Love and vibes for Diane

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 03:43 pm
Is Diane still tolerating Dys? That would be a bad sign.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:04 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Just this last friday Lady Diane was made to realize that she had been in an especially created ICU because she was critical, she had thought she was not ever going home again and developed an attitude but was overly drugged. I was not allowed to see her for 3 1/2 dAys. (nearly killed me) she recovered to the amazement of the hospital staff. I never considered the negative prognosis.
I was not all that clear with the post above, the surgeon wanted the Lady Diane in the surgical ICU but there being only 4 beds there all full the hospital created a special ICU in a regular room and assigned a special nurse just for her. She was not aware of this and thought she was just in a regular room. It was an isolation room to prevent contamination so I was not allowed to visit (I am a leper) her O2 level was critical but on the 4th day she made remarkable recovery and on the 7th day came home. She is (of course) over doing as yesterday she told me she was going into the bedroom to lie down but instead was stripping the bed and gathering up laundry and after a few minutes she just collapsed on the unmade bed. the surgical doc told me that she should be able to get around in 6 to 8 weeks, I only need to convince her of his wisdom. Thanks for the caring of everyone for both her and meself. Bob
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:08 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Is Diane still tolerating Dys? That would be a bad sign.
yess she is, I credit the drugs.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:26 pm
My wife and I think that valium is the drug of choice when meeting with Dys.
My God, Dys, I didn't know it was so serious, serious but not THAT serious.

Dys: "she recovered to the amazement of the hospital staff.
Scary.

Please give Diane a soft but long hug from us.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:32 pm
JLNobody wrote:

Scary.

A hug that holds her arms to her side and keeps her from making beds.....
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:39 pm
LK, exactly--and soft enough not to hurt her.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:40 pm
littlek wrote:
JLNobody wrote:

Scary.

A hug that holds her arms to her side and keeps her from making beds.....
we are now sleeping in the same bed, in the same room, but she yells if I bump her in the night.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:41 pm
Gently!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:45 pm
littlek wrote:
Gently!
yeah, I hear that, but when I'm sleeping it's hard to do.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:51 pm
Had no idea things were that bad. Hoping that Diane continues to improve.

Hey, Diane! No linen collecting. Don't be a nut. Dys has that covered for the both of you.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:53 pm
We're most grateful for the report. We hope you both continue to recover and are back on youur feet soon.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:30 pm
Dys--

Thanks for the update. You're fortunate to be squiring the most charming slow-learner about post surgery west of the Mississippi.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:06 pm
Dys, I have a question for you, and I certainly hope you take no offense, but, when Diane is sleeping, heavily-sedated, does she ever call out my name?

Cause that would be nothing to worry about, dys. She would just be rambling on because of the drugs and previous A2K conversations.

Simple as that.

I NEVER TOUCHED HER, DYS!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:17 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Dys, I have a question for you, and I certainly hope you take no offense, but, when Diane is sleeping, heavily-sedated, does she ever call out my name?

Cause that would be nothing to worry about, dys. She would just be rambling on because of the drugs and previous A2K conversations.

Simple as that.

I NEVER TOUCHED HER, DYS!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!

I don't know about Diane, but Bernie calls out your name when heavily medicated. Then he cries. Should I be suspicious?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 07:23 am
I just found your last post on Diane's condition, dys. I had no idea that things were anywhere near that serious. Very frightening.
Do you think Diane could be persuaded to become a lady of leisure for the next 8 weeks or so? Long sleep-ins, catch up on all the books she's wanted to read for a while, afternoon naps with the critters ....?
And maybe you could be persuaded to take things a little easier, too, after the strain of the past few weeks?
My very best wishes to both of you.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:43 pm
It has been three weeks since I came home from the hospital.

After reading the thread, I really didn't know what to say except thank you, but I feel so much more than that. I so wish that I were a better writer to convey my deep feelings of gratitude to all of you--dear friends, many of whom I've never met in person but for whom I feel a lovely, very caring, closeness. The responses I have found to be almost overwhelming. For someone who doesn't post regularly, it is amazing that so many really do seem to care.

Now, after three weeks, I feel increasingly better, more energetic and stronger. It took almost a week for the anesthesia and morphine to wear off. My mind, what little is left, has returned.

Reading this thread from beginning to end makes me realize what Dys must have been going through. We both needed time to convalese. I was never aware of the seriousness of my condition--I have very little memory of the week I was in the hospital. Bob was the one who had to worry everyday about how I was doing, being dependent on the nurses or the doctor to keep him informed.

There is no way to tell you how good it felt to be at home with Bob. That moment was when I felt all was well with the world.

There is one odd thing that happened on the way to the hospital. As we drove in the early morning dark, it dawned on me that I might not ever see our home. It was like a kind of hallucination, looking one way was only darkness, looking another way was an image of Bob and me sitting in our chairs talking or watching TV in the softly lighted living room.

In my mind, I said, quite clearly, I want to go home--I will not go into the dark. This was as real as anything I have ever experienced. Knowing all I had to go back to, I'm sure, helped me through everything that happened while in the hospital.

Love to you all.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
Home is were the heart is.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
Welcome home, darlin'
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:14 pm
Diane! It's good to see you back posting. (As you now know, we were all very worried.)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 07:32 pm
Welcome back.
0 Replies