Why does everyone HATE the police?

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:19 am
Hmmmm
The driver speeds. The driver dies. I say it is the driver's fault so, in reality the driver killed himself.

btw definition of criminal:

"Definition of criminal (noun)
a person who is responsible for a crime"
I got that from a dictionary

Speeding is a crime. So, driver that speeds is a criminal.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 10:25 am
This is the ad on the right side of the screen "How to Survive and Thrive"

Don't speed Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 12:43 pm
Laughing
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/4116/fgeaircraftenforcedgx2.jpg
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:39 pm
Quote:
vik, if you're going to build a strawman out of two lines i wrote,

Tiny, I had questions about your whole post, not just two lines. And much of your post said you disagreed with me, while actually agreeing with things I'd already said. It seems a bit silly to me, making claims about a whole post when you don't bother reading it...but such is of course up to you.

Quote:
About half the people in prison are there in connection with illegal drugs.

The drug laws make it necessary to hire large numbers of police and corrections officers. It also requires the purchase of large amounts of autos and other equipment, as well as the construction, at huge cost, of more prisons. The money involved is huge. Thus, many people and corporations profit from the criminalization of drugs, and lobby for its retention.

Advocate :

Do you know that this happens for a fact, or are you just guessing? Could you perhaps provide a news article or something? It seems strange that such a thing could happen, but that might be a difference between the US and Australian, where police are State controlled, as well as most prisons.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 01:55 pm
Take the police away if the people don't like them. Then watch all hell break loss. Then let the people beg to have the police back.

The people need to be reminded that it is themselves who are unable to handle their the responsibility of their own freedom and that is why they both criticize and yet cannot function without the police.

People don't really know what society is really all about they would rather point a finger and pretend they understand rather then enlighten them selves.
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:33 pm
TTH: NICE pic!!!! Laughing

That's ONE way to do it! :wink:

Halfback
0 Replies

Halfback

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:40 pm
Amigo:

I have been of the opinion that a lot of the animosity towards the police is nothing more than certain folks who seem to believe that their "liberty" includes the right to behave in whatever manner they are so inclined to at any given moment, without regards to the norms, mores and basic civility (Not to mention laws) of the rest of society.

This is termed maintaining "order" in a society. The Police are tasked to "just say NO" to some of these "spoiled" souls. It makes them pout a lot. Laughing

Halfback
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:48 pm
We need the police to maintain order. We also need too police the police to maintain order. In any group of people you will find that 10% that tend to be lawless wether they are common citizens or police.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:53 pm
I suppose it is the dilemma of the necessary authority in society and it ain't going away soon.

I know I would do all kinds of stupid stuff if I knew somebody wasn't watching me.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 02:59 pm
Advocate wrote:
TTH wrote:
GOOD
About time a driver speeding died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, a speeder died, and you favor the death penalty for such a person. I wager you have sped on occasion.

Often, however, it is an innocent driver or pedestrian with lousy luck, or even the police officer.

And n that case,where the speeder killed an innocent person or the police officer, that is a death penalty offense for the speeder.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 03:04 pm
TTH, kids do stupid things. I did, and I am sure you did, also. So do you favor killing a kid who stupidly flees a cop? That is essentially what happened.

v, take a look at google.com. If you can't find something, let me know.

No one would do away with the police.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2007 06:35 pm
They do?, well hell in that case if a "kid" is stupid enough to commit a crime (it is a felony in the state I am in, read that? FELONY=alluding a police officer) then I don't care if that driver, kid or not, dies. Then that stupid kid shouldn't be driving a lethal weapon. Anyway, one less stupid driver off the road that puts my life and others in danger.

btw yes I did stupid things as a kid but, never endangered anyone's life. You asked me if I speed. Sometimes I drive fast, sometimes over 100 MPH.

This is my last post on the subject btw so have fun debating or what ever you want to call it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 08:58 am
this is one of those screwed if you do, screwed if you dont things in life.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:15 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

Damned if you do; damned if you don't situations only exist when there are a-holes acting as the judges.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 04:32 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

Damned if you do; damned if you don't situations only exist when there are a-holes acting as the judges.

http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2007/04/10/roberts-scaliax.jpg

Sounds like America to me.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mickeyadamsuseless

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 03:01 pm
British police
I have been accused of something I didn't do. I acted to stop crime, not commit it, but the police have created a file to send to the Crown Prosecution Service, my wife has been interviewed, my employers and her employers interviewed , what should have been cleared up in 4 weeks has gone on 123 days this Friday. Social services want to check if my children are at risk - 2 healthy teenage lads ! - and my solicitors have even said there is no case to answer. The stress on my wife for the elongated process has resulted in her finding a lump on her breast ( checking out tomorrow ), and I have had a bail date put back because the police need 2 more witness statements ! In all likelihood I will be let off, but what faith do I - a citizen who believes ' Do not be a victim, do not be a perpetrator, do not be a bystander ' have any faith in the British judicial system. Ah well, DC Kemp and DC Dickinson, at least a conviction is better than the truth... F*** the pigs, we have turned anti police !!!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:55 pm
Re: British police
mickeyadamsuseless wrote:
I have been accused of something I didn't do. I acted to stop crime, not commit it, but the police have created a file to send to the Crown Prosecution Service, my wife has been interviewed, my employers and her employers interviewed , what should have been cleared up in 4 weeks has gone on 123 days this Friday. Social services want to check if my children are at risk - 2 healthy teenage lads ! - and my solicitors have even said there is no case to answer. The stress on my wife for the elongated process has resulted in her finding a lump on her breast ( checking out tomorrow ), and I have had a bail date put back because the police need 2 more witness statements ! In all likelihood I will be let off, but what faith do I - a citizen who believes ' Do not be a victim, do not be a perpetrator, do not be a bystander ' have any faith in the British judicial system. Ah well, DC Kemp and DC Dickinson, at least a conviction is better than the truth... F*** the pigs, we have turned anti police !!!

Hate the game, not the player
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:06 am
If you don't mind, tell us the facts of the matter. Were you breaking up a fight, or something similar to this?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:49 pm
I'm not sure how the legal system works in the US (presumably somewhat similar to Australia). Here, the generalities of what you describe are possible.

It's a shame the amount of stress it has caused your family.
0 Replies

Frank R

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:42 pm
I was just recently reading the begginings of this posting and I had noticed that there are quite a few people who arent really too happy with their local police force. But I really wanted to ask this of a few people... when you are in trouble, or somthing bad happens to you, who is the first people you call. (911) (the number not the date although the date could work as an example of this) Anyways, my point is, that when you are in trouble, you call the police. If you get robbed, or something along the lines of the sort, you know damn well who you call so lay off them.
0 Replies