Love and vibes for Diane

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 02:54 pm
Oh damn, dys!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Couldn't she get the shot at the hospital?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:05 pm
Oh no http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/holycowsmile.gif

But http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/panic.gif
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:18 pm
dyslexia and diane,

I hope you can keep your humor during such a situation. At this point I am wondering if your town has paved roads.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:22 pm
I don't think--being an optimist--that this is bad news MEDICALLY. But I do regret the extra time that Diane has to suffer.

They DO have paved roads, but I don't know if they go anywhere interesting.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:26 pm
dyslexia wrote:
update;
Murphy's law
"if something can go wrong it will"
Dys's law
"Murphy was an optimist"
This morning as I mention a Doc called and said the procedure was being rescheduled til thur so that Lady Diane could get a Vit K shot today and a Plasa infusion tomorrow.
So, Osso and Lady Diane went to the doc's office to get the Vit K shot and then they opened the package they discovered that the shelf-life had expired and they how no other Vit K so now we are waiting at home while they search the city for someone who has current Vit K. What this does the the schedule for the remainder of the week is unknown.

Speechless except for a lot of dirty words.

Thanks for the update, kid.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:28 pm
Hee, hee, wandel, humor has either gotten me through or has gotten me into trouble.

Now, unbelievably, Dys walked in with a notice saying that our street will be closed all day on Thursday (the day of the surgery), for repaving, starting at 7:30 am.

It's nap time.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 03:36 pm
When they finish paving where will it lead?

Flamingo row? Very Happy

Hang in there Dys and Diane. I'm sure the Vit K and plasma are needed to make sure you're in best condition for Thursdays procedure, so won't fuss about that delay. Just sorry for the delayed relief for both of you.

Hugs and kisses.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:15 pm
Talk about pouring when it rains!

Sending more warm thoughts and best wishes to you both.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:20 pm
The other surgeon (there are to be 2 or possible 3 procedures) called a short while ago because none of the other docs had informed him of when he may do his part because he wants to schedule to follow up immediately when the first procedure is done. So now there is the original GP, the Internist GI, and 2 different surgeons none of which seem to communicate with each other. (or us)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:22 pm
Dys
I finally figured out what is going on with the doctors. They are not really physicians. They are members of the cast of Saturday Night Live rehearsing for a new skit.

Makes sense now.

BBB
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:25 pm
I understood the GI guy is one of the surgeons.

Phoenix, that Gastroenterology office is part of a large hospital... and we waited while they made a lot of telephone calls.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:29 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I understood the GI guy is one of the surgeons.

Phoenix, that Gastroenterology office is part of a large hospital... and we waited while they made a lot of telephone calls.

The G.I. guy is no longer one of the surgeons, someone replaced him today with a different one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 04:37 pm
Ah, man, I have to keep up....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 07:14 pm
fkin wow.

It's this kind of.... ummm......mcfuddling that helped me move from NM. That and the fact that mail took 2 weeks to get to me.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 07:35 pm
I am suddenly reminded of Groucho Marx as Dr. Hackenbush.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 08:13 pm
Just catching up. I didn't realize there were actually two threads ....

I assume that you've had the Vitamin K shot by now, Diane? And I'm assuming there is a definite time scheduled for surgery?

Hang in there, Diane. This will all be over soon. (It'd better be! Terrible!)Evil or Very Mad

Love & my best wishes to you!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 08:25 pm
I wouldn't assume ANYTHING at this point, msolga. Mad

So...
Has good Vitamin K been found, and has she had the shot?
What's the latest ETA for the plasma?
Is she still scheduled for surgery on Thursday at 1 p.m.?
Has she been through preadmittance? Talked to the anesthesiologist?
Have you both made plans to stay somewhere else the night before so you won't be caught in the road construction?
Have the surgeons confirmed that they will actually be at the hospital (and not on vacation) on that day at that time?
Have you double-checked to make sure the hospital is not scheduled for demolition between now and the scheduled surgery? ( Laughing sorta)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 09:16 pm
Wandel and Eva, you both have me laughing out loud. Please keep 'em coming until after the surgery when it will hurt to laugh.

Who's on second.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 09:19 pm
BumbleBee, stop it!!

SNL be damned, I want those docs to get their acts together in the hospital, not on TV.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 11:06 pm
Diane wrote:
Who's on second.

Let's hope it's your G.I.

Wait. Don't tell me. His name is Joe, isn't it.

(That could explain a lot.)
0 Replies