married and started affair with an old flame....

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:43 pm
Hi. I am new here. So this is my first post.
I have ben married for 5 years. My best friend, who happens to be a guy & is also married, and i have always had a thing for each other. Its been that way for 15 years. And its not going away! In fact I think its gotten worse. Well we "snuck out" for an evening at the bar together a couple weeks ago. Talked about our problem and decided to just go with it and whatever happens happens. We're both ok with it. Anyways, the trouble we're having is finding enough time together and places to go. We both have small kids so schedules are tough. Any suggestions???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 16,214 • Replies: 248
No top replies

contrex

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 12:49 pm
Stop it NOW, or start saving for a divorce. You both sound like selfish cruel mean people. What about your partners? Waht about your KIDS? If you want to be married, stay faithful. If you don't want to be married, at least have enough respect for your partners to tell them the truth.

No good will come of this.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:34 pm
Outaideas--

I might be very wrong here, but I suspect you posted here not so much for suggestions for Illicit Nookie Accommodations but to brag about your Mad Passionate Affair.

After all, you can't tell your husband and your girl friends might be disapproving and act on their disapproval. Cheating women make other women nervous.

Quote:
Talked about our problem and decided to just go with it and whatever happens happens. We're both ok with it.

You're both ok with it and to hell with everyone else?
0 Replies

outaideas

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:41 pm
well your wrong. obviously i cant get advice form friends or family cuz then the cat would be out of the bag. and obviously there are many, many people in the world who are in similar situations. but thanks for your reply.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:53 pm
outaideas wrote:
there are many, many people in the world who are in similar situations

Wow. Real sophisticated moral reasoning there, I don't think. There are many many people in the world who steal and lie and cheat and hurt people but it doesn't make it OK to do those things.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 01:57 pm
Wow! How can you talk like it's no big deal? I'm not proud to say that I've been the mistress long ago, but I always felt at least guilty for what I was doing and I was single/no kids. He was the one cheating, but he could have cared less, just like you.

I'll never do that again because I knew, even then, how wrong it was and I was single.

I'm surprised that you're surprised at the responses you've gotten so far! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:12 pm
outaideas wrote:
well your wrong. obviously i cant get advice form friends or family cuz then the cat would be out of the bag.

I think you need to pay closer attention to what life may bring after the cat is freed. I don't have any issues with crying in each other's beer at a bar. In fact, I'm not sure why you had to sneak out to do so. "Whatever happens" happening, however, is another situation altogether.

You've been friends and enjoyed each other's company for 15 years. Why screw with a successful friendship?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:16 pm
JPB wrote:
You've been friends and enjoyed each other's company for 15 years. Why screw with a successful friendship?

JPB makes an interesting point. I'll take it one step further. Why aren't the two of you married?
0 Replies

outaideas

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:19 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
JPB wrote:

JPB makes an interesting point. I'll take it one step further. Why aren't the two of you married?

good question. its complicated. i made some poor choices and settled into my marriage. so he did the same. now we are both stuck where we arent sure we want to be.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:23 pm
So, exactly what are you looking to discover?
0 Replies

outaideas

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:31 pm
discover?? not really sure. we have a agreement you could say. and that is that if either/both of our marriages go sour we have each other. i know it sounds crazy! but i do appreciate you asking me legit questions rather than spewing venom.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:40 pm
outaideas- You two are making sure that your marriages won't succeed. Why don't you cut out the nonsense, just divorce your spouses, and marry each other? I think that you are both being totally unfair to your spouses.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 02:47 pm
outaideas wrote:
discover?? not really sure. we have a agreement you could say. and that is that if either/both of our marriages go sour we have each other. i know it sounds crazy! but i do appreciate you asking me legit questions rather than spewing venom.

Quote:
"Spewing venom"

What do you think your spouses & children would be spewing if they knew how committed the two of you are to your marriages & families? :wink:
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:01 pm
outaideas wrote:

No need for venom. As baddog1 says, there'll be plenty of that from both home fronts should either spouse hear the cat meowing. Do you honestly think that a relationship with this guy would be what you are looking for? You're both in stagnant relationships. You both have small children. You both see only one side of the other's personality because you aren't living with the other side. This is a pretty complicated situation. My advice is to walk very slowly before you both end up as divorced, single parents.

If you're truly unhappy then do something about it. I hear you looking for an easy way out, but there is no such thing. You're an adult. You have small children. Be an adult and a parent. I think your 'whatever happens happens' attitude will come back to bite you in the butt.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 03:51 pm
Yup!
0 Replies

EmilyGreen

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 05:32 pm
outaideas - this is no small thing. I truely feel sorry for your husband and children. Sorry I can't offer "suggestions", jeeze!
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:19 pm
I think outaideas is outahere! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:35 pm
outaideas wrote:
if either/both of our marriages go sour

ok - so has either of the marriages gone sour?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 12:56 pm
I've got a deer blind you can rent (just not in season).
0 Replies

Mynameiswhat

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 09:16 pm
So it seems as though Outaideas probably has come to the realization that "Love" is putting another person before themselves... a totally irrational notion that goes against human nature by now... and regardless of her situation, I would like to pose a question.

To those that cheat, why do/did you cheat? What is it about cheating that appeals to you. To be honest, I've been dating my girlfriend for a few years now and this summer she went back to her home country to be with her family. I dont' go out that much because it costs far too much money, time, and effort, but on the two occasions I did go to a social event I was presented with the opportunity to cheat on the woman that I love with someone I had met that night. Please, if you are imagining the circumstances, it was classy. The woman made it clear she had an interest and asked me if I would be willing to drive her home. At the time, I understood what was going on and could only think of one thing. I could imagine the hurt face of my long time girlfriend and I felt so much guilt that I realized, much to my relief, I cared about her deeply enough to never BE ABLE to cheat on her. I didn't feel guilty about putting myself in the situation, because it was a benign circumstance.

Proabably due to the influence of pop-culture and the media, I have come to think this is reaction is probably very strange, but it leads me to wonder why anyone cheats. I can understand lapse in judgment, especially in conjunction with alcohol, but concious disregard for a partner just seems so narcacistic. Can anyone shed some light, barring responses like "cuZ Ch3tin iz teh Funz," on cheating as a whole? I'm sure there are hundreds of reasons people cheat, but is there an undermining element to the psyche, the sub-conscious, or personality that makes people prone to cheating?
0 Replies