Cops Suspect Parents In Missing British Girl Case

eyelet

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:34 am
Miller wrote:
Checkout the abnormality observed in the iris of the child's eye:

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

I have noticed that as well...that is a beautiful child!

Francis wrote:
Well, I've been reading local papers online and it seems that there's more than what said in here.

Madeleine's mother "would" have given her a sedative before leaving to the restaurant and that the dose "could" have been too strong..

Along with many other contradictions in Kate McCann explanations, this makes the police suspect her for "negligent homicide" and "hiding the body"...

I had thought about that. She might not have meant to and then decided to hide the body. Whether guilty of that or not - they have to be in a world of pain. I can't imagine living either way. Pure misery.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:42 am
Accidental makes more sense than purposeful, to me, but still doesn't seem quite right. Who knows.

I don't actually hold the mediaphilia against them because I can see it fitting with parents whose child disappeared and who will do anything to find her.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 10:07 am
If it were accidental along the lines of an overdose, it seems unlikely that they would have noticed she was dead until the morning -- thinking her sleeping instead. And more likely that, had they noticed before that, they would have rushed her to a hospital in the hopes of reviving her.

A sedative does make it easier for an abductor, though. I don't know. I guess I just think it's unlikely that they could have pulled that off without yet getting caught, accidental or otherwise. And I feel a lot of sympathy for them and the guilt and desperation they must feel.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:11 pm
Francis wrote:
Well, I've been reading local papers online and it seems that there's more than what said in here.

Madeleine's mother "would" have given her a sedative before leaving to the restaurant and that the dose "could" have been too strong..

Along with many other contradictions in Kate McCann explanations, this makes the police suspect her for "negligent homicide" and "hiding the body"...

ahhhh...I see.

re abnormality in iris....I would think that's brought to the publics attention so that if we saw the child that would be a feature we would remember.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:14 pm
What kind of mother gives her kid a sedative - in a strange country - so that she can go out to dinner???

Yes, I used to enjoy the peace and quiet that would happen when my kids would take Benedryl for allergies, but I never intentionally gave it to them so they'd sleep and I could go out!!!!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:19 pm
Quote:
Local lawyer Oliveira Trindade said: "Legally, if the prosecutor has enough evidence they have to charge the arguidos within the next 10 days.

"If they don't have enough evidence the investigation will continue."

It is said that theyll have to appear at the examining magistrate on Monday.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:47 pm
happycat wrote:
What kind of mother gives her kid a sedative - in a strange country - so that she can go out to dinner???

Yes, I used to enjoy the peace and quiet that would happen when my kids would take Benedryl for allergies, but I never intentionally gave it to them so they'd sleep and I could go out!!!!!!

Hey. The McCanns have stated that they would NEVER sedate any of their children, for any reason, and never have.

There is no evidence for a sedative being administered. It is a media story.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:48 pm
McTag wrote:
happycat wrote:

Hey. The McCanns have stated that they would NEVER sedate any of their children, for any reason, and never have.

There is no evidence for a sedative being administered. It is a media story.

oh, good. I misunderstood.

nevermind.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:59 pm
Back to this thread, and I finally looked at the iris photo. Interesting.. I've no clue what to make of it (have not seen anything like that). I see it would make her a bit easier to identify.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:12 pm
Where's an opthalmologist when you need one huh?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:12 pm
dlowan wrote:
Miller wrote:
Checkout the abnormality observed in the iris of the child's eye:

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

What are you thinking this so called abnormality means, Miller?

If this abnormality isn't pigmentation, it looks like an iridectomy was performed on the child's iris.

"An iridectomy, also known as a surgical iridectomy or corectomy, is the surgical removal of part of the iris. These procedures are most frequently performed in the treatment of closed-angle glaucoma and iris melanoma".( see wikipedia for more info)
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:17 pm
Please note that blood was found in the car, about 25 days after the child was reported missing. This tells you nothing about the date of death.

She may have been reported missing before she was killed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:19 pm
I thought the car wasn't rented until then. Will have to go reread about that, perhaps I misread.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:28 pm
The Portuguese are just trying to safeguard their tourism revenue. Hence their desperation to blame the parents.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:32 pm
Well, each side seems o show their patiotism - or some have btter knowledge than is in the news and media.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:36 pm
Why do they suspect the mother, and not the father?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:37 pm
I really dont think two devout catholic professional people murdered their child on holiday but I do think the Portuguese are desperate to maintain Pria de Luz as a "safe" family holiday destination.

But then I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:41 pm
Miller wrote:

As far as I know and as far as it is reported, both are suspects.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:42 pm
I agree with your thoughts though, Steve. It's ludicrous to assume
that these two people murdered their own child while on vacation.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:44 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Miller wrote:

As far as I know and as far as it is reported, both are suspects.

Quote:
Kate e Gerry McCann são formalmente suspeitos da morte e da ocultação do cadáver de Madeleine.
0 Replies