Cops Suspect Parents In Missing British Girl Case

wandeljw

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:47 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
quite ironic imo that the title of this thread is quite right as applied to a completely different british family

Isn't it obvious that the allegations are an attempt to protect the West Yorkshire tourism industry?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 10:57 am
wandel's got a bit of the devil in him sometimes Laughing
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2008 12:38 pm
wandeljw wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
quite ironic imo that the title of this thread is quite right as applied to a completely different british family

Isn't it obvious that the allegations are an attempt to protect the West Yorkshire tourism industry?
could be...if there was one. Smile
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 10:15 am
Quote:
Portugal Prosecutors Get Final Madeleine Report, May Close Case
(By Jim Silver, Bloomberg, July 1, 2008)

Portuguese prosecutors received the final police report on Madeleine McCann, a British girl who disappeared from a resort just before her fourth birthday, and will review it before deciding whether to close the case.

Prosecutors will assess the dozens of volumes in the report to determine whether additional investigation is needed, the Attorney General's Office in Lisbon said in an e-mailed statement today. There won't be any announcement before mid-August, the agency said.

Madeleine vanished from her family's vacation apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal's Algarve region on May 3, 2007. Her parents, doctors Gerry and Kate McCann, began an international campaign to find their daughter. They hired a campaign manager, posted videos on YouTube and distributed ``Find Madeleine'' wristbands globally.

The McCanns were named by police as suspects in September. They have denied any involvement in the disappearance of their daughter, who went missing while they dined with friends in a resort restaurant near the apartment.

Police want to close the case after agreeing with prosecutors that there isn't enough evidence to charge anyone, Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manha reported today, without saying where it obtained the information.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:15 am
I dont believe this terrible case will ever end for the McCanns. But for the rest of us...life goes on. We work rest and go on holiday with the family. To nice places like Praia de Luz. Where there isnt a child predator on the loose...well there was some case a while back but no one was caught...because the parents were suspected and fled back to England. Probably got away with murder.

Now deny thats how a lot of people will remember this case. And isnt that what was intended by naming them as suspects but doing nothing more?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:00 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
I dont believe this terrible case will ever end for the McCanns. But for the rest of us...life goes on. We work rest and go on holiday with the family. To nice places like Praia de Luz. Where there isnt a child predator on the loose...well there was some case a while back but no one was caught...because the parents were suspected and fled back to England. Probably got away with murder.

Now deny thats how a lot of people will remember this case. And isnt that what was intended by naming them as suspects but doing nothing more?

I figure that the police know that one or both parents did it but can't prove it in court, and that by giving the statements that they have law enforcement is penalizing the parents as best they can. As I have said before normally in a case like this it is the parents who who killed the kid, if the police think that this was what happened here that is good enough for me. The parents are free to walk the streets because the case could not be made, and we are free to think that they probably did do it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 05:09 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:

I figure that the police know that one or both parents did it but can't prove it in court, and that by giving the statements that they have law enforcement is penalizing the parents as best they can. As I have said before normally in a case like this it is the parents who who killed the kid, if the police think that this was what happened here that is good enough for me. The parents are free to walk the streets because the case could not be made, and we are free to think that they probably did do it.
I rest my case.

....now listen. The McCanns are totally totally innocent. Not only have they lost their beautiful daughter to a child snatcher still on the loose in the Algarve, but to protect the tourist trade they have been outrageously branded as "official suspects".
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:29 pm
Steve 41oo wrote:
I rest my case.

....now listen. The McCanns are totally totally innocent. Not only have they lost their beautiful daughter to a child snatcher still on the loose in the Algarve, but to protect the tourist trade they have been outrageously branded as "official suspects".

