Older Women & Younger Men; are they finally socially OK?

seaglass

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 12:52 pm
Great line ehBeth.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 12:53 pm
ehBeth wrote:
I'll just say my rule is that I won't date anyone I could have given birth to

I had a similar rule, but that's in the past.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 12:54 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:00 pm
Just don't date anyone you have given birth to, that's just sick.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:03 pm
that is definitely not socially acceptable. at least here in tranna.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:11 pm
Don't date anyone in Whitby either....
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:22 pm
funny you ask this question now, the topic happened to come up two or three times aound me just the last week or two, so something must be up about it.

friend a) of mine has a new beau, that is: he's quite smitten she's not unwilling to entertain the notion ... she's like, thirty, he's four or five years younger. that kinda thing is still new enough to get to be conversation topic, but you're right: as a conversation topic it seems to invite more a curious excitement than any kind of judgemental thing now. like: oh man, go for it, girl!

friend b) has been attracting younger guys, too, she's a little over 30 now, too, and she's very pretty. until a year or so ago she still went clubbing quite a lot, and she'd have guys aged 25 - or 20, even - going for her, and for a while was not wholly averse of using the opportunities either. except she is quite traditional in, say, flirting conventions, so would expect them to take the next step always - and in another reversal of roles that could create some problem sometimes. one time she was all: this guy, he was going around with me all night, from one club to another, in the end even to his place; he was cute 'n all but he never made a move, so in the end nothing actually happened! that guy would be so frustrated if he'd know all he'd had to do was reach out ...

(nimh is not at his most articulate today. but hey, at least i'm here.)
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:30 pm
eoe wrote:
It's okay if he's being "bought" as long as everyone's clear on what the relationship is about. Being a gigolo is not illegal. No more than being a "kept woman."

Of course, it is not illegal. But it is disgusting. Well, maybe I am too much old-fashioned in mentality...
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:44 pm
What is disgusting Steissd - being a gigola or being a kept woman.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 01:58 pm
If 2 people have love and trust and things are right between them, then age difference is a non runner.
I have a real sweetheart who is a few years older than I am, it's no problem for me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 02:58 pm
I was 23....she was 36. Stewardess, called me when coming into the city. GOOOOOD TIMES! She wasn't lying when she told me women her age were very horny. Couple of other "older" women since, too. Definitely a big fan of the Mrs. Robinson.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:27 pm
The older they are, the more likely you will get a gummer too...was there a teenage boy out there that didn't have at least one crush on a teacher?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:36 pm
A "gummer," huh? I would have said, "more likely you will get a swallower," but I'm not that vulgar.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:46 pm
Sure you are, Slappy, I've seen your gummer video collection....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:49 pm
Sure, you are, Slappy. Go on and say ot. Smile

I have read that in some societies it used to be quite common for a younger man to seek out an older woman to initiate him into the mysteries of sex. I'm not talking about prostitution but, rather, a genuine relationship of whatever duration. Two virgins groping at each other with no real notion of what to do next is the scenario which seems unnatural to me. At least one of the partners should have some experience.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 03:50 pm
Seaglass wrote:
What is disgusting Steissd - being a gigola or being a kept woman

IMO, both...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:07 pm
Back in "the days", I had an older woman initiate me into the ways of the flesh. She wasn't too much older, but old enough. I was not a gigolo, and she was certainly not a kept woman. Just a bit of summer fun. And, bless her heart, she showed me where the clitoris was, and the G-spot.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:22 pm
Ahem....
Ahem, you all, your responses are a bit tendentious, but what of the social acceptability about which I originally asked? In the area in which you live, how would the up-tight folks react to the older woman-younger man liaison? Do the ages of the folks in judgment make a difference in their reactions? What do parents think of such arrangements of their children?

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 04:46 pm
In Boston, I doubt that anyone would give you a second look. Parents, that's another matter.
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2003 05:14 pm
From Lake Tahoe, CA --
The up-tight folks would be up-tight about it.
The loose folks would be loose about it.

Which means nobody here would really care,
except as a source of wonderful gossip and entertaining comments.
It's still unusual enough that rubber-neckers might ask questions, just
to see how it's going, and understand how it can work.
Certainly, nobody would be ostracized or condemned.

The parents would naturally care more than others,
but only those few parents who talk with their kids would be able to
start judging the health of the particular relationship with any competence.

This all assumes the age difference is less than 30 years. Beyond that,
most folks would assume he's a gigolo, and giggle appropriately.

Decent gigolo's cost about $600 an evening, slightly less if it's an ongoing
relationship developing real communication, intimacy, and emotional attachment.
0 Replies