighting needed for Princess Lea, princess."

I thanked him for saying it so well. And then he fell asleep on my couch.

Joe(in the middle of the party)Nation
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:00 am
examining your dream i sense you have a disdain for prissy women, and you miss the good old days.

just kidding.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 02:45 am
Had a wildly vivid dream just as I was going to sleep. I saw myself walking about some kind of enclosure, there were high walls and sections of fencing. I had a feeling it was to keep some kind of animal in but I didn't see any. I "found" a way back up to a kind of porch from which you could look down into the space.

Then I fell deeply asleep and didn't dream at all.

Joe(reading a book that discusses sleep deprivation at the moment.)Nation

oh, and prions, too.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:27 am
Last night I dreamed I had a conversation with shewolf's husband. Not the guy in the pics, just some guy who I somehow knew was her husband. I forget what we talked about.

The night before, thought, I dreamt I was on a cross-country bus trip with a young man. Dunno if he was supposed to be my boyfriend or whatever or where we were going but I do recall his name: Terso (and spelled that way).

I just Googled Terso and I haven't heard of any of the top returns so helfino where that came from.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:13 am
I had a dream that I was cooking for a bunch of bosses who were visiting us in a camp I and felt like I had to prove myself but I kept making mistakes, like knocking food off the counter, over-cooking it, not having enough of one thing, missing supplies, things like that. I had to run around to various fridges and freezers and I was on a deadline and nothing was going right.

The main thing I was noticed my reaction to all my mistakes. Usually this would have made me anxious, but I just kept coming up with various food alternatives and thought, "Oh well, if I don't get the job, I'll get another." They started out sort of skeptical because they were watching me and noticed all the mistakes, but surprisingly, as soon as I had talked to myself, they became quite accepting and supportive.

Very different type of dream for me and I think I know why.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:17 am
i had a dream we had a night out with the girl i want and her friends, we went everywhere, but in the end she ditched me at her best friends house. when the sun came up to kick it with another guy in a van outside

oh ****, her cousin who raps was doin a set in the living room, and he told me to join in and i did for a few seconds, but then i quit and moved to the back of the room because i didnt htink i was good.

now thats where the message was! the loser other rapper guy who sucked worse than me got her...

i will ponder this a few days under a waterfall holding metal weights in my hands and breathing only one time per minute.

Very Happy
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
Mame wrote:
I had a dream that I was cooking for a bunch of bosses who were visiting us in a camp I and felt like I had to prove myself but I kept making mistakes, like knocking food off the counter, over-cooking it, not having enough of one thing, missing supplies, things like that. I had to run around to various fridges and freezers and I was on a deadline and nothing was going right.

The main thing I was noticed my reaction to all my mistakes. Usually this would have made me anxious, but I just kept coming up with various food alternatives and thought, "Oh well, if I don't get the job, I'll get another." They started out sort of skeptical because they were watching me and noticed all the mistakes, but surprisingly, as soon as I had talked to myself, they became quite accepting and supportive.

Very different type of dream for me and I think I know why.

when everything went wrong you kept going..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:39 am
I dreamt I was riding on a bus and my name was Terso.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:49 pm
This seems so, so sudden. Embarrassed
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
I dreamt that for some reason I was doing my cousin's laundry.
(okay, she used to be my roommate a couple of years ago. Still never did her laundry though)
I had washed her bedding. And when I was taking it out of the dryer, I noticed that her cat was in the pillowcase, like the cat had been sleeping on her bed when the sheets were taken off... I don't remember getting the sheets, I just remember taking them out of the dryer, and finding Petunia in a pillow case, that stomach dropping moment.
Then seeing that the cat was sorta okay, not dead. Just fur awry and her one eye was sorta oozy. Then I just had this guilty/dread feeling cause I was going to have to tell my cousin what I had done to her cat.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:07 pm
Haven't slept all that well of late. (I need to start a thread explaining why but I don't know where to begin.) I was drifting in and out of sleep last night when two people appeared with some kind of small, flat machine. It was about the size of a half a page of paper and about a half an inch thick. Through it's clear cover you could see several kinds of gears and on the edges of the machine were small levers that you pushed up or down. When you did all the gears did something, they all moved in some way. I was just beginning to make the levers work when I drifted into awareness, saw that it was three forty AM and I laid there for awhile trying to get the music (Won't write you a love song.) in my head to stop.

