Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving 5 yr old Girl

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:17 am
shewolfnm - great post, I agree with every word.

Sorry Thomas.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:19 am
Re: Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving 5 yr old Girl
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
oh c'mon Thomas.
Yeah, I'm soooo bad for slamming a child molester.

You're not just slamming a child molester. You are endorsing a specific action, and that action is murder. Am I truly the only person in this thread who has a problem when regular people (not trolls) cheerlead for murder? If so, that would be another "wow" moment for me.

No you are not alone.

I find these revenge fests disgusting, too.

And thay are often not just cheerleading for murder, but for rape and torment.

Yep...that's the way to respond to abuse.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:22 am
Well, I don't think at all that Thomas is alone.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:22 am
dlowan wrote:
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
oh c'mon Thomas.

You're not just slamming a child molester. You are endorsing a specific action, and that action is murder. Am I truly the only person in this thread who has a problem when regular people (not trolls) cheerlead for murder? If so, that would be another "wow" moment for me.

No you are not alone.

RAH RAH RAH!!! GO TEAM!
Torment that pedophile who raped little girls!!!!

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:24 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Sexual assult can destroy people. So why should the person who did it not get destroyed as well?

Because destroying a second life will not make the first life whole again. And however terrible it is to have one life destroyed, it's even more terrible to have two lives destroyed. I might change my mind if someone convinced me that capital punishment for child rapists discourages more child rapes than it kills. So far, this hypothesis is not supported by research on the effect of capital punishment on murders. (The studies on this point come out all over the place, react very sensitively to details in the underlying statistical model, and tend to yield whatever the authors want them to yield.)

shewolfnm wrote:
Why should someone who can do something so damaging to another person be allowed to run free?

If this is addressed to me, you're putting words in my mouth. I didn't say I want him to be allowed to run free. I said: "Give him a trial, lock him away for life if that's what the law tells you to do."

shewolfnm wrote:
Yet, she should walk around with this damage for the rest of her life, because the guy shouldnt be killed, punished, or even wished dead?

She will walk around with this damage for the rest of her life no matter if you kill the guy or not. As a result, the "because" in your sentence is a red herring.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:27 am
No Thomas, destroying a second life will not make the first lilfe whole again.....but it WILL guarantee that the second life won't destroy a THIRD life!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:27 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I have no problem hoping he gets really hurt. None what so ever.

A man , OR A WOMAN, who would do this to children? Doesnt deserve to live. Especially since he has said he has done it before, and would more then likely do it again given the opportunity.

Even if he had a chance of completely rehabilitating, I would still be silently cheering for his death. Why should he be able to go on living while these dozens ( if not more, maybe less ) of children have to live broken lives?
Sexual assault is NOT something anyone chooses to have happen to them and is not something that is just 'a part of life'.
Sexual assult can destroy people. So why should the person who did it not get destroyed as well? Why should someone who can do something so damaging to another person be allowed to run free? Someone who is 'broken' should not be a part of free society. And all he gets is his freedom taken away? He gets to live, with all of his food, clothing and basic needs handed to him... even basic cable.. in a small building, yet his victims face a life of what we call 'survival'. Whos getting the easier sentance here? And why?

At 5 years old, a girl can be physically damaged to the point that she could no longer have children. Yet, she should walk around with this damage for the rest of her life, because the guy shouldnt be killed, punished, or even wished dead?

not fair. Not fair at all.

And if that makes me a sicko so be it.

What fascinates me is the notion that brutalising someone else is a good response to the awfulness of people having suffered from abuse.

Yep......the more we keep hurting people, the better the world will get.

You are not a sicko, I just think you have a very primitive responses to the realities of abuse.

As do a lot of people here, I note.

And, as often with people who advocate as you do, (though to be fair it is the person you are defending who is advocating some sort of lynch mob, you may just be advocating state brutality) you raise false dichotomies.....have someone murderted by fellow inmates, hopefully with some rape and other brutalities thrown in, or set them free.

Doh.

