Cops Suspect Parents In Missing British Girl Case

happycat

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:32 am
osso - the dead don't bleed, but there can be blood transference. Hey, I watch CSI :wink: there's all kinds of blood evidence.
0 Replies

McTag

I will say this. I thought, at the initial press conference, that the father's behaviour was odd. Yes, he was under stress in a desperate situation, but something about his behaviour did not ring true to me.

But, I can't make a criminal case out of that. Maybe the truth will out.
0 Replies

Miller

http://www.findmadeleine.com/
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:34 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103106&highlight=
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:34 am
McTag wrote:
I will say this. I thought, at the initial press conference, that the father's behaviour was odd. Yes, he was under stress in a desperate situation, but something about his behaviour did not ring true to me.

But, I can't make a criminal case out of that. Maybe the truth will out.

Maybe by this latest action, the police are trying to turn the parents against each other, to get more information.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:36 am
Chai wrote:
Why exactly are they suspects?

What evidence to they have?

I've heard before they were suspects, but I've never heard it explained why.

Anyone?

Forensic evidence found in their hotel room and blood found in a cab, they used 25 days after the disappearce of the child.

How did they know it was the child's blood?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:37 am
Yea, but CSI is wrong in a lot of ways, according to chief LA pathologist in some big article in the LA Times a bit ago. Not that I've ever watched it, I can't stand the dialog/tone. Cheese city.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:38 am
happycat wrote:
osso - If they found her DNA in a car the parents rented 20some days after they reported her missing, it means she (or her body) was still around.
The list of screw-ups by the Portugese police is astounding. So many things they didn't do right in order to preserve evidence, plus they didn't even take her disappeared seriously for 15 hours!

The substance was identified as blood. No mention was made of a DNA analysis, as far as I know.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:40 am
ossobuco wrote:
What I read was they found blood. (Who knows the legitimacy of what I read.). You don't bleed while dead.

Clearly I don't know anything. I'm interested as if it was a book, but it's not a book.

I'll belatedly post that I agree with your early post of not-surprise, Happycat - along the lines of the near glamorous search, and those who cry loudest, I'm not completely surprised. But I don't know they did it, either.

On the other hand, complications may vary.

You can bleed while dying...
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:40 am
ossobuco wrote:
Yea, but CSI is wrong in a lot of ways, according to chief LA pathologist in some big article in the LA Times a bit ago. Not that I've ever watched it, I can't stand the dialog/tone. Cheese city.

Only CSI-Miami is cheese city. :wink:

Miller - they could easily get Madeline's DNA from hair samples or a toothbrush. Or I suppose get a DNA match from parents and siblings.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:41 am
Natch, I had those same questions, Miller.

Well, we'll see.

(Er, blood transference after weeks?)

Really, I don't want to follow this, no matter how enthusiasatically I post while tired. I'd like the result mailed to me.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:45 am
happycat wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Only CSI-Miami is cheese city. :wink:

Miller - they could easily get Madeline's DNA from hair samples or a toothbrush. Or I suppose get a DNA match from parents and siblings.

I'm not talking about a SOURCE of her DNA, I'm talking about analysis of her DNA in the blood spots found, and conformation, at the analytical level that the DNA did not come from her father, mother or siblings.

Does Portugal have the technology to do this type of analysis?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:48 am
Checkout the abnormality observed in the iris of the child's eye:

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:49 am
Obviously they could get her blood while dying, but, then she died twenty five days later?

Not arguing that that could not have happened, indeed, that is where I'm sort of off to, some kind of abduction, oh, by weird neighbor, and then killing, weeks later, but

hey, where is Joe Nation when we need him? He could work out the script..

though this isn't his usual material.

Nothing makes sense at this time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 01:54 am
Following along with Miller, nodding, except I don't want to look at some eye iris. I'm late to beddy bye. Night, all.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:01 am
Well, I've been reading local papers online and it seems that there's more than what said in here.

Madeleine's mother "would" have given her a sedative before leaving to the restaurant and that the dose "could" have been too strong..

Along with many other contradictions in Kate McCann explanations, this makes the police suspect her for "negligent homicide" and "hiding the body"...
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 02:30 am
This "move" by the Portuguese police is much more likely to be a backlash to them being a focus for media criticism than anything else. IMO its simplistic aim is to try to get the circus "out of their hair" by trying to get the parents to "clear off".
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 05:51 am
fresco wrote:
This "move" by the Portuguese police is much more likely to be a backlash to them being a focus for media criticism than anything else. IMO its simplistic aim is to try to get the circus "out of their hair" by trying to get the parents to "clear off".

You obviously read different papers to those Francis quoted from.

Nevertheles, the parents plan to retun to Britain as soon as possible, on Monday, relatives say. And they hope, it doesn't look as if they are running away, because that were nonsense.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:00 am
Miller wrote:
Checkout the abnormality observed in the iris of the child's eye:

What are you thinking this so called abnormality means, Miller?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 06:27 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Nevertheles, the parents plan to retun to Britain as soon as possible, on Monday, relatives say. And they hope, it doesn't look as if they are running away, because that were nonsense.

On the other hand, a friend told BB$ radio today, they had siad to him this morning that wanted o course to stay in Portugal ...

ARGUIDO/ARGUIDA STATUS
• Officially a suspect
• Bestowed by police or requested by individual
• Right to remain silent
• Right to a lawyer
• Must report to police every five days

(art.º 57º, art.º 58.º, art.º 243.º Código de Processo Penal)
0 Replies