Mapping the pitfalls of dieting

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 11:26 am
The few times I have been to Italy I have eaten like a pig, um, un porco, and have lost 8 to 12 pounds, because I also walk and walk and walk and walk some more.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 09:21 pm
You have to keep it up, though, ossobuco :-) for my first few weeks in new york, I was so excited by my walking-related weight loss. . . but my metabolism eventually caught up with me, and now, a few years later, it has no effect on me. . .

. . . until I go home and eat my normal meals and DON'T walk, when the weight begins to creep back on. . .
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
Food for Thought--Low Calorie Food for Thought

"The expansion of adipocytes--fat cells--which can increase in volume 1000-fold as they tuck away energy stores, causes obesity.... Fat tissue consists of a bout one-third adipocytes; the rest is blood vessels, nerve and connective tissue, and preadipocytes (fat-cell precursors)."

From the December, 2003, Discover magazine.

Zap just one fat cell and get rid of two bits of the fat support system. This is cheerful.

The notion of thousands of preadipocytes (fat-cell precursors) lurking in my flab is less inspiring.

In 2003, I lost 30 pounds. I have 30 pounds to go. Join me?
0 Replies