Joe(it never did)Nation
littlek

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 11:04 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe's dream makes much more sense now!

I had a cool dream last night. I'd been on a Larry Niven SciFi kick which ended after several novels had come and gone (found a bag full of his stuff at the recycling center - was going to send them to Noddy). Anyway, maybe this dream had to do with that reading.

I was traveling in interstellar space (way out there) with a small group of crew mates. There were maybe 7 of us. The ship had five portals on 'the bottom' of the ship through which suited crew could leave and enter the ship. Something happened and the portals all malfunctioned at once and the ship started losing air to the vacuum. There was a general panic, crew were running willy nilly with wild dialogs and commands. I happened to be wearing a space suit and was safe. I grabbed one crew member and dragged her to a smaller pod where there was air and I could use the ships computer. The others were dead before I could bring anymore into the pod.

The other crew member recovers and we start discussing our plan. She decides, and I agree, that we should start looking for a habitable planet. How can we tell if it's habitable from space? We can scan for CO2, H2O, land masses, etc. We discussed the importance of being properly identified (hnh?). We'll need our IDs, a star map of home, proof of citizenship (we weren't thinking about finding a civilized planet, but thinking we might be found). We were trying to figure all this out when I woke up.

The view into the universe was amazing, but from what I understand the view in space isn't nearly as filled with stars as I imagined it in my dream.

I'm such a geek.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:31 pm
Quote:
Re: Joe Nation(Post 3358567)
Joe's dream makes much more sense now!

really.
Makes me rethink.

Two dreams in the past few nights of fitful sleep: in one two sisters were having a terrible argument about something -- a man--- their father--- maybe one of their husbands--- I don't know but the dream was like a movie, the plot moved forward in a linear fashion until the man was found dead, a suicide. There was a close up of his face.

Crap. I can't remember the dream I had last night.

Joe (I will though)Nation
aidan

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
@Joe Nation,
Well, at this point I'm using my cell phone for everything...because I no longer have a watch - I lost the one I found again....and by that time I had moved so I was relying on my cell phone for communication and time - everything...

So I'm sleeping the other night in the hotel and my son (we got one of those wonderful family rooms they have in England) tells me I sat straight up in bed and said, 'The phone - the phone- oh never mind I'll take care of it tomorrow, ' and then went straight back to sleep.
So he asked me what I was dreaming.
And I remembered I was trying to use the phone for time like I was using it for communication with my friends and I thought that if I checked the time instead of the messages it would tell me what I was doing - like if I pressed okay for the option of 12:13 - it would tell me what I had been or was doing at 12:13. And for some reason this seemed really important - as important as reading a message from someone - until I remembered that I had actually lived through it and so already KNEW what I had been doing.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:13 am
I had a couple of nights of actual sleep.
The dream I remember most: there were three men, one very fat who was rich, one quiet taller man and one very skinny and short who was annoyingly telling me that I was somehow less than the fat rich man.

I meant to get a book by Fritz Pearls last night at the bookstore, but forgot.

Joe(see you in my dreams...)Nation
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:46 am
Oh boy. Last night I dreamt of making love with another man. An old friend who has kinda-sorta popped back up in my life. I ran into him in Houston's Hobby Airport back in April. Many, many years ago in Chicago we fooled around a bit but nothing really happened between us. We were buddies for awhile, just hanging out, before eventually losing touch. We hadn't seen nor spoken to one another in fifteen years.

Well, in the dream we had alot of fun. The sex was great and we talked about why we didn't get together before. I don't think I was married in the dream. There was no guilt or any thought of a husband.

I got out of bed and went into his bathroom and it was about the filthiest I'd ever seen. The whole apartment was pretty junky. Typical bachelor. I remember thinking that he needed a woman to take care of him but I was also miffed that he would invite me to his place knowing how messy it was.

Don't remember much else. When I woke up, I didn't feel guilty, like I have a tendency to do when I have dreams like this while snuggled up to my man. I know it's silly but still, when I dream about specific men from my past, sometimes I do feel a bit contrite about it. Shame on me.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 04:28 am
I had the taxi cab dream last night but I don't have time right now to tell it all.

Joe(maybe tonight)Nation