Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving 5 yr old Girl

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:34 am
if only this had happened in kentucky or west virginia no laws would have been broken and we wouldn't even be having this argument...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:35 am
I thought it's that they're reviled and therefore don't get any particular protection from other prisoners. So they're fair game for everyone. (Less risk than in targeting someone who's a member of a prison gang, for example.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:35 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
if only this had happened in kentucky or west virginia no laws would have been broken and we wouldn't even be having this argument...

You're a bad bear.

Go to your den.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:36 am
happycat wrote:
I could very well be in Germany....(or even France, Francis.)

Actually, that's not really true. Your appreciation of lynch justice would make you stand out in today's Germany, certainly outside of seedy neonazi hangouts. You could cross-check with Walter to see if I'm wrong.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:36 am
parados wrote:
I've often wondered about the motivation for the molestation of child molesters in prisons.

In my opinion (and I only can back that by my own experiences and the interviews I had with prisoners), it's -mostly- because those co-prisoners are an easy aim: some guards will look away if such happens and only act shortly before the worst happnes (they think).
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:38 am
parados wrote:
I've often wondered about the motivation for the molestation of child molesters in prisons.

Is it because they are seen by the prison population as evil for attacking children or is it because they are seen as weak, unable to prey on adults, and therefor not capable of defending themselves?

My guess is the latter, or that they finally have a chance to avenge what they experienced early in life and that they blame for putting them where they are. I obviously don't have any data. I'm not sure many of the prisoners would admit to early sexual abuse. But, it would make sense to me that those that attack a child molester may be doing so as a way to avenge what screwed up their own lives.
0 Replies

happycat

Bin Laden should be taken to a tall tall building, set on fire and dropped from the nearest window.
No trial....no lawyers....nothing.

Now I'm really outta here. I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!!
0 Replies

parados

Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
I could very well be in Germany....(or even France, Francis.)

Actually, that's not really true. Your appreciation of lynch justice would make you stand out in today's Germany, certainly outside of seedy neonazi hangouts. You could cross-check with Walter to see if I'm wrong.

No way. I am not going near, blood and guts, tear em a new one, obviously been in prison based on his last post, Walter.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:39 am
sozobe wrote:
I thought it's that they're reviled and therefore don't get any particular protection from other prisoners. So they're fair game for everyone. (Less risk than in targeting someone who's a member of a prison gang, for example.)

Plus, the murderers are serving life sentences anyway, and "accidents" and "provocations" in prison can be arranged so the killing doesn't lead to a death sentence.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:41 am
Hmm, you didn't get in there under four years, parados.

But you could out .... with just two keys, like I did (even the gurds had a couple more).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:41 am
I was talking about rape, as per parados:

Quote:

But sure, it applies to murdering them too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:43 am
sozobe wrote:

No...the guys love finding somone worse than them.

(No crim is ever a REAL crim, at least in Oz.....the murderers say it was circumstantial, and they're not career crims...the thieves say "at least I didn't kill someone"...the druggies say "I'm and ADDICT man, wotcha gonna do? It's not like I MEANT to be a crim"....the rapists say "It weren't rape, I done been framed"...the old lags say "I'm sick of all these whinging druggies"....and so it goes.)

Rockspiders are murdered, often very brutally, raped (to prove that rape is wrong??????...that seems to go with some of the thinking here), tortured, tormented.

In the old days, here at least, guards would put them in the normal prison population, and somehow drop the information about what they had done, then look away.

Any well run prison would now have them in protection, which is pretty ******* awful in and of itself. I think the guards are now more frightened of actually organising to have them tortured and killed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thomas wrote:
"accidents" and "provocations" in prison can be arranged so the killing doesn't lead to a death sentence.

Slipping on a piece of soap under the shower and thus getting badly injured is one of those accidents which mostly happen in prisons ...
0 Replies

Thomas

sozobe wrote:

Quote:

It's even easier. If you already serve a life sentence, (or ten times ten years, or any of these creative additive sentences your system provides), the cost of raping a pedophile is zero.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:47 am
dlowan wrote:

No...the guys love finding somone worse than them.

I think that can go with what I said, too.

Baseline -- guys in prison are looking to find outlets for sexual and/or violent drives. (Probably not all prisoners, but I think it's pretty well established that prison rape is common.)

Proceeding from there, who do they target?

Pedophiles are both "bad" (and therefore "deserve it") and are likely to be less dangerous to target as they are less likely to have in-prison protection.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:51 am
Thomas wrote:

It's even easier. If you already serve a life sentence, (or ten times ten years, or any of these creative additive sentences your system provides), the cost of raping a pedophile is zero.

Right. When I'm talking about cost, I'm talking about retaliation from other prisoners rather than legal penalties. As in, if prisoner A rapes prisoner B, and B happens to be a member of the prison Crips gang, A gets a forcible reminder from B's friends not to mess with a Crip. If prisoner A rapes pedophile Z, no prisoner will come to Z's defense because he's universally reviled.

Anyway, my knowledge on this whole thing is quite limited, just musing.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:52 am
Thomas wrote:
sozobe wrote:

Quote:

The bigger issue in U.S. prisons is that there are numerous gangs within the prisons that offer protection to their members. Pedos, as a general rule, get excluded from all of those gangs since raping kids doesn't give them any credibility so they have no protection.

A murderer can join in with a gang and if attacked the gang takes revenge on the aggressor. A pedo is "fair game" since there is no one to offer them any protection in the genetral population.

Most of the hard core criminals aren't worried about the penalties that the State might exact for them killing someone while in prison. They are more concerned with which other prisoner is going to try to exact revenge.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 07:52 am
happycat wrote:
Bin Laden should be taken to a tall tall building, set on fire and dropped from the nearest window.
No trial....no lawyers....nothing.

Now I'm really outta here. I'm late, I'm late for a very important date!!

is this date of age?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 10:56 am
squinney wrote:
Not murder, but maybe just a sample of what he was planning for the child. I'm sure there is someone in the prison he ends up in that has done it "plenty of times before."

Can we hope for that without being sicko's? Very Happy

I simply call that - letting nature take its course.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 11:04 am
DrewDad wrote:
IMO, what pedophiles do is worse than murder. Personally, I'd like to see the law changed so that repeat offenders get the death penalty, or life without possibility of parole.

I didn't catch your post the first time around, but it's worth responding to. Three points.

1) "What pedophiles do" is actually a very broad range of behaviors, reaching from kissing children too often to indecent exposure to fumbling wrong body parts to raping to murdering. To my knowledge, rapists and murderers are a small minority among pedophiles. (Correct, Deb?) I don't know how you found out that anything pedophiles do is worse than murder -- by definition, no murder victims are alive to tell us how bad it was. Nevertheless, for the purpuse of this discussion, I'll accept your statement in the special case of raping children.

2) But for anything below the threshold of rape, your broad claim that "what pedophiles do is worse than murder" is indefensible. And as I said, the cases below this threshold make up the lion's share of the pedophiles we're talking about.

3) You suggest that people acting out their pedophilia (which I take to mean raping children) should be punished in the same way as murderers. Logically, this means that your suggestion makes it in the interest of serial child rapists to kill their victims so they don't talk. Are you sure that's what you want?
0 Replies