Love and vibes for Diane

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 10:04 am
latest update, a short time ago the hospital nurse called and stated that lady Diane has an infection/ordered antibiotics and will perhaps have to delay the tues surgery until infection is clear. Apparently no-one thought to check for infection until yesterday.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 10:14 am
Oh ****!!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 10:25 am
Such a way with the language,Phoenix. I repeat: Oh ****!
I hate to think that Lady Diane's beautiful intensely blue eyes are blue. Dys, make sure all the personnel who enter Diane's room wash their hands thoroughly--I'm thinking of the epidemic of hospital-born staph infections. Now you have to have the courage that Diane showed when you were sick.
Luchi and my hearts go out to the two of you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:03 am
Thank you Osso, for starting this thread. I have met Diane in person, she is a breath of fresh air. She is beautiful, wise and kind beyond belief. And she is also feisty. It's good karma and that feistiness that I'm counting on for her success getting this thing under control. I need to believe that this is going to turn out all right.

So, Diane, put up a fight and keep your sense of humor when at all possible. I am glad your Matt will be there to help.

And Bob, don't let this eat away at you. Keep yourself healthy for Diane's sake. And ours.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:08 am
Third Oh ****! here.

I hadn't read as far as the infection. And also glad two sons will be there.

Dys/Osso/BBB, Diane is checked IN the hospital now, yes?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:15 am
Fourth Oh **** here...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:18 am
dyslexia wrote:
Apparently no-one thought to check for infection until yesterday.

THAT doesn't sound done very professionally ...

Piling the shít ...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:23 am
Most know that my wife Vivienne just went through a major operation over a month ago (and may have to be repeated again). So, I can certainly sympathize with Diane and Bob at the moment.

Operations are always a big concern. All matter of complications can occur.

I hope all will eventually sort itself out, and the recuperation will be complete.

Big hugs........
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:28 pm
Ok so maybe I'm just confused but when the test results came in this morning it was noted that Lady Diane has an infection that must be clear for her surgery scheduled for this coming tuesday. She was given a prescription for anti-biotics that I went and picked at the local pharm. The instructions call for her to take 4 per day for ten days. I can only guess that this means the surgery will be postponed for at least another 10 days.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:40 pm
oh man, so sorry to hear.

if i were you i would call the dr directly and ask that question...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:44 pm
Oh dear.

Is she at home right now?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:46 pm
dys- Talk to the doctor, directly. If Diane's pain worsens, you need to be very proactive. The necessity of the operation takes precedence. The ideal situation is for her to be infection free, but if the need for the operation becomes more acute, it needs to be done, infection or no infection.

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:53 pm
sozobe wrote:
Oh dear.

Is she at home right now?

Yes, she's home--and resting.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:00 pm
OK, thanks.

(I've haven't been on A2K much since yesterday evening and am still putting this whole thing together.)

It definitely seems like a clarifying call to the doctor is in order... hope the news is good. (Good = whatever makes Diane healthy and pain-free as soon as possible...)
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:02 pm
Diane is home and in bed (worried about not having the house in order for when her son arrives this evening) ever try calling a doc on sat? I'm guessing we will not know anything before monday.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:15 pm
I agree with the others, dys: try to phone a doctor - a hospital is a 24h business, some (senior) physician on duty certainly should be able to explain, I think.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:28 pm
I agree. Some pushiness is in order.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:34 pm
Hang in there, Diane. Hoping all goes well.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 03:40 pm
Sending positive vibes to all of you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 06:29 pm
All the best, get better soon.
0 Replies