Not the choices.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:30 am
happycat wrote:
dlowan wrote:
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
oh c'mon Thomas.

No you are not alone.

RAH RAH RAH!!! GO TEAM!
Torment that pedophile who raped little girls!!!!

Rolling Eyes

Oh well said.

Your argument is brilliantly rational, deeply compassionate, and informed by the deepest of thought and consideration.

"Rah rah go team."

yes, very persuasive.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:31 am
Definitely other brutalities thrown in first. Preferably nice and slow like he likes it.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:34 am
dlowan wrote:

Your argument is brilliantly rational, deeply compassionate, and informed by the deepest of thought and consideration.

I don't have to be rational, deeply compassionate and have deep thought and consideration for a child molester.

I'm a mother.

Screw with my kids and I'll personally rip your dick off.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:36 am
happycat wrote:
No Thomas, destroying a second life will not make the first lilfe whole again.....but it WILL guarantee that the second life won't destroy a THIRD life!

Red herring. You can achieve the same thing with a life sentence that really lasts for life. Or, if the rapist successfuly pulls the insanity defense, with lifelong internment in a closed psychiatric institution.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:37 am
I do find it kind of interesting (though I may just be extrapolating from really skewed perceptions) how often people who end up in trouble for this sort of thing seem to be "pillars of community" type folk.

You know, like the anti gay crusaders who get caught in homosexual activities.....

Makes me really believe in Freudian ego defence mechanisms, like reaction formation.

These "stings" seem to be working well...they are happening here, too. It is great to see people using the net, which has been such an awful boon for paedophiles, as a means of catching them.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:39 am
happycat wrote:
I'm a mother.

Good for you -- but this doesn't exempt you from the rule of law.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:39 am
BTW, I wasn't endorsing that he be raped in prison. It's known to happen to child molestors once the general prison population learns of their crime. Karma seems to work in that way.

I don't expect prison to be rehabilitative in any way. It is likely he'll be on the streets again, probably sooner than later.

From "To Catch a Predator" one can easily figure out that child sex is happening a lot more than the media ever tells us about. That's more revolting than anyone posting here that they'd like to see him hanged for his crime.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:40 am
happycat wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I don't have to be rational, deeply compassionate and have deep thought and consideration for a child molester.

I'm a mother.

Screw with my kids and I'll personally rip your dick off.

"I'm a mother".

That excuses this kind of revenge fantasy crap?

I work with a whole heap of mothers, whose job is interviewing abused kids, who have nonetheless not taken leave from thinking rationally and compassionately about such issues.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:41 am
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
I'm a mother.

Good for you -- but this doesn't exempt you from the rule of law.

I'm not breaking the law.
I'm only wishing.
Wishes are free and legal Thomas.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:43 am
squinney wrote:
BTW, I wasn't endorsing that he be raped in prison. It's known to happen to child molestors once the general prison population learns of their crime. Karma seems to work in that way.

I don't expect prison to be rehabilitative in any way. It is likely he'll be on the streets again, probably sooner than later.

From "To Catch a Predator" one can easily figure out that child sex is happening a lot more than the media ever tells us about. That's more revolting than anyone posting here that they'd like to see him hanged for his crime.

Once again.....false dichotomy.

Yes, certainly actual abuse is far more revolting than whipping oneself up into a nasty frenzy of righteous violation fantasies about an offender, but that does not make the whipping up frenzy any the less revolting.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:44 am
dlowan wrote:

I work with a whole heap of mothers, whose job is interviewing abused kids, who have nonetheless not taken leave from thinking rationally and compassionately about such issues.

Good for them. More power to them
No one has ever accused me of thinking rationally. lol!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:44 am
happycat wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Good for them. More power to them
No one has ever accused me of thinking rationally. lol!

Are you proud of that?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:45 am
happycat wrote:
I'm not breaking the law.
I'm only wishing.
Wishes are free and legal Thomas.

That's correct, so I fall back on dlowan's point. Being a mother is no excuse for pulling your kind of revenge phantasy crap.
0 Replies