Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving 5 yr old Girl

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:27 pm
ugh. I hope this guy gets what he deserves....after they lock him up and throw away the key.

Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving Girl
Assistant U.S. Attorney Charged With Enticement Of Minor

POSTED: 2:12 pm EDT September 17, 2007
UPDATED: 5:13 pm EDT September 17, 2007

DETROIT, Mich. -- A U.S Justice Department official has been arrested on suspicion of traveling to Detroit over the weekend to have sex with a 5-year-old girl, WDIV-TV in Detroit reported.

John David R. Atchison, 53, an assistant U.S. attorney from the northern district of Florida, was arraigned in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Monday afternoon.

Prosecutors said Atchison flew from Pensacola, Fla., to Detroit on Sunday intending to have sex with a 5-year-old girl.

He was arrested at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
He is charged with enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity.

According to authorities, Atchison made contact with a detective working undercover for the Macomb County Sheriff's Department.
The detective, acting as the child's mother, allegedly arranged a sexual encounter between Atchison and the 5-year-old girl, police said.

In a deposition, detectives said Atchison suggested the mother tell her daughter that "you found her a sweet boyfriend who will bring her presents."

The undercover detective expressed concern about physical injury to the 5-year-old girl as a result of the sexual activity. Detectives said Atchison responded, "I am always gentle and loving; not to worry, no damage ever, no rough stuff ever. I only like it soft and nice."

The undercover detective asked how Atchison can be certain of no injury.
He responded, "Just gotta go slow and very easy. I've done it plenty," according to detectives.

The Macomb County Sheriff's Department and the FBI were a part of the investigation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,457 • Replies: 189
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:32 pm
Was it Agrote?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 04:08 pm
i think this may be an exaggeration in the press.... it's now being reported that this was actually a very youthful 8 year old... more journalistic sensationalism....
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 04:10 pm
oh well then.....she was 8!!!
whew!

that makes a hell of a difference!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:45 am
Re: Prosecutor Arrested In Sex Sting Involving 5 yr old Girl
happycat wrote:
ugh. I hope this guy gets what he deserves....after they lock him up and throw away the key.

A line not in the article you had (and a fuller quote of a line that was in the article):

During continuous conversations, he expressed a desire to engage in oral, vaginal and anal sex with her fictitious daughter, records show. He assured the undercover officer that the girl would not need medical attention, saying, "I can be absolutely sure; just gotta go slow and very easy is how; I've done it plenty." [URL=http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070917/NEWS04/70917039]http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070917/NEWS04/70917039[/URL]

And here is a link for the article you quoted:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/14132485/detail.html
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:48 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Was it Agrote?

Was it a Bush appointee?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 02:51 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
i think this may be an exaggeration in the press.... it's now being reported that this was actually a very youthful 8 year old... more journalistic sensationalism....

Nah. There never was a child involved of any age. The cop got online and pretended to be a mother willing to rent out her 5 year old daughter. This guy answered and then traveled across the country to visit the child.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 03:16 am
happycat wrote:

Just to be clear: are you hoping that he get lynched in prison?
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:16 am
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:

yep.

oralloy - I know it was ficticious. Howver, he says he's done it before....and I would assume he meant with real children.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:25 am
happycat wrote:
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:

yep.

So cheerleading murderers is okay now? Wow.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:29 am
According to KOS:

The only registered John Dave R Atchison (John David Roy Atchison)registered in Florida is a Republican from Gulf Breeze (Pensacola suburb) born in 1957, which fits the other information.....

Won't stop Fox News from putting a (D) with his name, though.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:32 am
squinney wrote:
Won't stop Fox News from putting a (D) with his name, though.

Fair and balanced as always ....
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:32 am
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:
Thomas wrote:
happycat wrote:

yep.

So cheerleading murderers is okay now? Wow.

oh c'mon Thomas.
Yeah, I'm soooo bad for slamming a child molester.

Well, you can champion his rights.
But you'll probably be lonely.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:41 am
happycat wrote:
oh c'mon Thomas.
Yeah, I'm soooo bad for slamming a child molester.

You're not just slamming a child molester. You are endorsing a specific action, and that action is murder. Am I truly the only person in this thread who has a problem when regular people (not trolls) cheerlead for murder? If so, that would be another "wow" moment for me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:52 am
Not murder, but maybe just a sample of what he was planning for the child. I'm sure there is someone in the prison he ends up in that has done it "plenty of times before."

Can we hope for that without being sicko's? Very Happy
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:57 am
Thomas, I think the only time you need worry about it is if I said that I, personally, was going to get a gun and go out and shoot someone.

I've never said that because I wouldn't do that. But if a child molester gets his dues while in prison, I'm not going to shed one tear.

Just like a case I mentioned on the McCann thread; Richard Spicknall shot and killed his toddlers while they were strapped in their car seats in his vehicle. When he was murdered in prison last year, I didn't give a damn....except that my taxes are no longer going towards keeping his sorry ass alive.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 05:58 am
squinney wrote:

No. Give him a trial, lock him away for life if that's what the law tells you to do, and let that be it. Beyond that, it is sick to conversationally cheerlead the rape of a prisoner (as you appear to do) and him being lynch murdered (as happycat explicitly did). It may still reveal you as less sick than the guy himself. But that's not saying much, and is too low a standard to hold you against.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:06 am
Thomas wrote:
squinney wrote:

No. Give him a trial, lock him away for life if that's what the law tells you to do, and let that be it. Beyond that, it is sick to conversationally cheerlead the rape of a prisoner (as you appear to do) and him being lynch murdered (as happycat explicitly did). It may still reveal you as less sick than the guy himself. But that's not saying much, and is too low a standard to hold you against.

But it is rarely guaranteed that someone like him will actually be "locked away for life," so sometimes it's good to know they won't walk out alive....ever.

If this makes you think I'm not a "regular person," then that's just the way it is. I'm a mother. Child molesters deserve nothing and will get no sympathy from me.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:06 am
I have no problem hoping he gets really hurt. None what so ever.

A man , OR A WOMAN, who would do this to children? Doesnt deserve to live. Especially since he has said he has done it before, and would more then likely do it again given the opportunity.

Even if he had a chance of completely rehabilitating, I would still be silently cheering for his death. Why should he be able to go on living while these dozens ( if not more, maybe less ) of children have to live broken lives?
Sexual assault is NOT something anyone chooses to have happen to them and is not something that is just 'a part of life'.
Sexual assult can destroy people. So why should the person who did it not get destroyed as well? Why should someone who can do something so damaging to another person be allowed to run free? Someone who is 'broken' should not be a part of free society. And all he gets is his freedom taken away? He gets to live, with all of his food, clothing and basic needs handed to him... even basic cable.. in a small building, yet his victims face a life of what we call 'survival'. Whos getting the easier sentance here? And why?

At 5 years old, a girl can be physically damaged to the point that she could no longer have children. Yet, she should walk around with this damage for the rest of her life, because the guy shouldnt be killed, punished, or even wished dead?

not fair. Not fair at all.

And if that makes me a sicko so be it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2007 06:07 am
happycat wrote:
Thomas, I think the only time you need worry about it is if I said that I, personally, was going to get a gun and go out and shoot someone.

Well, I'll be the judge of what I worry about. And as it happens, I do get worried when public opinion brutalizes to the point of endorsing rape and murder -- and to the point where nobody speaks out against the endorsers any more.
0 Replies