What did you dream last night?

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:55 am
(happened again last night, but not the same dream and not quite as owow.) Shocked

Also,
dreamed I was someplace where they were watching the replay of a race car accident. What made it odd was that the racecar, after it hit the wall and left the track, somehow made it's way through a set of double doors and down a corridor and into a workshop where it killed the two mechanics who were working on another car.

They were showing the replay tape over and over and then someone came up with a diagram showing how the car had carroomed through the various obstacles and a voice was giving details on when they thought the driver had lost consciousness and was no longer in any way in control of the car.

A woman was interviewed and she said one of the mechanics had loved to work down in the basement workshop because he thought it was much safer.

Joe(That showed him)Nation
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 04:30 pm
A few days ago (can't recall if I've posted about this already) that I was looking at a map of the mid-Atlantic and saw that if you went due East from Virginia, you could get to New Jersey.*

*In reality, if you go due East from Virginia, you hit the Atlantic Ocean.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 05:07 pm
I had to take the train from Milwaukee to Chicago.

When I got to Chicago I realized all outbound trains had delays of several hours, and thousands of people where lining the route.

I was afraid the people would attack and take over my train.

When I arrived at my destination, my assignment was to follow the primary water main that led down to Austin. The main consisted of a fire hose on the ground, running along side the track.

I followed it for a few blocks and saw where someone had cut the water main, attached their own garden hose to it, which led to a 50 gallon drum in an alley.

"Who," I demanded, "Is stealing our water, and what's it being used for?"

Someone sitting in a window called down to say a gypsy woman cut the line, and was using the water in her electroplating business.

In a fit of irritation, I grabbed a hatchett and cut her hose off, only to realize too late that all the water was flowing on the ground instead of into the 57 gallong drum. "Oh NO! There's no water going to Austin. What will the dialysis patients do?"

I cut down an alley and found one of our Chicago clinics nearby and found the Biomed. I told him we needed to find a replacement hose STAT.

He told me I had to walk to Mequon to find the part, and he would install it.

I woke up asking him how far the train station was from Mequon.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:54 am
Semi-erotica but in last night's episode I was in a crew who was practicing getting hit by cars.

You know how the hero, when he is chasing the villain, is always getting slammed by cars and then rolling off? We were doing that. Or at least, setting up the cameras and the lights so that the scene could be shot.

Then there was the sex.

Joe(everything was red. Her nightgown. My face. Everything)Nation
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:38 am
I had to make sushi in five different camp kitchens that were all close to each other and each one was missing an ingredient or two. I think it was a contest. I was running around between camps, freaking out when I realized I didn't have that certain ingredient so I finally just put everything in one container and ran from kitchen to kitchen to do my work. Whew. I was exhausted when I woke up and the anxiety was most unusual. I had been watching a show with Japanese people in it when I drifted off, which probably explains the sushi part.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:12 pm
You make sushi in the camp kitchens?

sign me up!

Why do I keep dreaming about the midwest?
Mr. Tea and I were moving to some unnamed town. Seemed like maybe Southern Illinois.

Really small place, old, and old fashioned, like being in the 1940's. It was gray and cold-ish.

We had some small efficiency like thing, right on the street. He parked the only car we had, a big old plymouth, in the middle of the street, in the turn lane, where it proceeded to set itself on fire.

I walked across the street to a convenience store to get an auto-trader free newspaper. the store was tiny and jumbled, with locals sitting around and wasting time. Some of them were wearing those hats with the ear flaps, a la bob and doug mackenzie.

The owner of the store was a character. The type that you find funny at first, then get annoyed with. Since I knew we were living aross the street,, I figured to stay on his good side, since it was apparant he was a man of some standing in the community. He asked me what kind of work I was looking for. I said recruiting and he said they didn't do that kind of thing there.

Some of the guys left, and I realized there was one woman sitting there in the store, obviously the guys wife.

I asked her "How long have you been married?" and she just kinda shoke her head and looked off. I said "About a thousand years, huh? Me too."

We had us a good laugh over that. Then I realized Mr. Tea would probably end up spending all his time hanging out there, so I had to find work for him too. The guy said he thought someone was looking for a cell phone installer.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 05:55 pm
In the midst of a summer of mild anxiety-dreams, I had a nice one. Last night I dreamed that I made a trip into the school I am currently working at to see someone or drop something off. It was supposed to be a quick stop. But, some teachers were working on something and asked for my help. So, I joined in. It was a play the students were doing based on a book they'd read as a class. Everything was colorful and bright, everyone was having fun. I saw some of my young friends from school and some old friends from another state. One of those older friends was BigD, a guy I used to have a HUGE crush on. Everyone else knew him as one of the guys playing music for the play. I ran to him and jumped on him. I kissed him all over his face and neck. After telling him how good it was to see him, I left that room and went to the cafeteria as someone said there was some food there for lunch. I went in and saw tables covered with plates of food. Each grade level had prepared a table food of yummy things like Indian curries, latkes, applesauce pancakes, thai noodles...... It was such a nice dream.

