Older Women & Younger Men; are they finally socially OK?

dyslexia

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:01 pm
I had an affair with a lady 20 yrs over my age, a TORRID affair....
0 Replies

GreenEyes

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:02 pm
cavfancier wrote:
I think it comes down to maturity level more than age, provided both parties are legally adults, and able to properly make their own decisions. The folks at NAMBLA ought to be strung up by their balls as far as I am concerned, but that is a whole other issue. However, I still cannot explain Demi Moore and Ashton Kutchner....that has to be falling into the recreational thing, yet I hear she dragged him to a graduation party for her daughter with Bruce Willis (correct me if I have the details wrong), with Bruce in attendence as well....If I were Bruce, this would be a little weird for me....

Cav, Demi and I are the same age and I am a single Mom... my son is 20 and a sophomore in college. We saw that Demi/Ashton thing at the store and he told me flat out... Mom you are beautiful, but please don't date my friends... that would be just too gross and weird! Guess what I am saying is I would never date anyone that close to my own child's age.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:05 pm
Man, talk about treading in some muddy water...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:10 pm
dyslexia wrote:

LOL Dyslexia ;-)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:25 pm
Montana wrote:
...When I was 15 I had a boyfriend who was 28. When I was younger I liked older men, but when I reached 30 I became attracted to younger men.

My older sister (now 66) has been married three times.

When she married the first time in 1955 she was 19 and he was about 15 years older (ie. 34-35). That marriage lasted about 10 years and produced 2 children.

Her second marriage, in 1966 (at age 30) was to a man her own age.
They had two children and the marriage lasted about 15 years.

When she married her third husband She was 46 and he was 26.
In that marriage she had a son (now almost 20) 2 months before her 47th birthday. They are still married after 21 years and seem happy together.

I should add that my family in general and my sis in particular tend to look younger than their years.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:26 pm
Montana, I'm sure I'll take some of the "heat" off you with my story.

In my junior year of high school I met and had a relationship with a 32 year old man. It was one of the best relationships of my life. We met while volunteering at a veterinarian's ranch to rescue seabirds caught in the huge SF Bay oil spill in the '70's. He'd been to my house several times, met my folks, had meals with us. I spent nights at his house and fell in love with him and his little boy.

In just a couple very short years he taught me about classic music and jazz, inspired my interest in photography and the environment and helped me get cleaned up from the recreational drugs I was using at the time. I also learned from him about love, safe sex, epilepsy, grand and petite mal seizures, brain tumors and sadly, death.

He played an important role in my young life when I needed it and often find myself thinking of him and wishing he was still alive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:27 pm
uh, what is so LOL? that it was torrid? Sorry, not to challenge another agechucker. Don't we all know that differences are piquant? Well, of course they make trouble from day to day, over the centuries.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:58 pm
jjorge and butrflynet
Thanks so much for your stories. You made me feel so much better. I just started my own thread about this since I'm curious to know how people feel.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:58 pm
Going by fast here, that last post of mine was to Montana, not a biggie, but to clarify.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 09:59 pm
Bitrflynet
I'm sorry for your loss.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 10:01 pm
ossobuco wrote:
uh, what is so LOL? that it was torrid? Sorry, not to challenge another agechucker. Don't we all know that differences are piquant? Well, of course they make trouble from day to day, over the centuries.

Forgive me ossobuco, but you lost me. Can you rephrase?
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:13 pm
Butrflynet: How sad, but he was one of the angels sent to set us straight, and you were very fortunate to have met him!

Hugs!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2003 11:14 pm
Double hugs Butrflynet.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:26 am
Montana wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

LOL Dyslexia ;-)

Montana, I was asking why this was funny.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:31 am
I think he meant it to be funny. I may be wrong and if I am I appologize.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 06:10 am
Butrflynet - that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing that.

hmmmmmm, I think dyslexia may have explained the Demi/Ashton relationship. Torrid. Works for me. Maybe it's just about the sex. Which would be just fine. Yup.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 07:31 am
Sex nothing. It's all about Hollywood. I looked this Ashton kid up on the movie site. I knew his name seemed familiar. This is the same young man who was in a movie earlier this year about newlyweds with Brittany Murphy and not only did they appear all over the place as lovers, they were even rumored to be secretly married. But once the movie came out and flopped, so did their "relationship." Now he's wrapped around Demi Moore, who's co-starring in Charlie's Angels (her first movie in how long?) opening in about a week and he's got two movies coming out this year and this "reletionship" has PR written all over it.
She spent over $50K in plastic surgery and bodywork to prepare for this role so there doesn't seem to be a whole lot she wouldn't do to generate interest in herself and her movie. Even dragging this guy along on a trip with her child and her ex. And, of course, the media jumped all over it. That was the whole point.

Let's talk about "real" couples like Liz Taylor and Larry Fortensky(haha). He was several years younger, wasn't he? Or Roseanne. Didn't she marry a young guy. Wasn't Tom Arnold younger? Whoopie Goldberg's last husband was younger. Cher and Greg Allman. Mary Tyler Moore's husband was/is considerably younger than she. Joan Collins married a young guy and she's about 70 years old now. And those are just the one's off the top of my head.
It's just no big deal anymore. At least, not in Hollywoo.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 09:28 am
dyslexia wrote:

LOL Dyslexia

it was indeed TORRID
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:25 pm
well, whatever's happening in Hollywood, I hope the sex is good. Even if it's not as torrid as dys!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 12:43 pm
I hear ya, ehBeth!
0 Replies