Your argument assumes that law enforcement is corrupt....are you sure that you want to go there? Do you have any evidence?

seems to me that the fact that there were in a tourist area changes nothing...normally you would expect that it was likely that the parents did it, and nothing about being in a tourist area obviously alters the suspicion that it would be the parents.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 06:30 pm
Oh, lord, do we have to do this whole thread again?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 06:01 am
ossobuco wrote:
Oh, lord, do we have to do this whole thread again?
No. Perhaps its time to forget Madeleine McCann. They can always have a replacement kid.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
hawkeye10 wrote:

Steve 41oo wrote:
The McCanns are totally totally innocent. Not only have they lost their beautiful daughter to a child snatcher still on the loose in the Algarve, but to protect the tourist trade they have been outrageously branded as "official suspects".

Well, that's two possible truths. Interesting to see people assert their version of things with such certainty, when neither of you really have any substantial evidence that you are right.

Truth is, it is not proven that the parents did it, which is why they are going free, and it is also not proven that they did not do it. Truth is that most likely, we wont ever find out what really happened.

The ironclad certainty with which you claim to know what happened is, in that light, interesting psychologically. But it doesnt really mean anything beyond that.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 11:02 am
nimh wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

Steve 41oo wrote:
The McCanns are totally totally innocent. Not only have they lost their beautiful daughter to a child snatcher still on the loose in the Algarve, but to protect the tourist trade they have been outrageously branded as "official suspects".

Well, that's two possible truths. Interesting to see people assert their version of things with such certainty, when neither of you really have any substantial evidence that you are right.

Truth is, it is not proven that the parents did it, which is why they are going free, and it is also not proven that they did not do it. Truth is that most likely, we wont ever find out what really happened.

The ironclad certainty with which you claim to know what happened is, in that light, interesting psychologically. But it doesnt really mean anything beyond that.

You might want to pull out a dictionary and learn what words mean. My words can not be made into the claim that I am certain of what happened.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 11:59 am
nimh wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

Steve 41oo wrote:

I'm disappointed in you nimh. I thought you were more intelligent.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
This is funny. Both steve and hawkeye don't like what nimh said. Maybe nimh has a point.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
hadnt read hawkeye's response...you got it from both directions Smile

but only mine, of course, has any validity.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:15 pm
wandeljw wrote:
This is funny. Both steve and hawkeye don't like what nimh said. Maybe nimh has a point.

on so for as steve goes, who made the claim that the parents are innocent. I never said that they were guilty. I said that normally in this kind of case the parents did it, they act guilty, to police act like they think that the parents are guilty, there for I say that the parents are probably guilty and it is just to treat them as if they are likely guilty.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:20 pm
yawn
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 09:04 pm
wandeljw wrote:

Razz
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
Well as a matter of fact, the McCanns are innocent. Until proved guilty. Thats how it works in civilised countries, but perhaps not in Portugal or the United States. They are a long way off being proved guilty. They havent been charged with any offence and the police are terminating their investigations. The McCanns do not have to prove their innocence. You cant prove a negative. Its not possible to prove one did not do something. There is sound logic to this. Thats how it works in civilised countries but perhaps not in the minds of some posters on this thread.

Posters who persist like Moleye10 with the pathetic assertion that (paraphrasing) they probably did something wrong but we dont know what, thats because the police cant find the evidence to convict because they probably hid it....or similiar...are diverting focus from the main effort in all this which is to find Madeleine[/i].

There are surely some evil cynical and foolish people associated with this crime. The person or persons who took madeleine are evil. The newspaper hacks and their editors who (in the absence of fact) presented rumour and innuendo as news...because it sells papers, are cynical (actually worse than that but I cant think of the word). And people who happily lap it all up and muse to themselves about no smoke without fire etc are idiots.

Those who continue, against all logic reason and common decency to point a finger of guilt in the general direction of the McCanns (but of course not spelling out what they mean) now have a vested interest in this case, to save face. It would be most embarrassing for them if Madeleine was re united with her parents and her abductor jailed. People in that camp are helping the cause of whoever it was who took the child, and I'm not one of those people.

Everything the McCanns have said and done from the moment the child went missing was with one aim in mind...to find her. Those who do not want her found or hinder the search or vaguely suggest the McCann's have been involved in her disappearance should be ashamed of themselves.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:18 pm
I honestly wish the parents well. They have two other children who need them. I am assuming the parents have learned from their mistakes.
0 Replies