I saw the principal and told him the gist - that I even love that school in my dreams.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:05 pm
i dreamt all my stuff was scattered around the house and people were stealing it.

and i found a 45 beretta in my sink that had water and draino in it, i pulled it out and then i was at the store buying an effing 7-11 styrofoam cooler and duct taping around the edges of it.

what the hell?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 02:55 am
Long dream about a diving dog who was supposed to be looking for two people who were drowned. I got the feeling one of them was my son and the .....2nd ex? . Water was very murky. Dog kept finding chicken bones and other things.

Joe(so odd)Nation
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:35 am
i just realized a dream i had earlier about being in a rather lush forest with a stream at first almost raging, then trickling at the end was me losing my emotions.

and the dream i had the other day about wandering through the desert..
sorta makes sense

i hear water can be a symbol for emotions and it just hit me.

lets hope the winter snowmelt is big enough to keep that stream full
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 03:32 pm
LINK
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 04:07 pm
I was with a group of musicians in Paris in some sort of cafe that was both indoors and outdoors - a roof but no walls. I had just met them as I was walking, not in Paris but some other previous dream place, maybe a mix of Rome (the statues) and New York, very urban. I was anxious because it was getting dark and I have trouble getting around in the dark (this is true.) But one of the guys near me mentioned Hotel del Sol and I said, "that's it, that's where I stayed last time" and he said "well, it's just over there", pointing to an intersection a few blocks away where blue sky sunlight beamed through between buildings. I got up right away and walked off happily toward Hotel del Sol. Don't remember now if I said goodby because I woke up.

I've never been to Paris, which is an unlikely place for a hotel of that name.
So it goes.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:07 am
I was sorting pictures of me and my estranged son. He looked good. I looked good. There were pictures I'd never seen before -- some place at a beach or near the sea.

The dream moved on.

Joe(too soon)Nation
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 04:26 am
Was in a cavern system full of pools. Lots of other people there, too, wandering from pool to pool, splashing. Must've been some sort of tourist venture. Some water was cold, some was fed by hot springs (but without the smell). Curiously, advancing through the system took one upwards instead of downwards, as if moving upward into a mountain. The missus and I were there together. At the apogee of the cave system was a large chamber with an old wooden platform and a movie screen. Up on the platform, it started to rock and shake, and as it started to collapse, I told the missus, "This is just like one off those dreams I have." There was no distress on anybody's part, the platform just continued to rock and the ropes lashing it together gave way.

When they did, I was on state street and madison, and a horse was trotting along pulling several rows of theater seats facing forward. Followed the horse, but it was faster than me. Crossed paths with a group of friends in formal wear, but they were going somewhere else. Lose track of things after that....
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 04:39 am
i dreamt like i was on acid or something, random shapes and colors!

at least i dreamed..
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:01 am
First, a shoutout to Miz Noddy...

It's fuzzy but my father was teaching me about guns. I held two in my hand. Brand new. Shiny. I liked them alot.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 12:10 pm
Something about a cobra at work.

I didn't want to get too close.

imagine that.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
I emailed about this dream to a friend, so I'll just copy and paste:

Dear G.,
I profoundly apologize. I promise that next time, I will have a better job lined up for you. To explain:
I had a dream last night, no idea where it came from, that I hired you to exterminate spiders. The extermination tool used was a sneaker. You did not seem to show much enthusiasm for the job, I must say.
The location was also interesting. It was a big basement church (hence the spiders, I suppose), that was also serving as a big roadside fastfood cafeteria. I think I was some undercover quality control person in there.

The lunch they served was some godawful gruel. They charged $380 for it. I asked why on earth would they charge so much, and was informed by the unpleasant greasy smelly serving woman that people are stupid and will pay,because they are a church. people think their food is healing.
so i went off to test the food, you were still swatting at the spiders, they were falling in people's food but they didn't seem to mind.

so there. analyze that, doctor!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 08:44 am
Ever have a dream where you woke up pissed off? I just did. I dreamed I was at some company as a freelancer (not unusual), but there was a group of five or six of us, and the company people. We were all looking at some projects that we all had supposedly done the day before in a big room, and for some reason, I didn't recognize anything. The project we had done I couldn't remember, and the user interface that they were using to show us all was completely alien to me. They were using a stylus to do everything--even things that I KNOW a stylus can't do. But in my dream, it could.

Everyone else seemed to know exactly what was going on, but I was lost. I couldn't even use this new interface to even find my project, while everyone else seemed totally comfortable. I didn't even remember doing the goddammed project at all, but they were telling me I hadn't done it right.

Then this little suited pipsqueak in a tie was insulting me for not knowing this completely weird and f*cked up interface. He said something like, "how can we trust him if he can't even navigate to where his project is?"I felt like punching the little bastard. I woke up pissed, and I'm still pissed. I feel like smashing something.

That was my dream. What do you think that means? I think it means I hate technology and should quit this field I'm in and become a goddammed truck driver. I'm so sick of technology! What a wonderful damn way to start the day.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 09:22 am
truck drivers get to look down ladies blouses.
0 Replies