Older Women & Younger Men; are they finally socially OK?

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:06 pm
JLNobody wrote:
We already knew that!

Nice of you to say that, JL! Very Happy
But it this fantastic wisdom didn't come easily, did it, osso? It was well & truly earned! :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:16 pm
Linking arms with Msolga.

Well, hey, maybe we'll all meet one day and link arms.

Edit to say, not met but meet, that was a typo, and further, I'd appreceiate meeting in the present here and now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:20 pm
And, no, it didn't.

Aaack, I am apt to be seeing my ex and wife at the funeral of my niece's mother this next week. Good god, I'll look like grandma. Oh, never mind.

In the meantime, if I get to LA, I have batches of people to see over a few days. Good grief.

To explain my nonapparent mourning - actually I do mourn my niece's mother. Long story, but I do. Just not here and now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:21 pm
Now, what a very nice idea, osso! Very Happy
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:33 pm
I'm going to L.A. in August to visit my brother and 90 year old step mother. And check out some of the vast art scene. For now I'm off to bed, expecting a very long and deep sleep tonight. I can just feel it coming on. Good night, wise gals.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 11:51 pm
August... damn, we'll just miss each other.

but, I want to hear more about your trip, jn.

I still want you to find the tiny bakery at Redwood avenue and Washington Blvd. Masimilliano's, or some similar name.
Right next door to Van's, the sneaker place.

(That is when you and I first started talking, a couple of years ago, re Mar Vista.
I'm going to be there this next week, for a few days.)

I must say, poor timing!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
Please see if the "bakery" restaurant is still there (upstairs in the back, as I recall), and I'll try again. Now that my step-mother is in a home there are no longer any kin ties to Mar Vista (formerly part of Culver City where I was born). Sad how EVERYTHING comes to an end. Doesn't mean, however, that I can't enjoy the area anyway.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:06 pm
Hmmmm, I forget the name of that place, the bakery-restaurant. I think Massimilliano's is nearly right across the street, on the south side of Washington and one door east of the corner of Redwood. I'll look for an address and pm you.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:39 pm
I thought the bakery was on the NW corner across the street from Maximilliano's, on the NE corner, both on the North side of Washington Blve.
I'm sure everyone is interested in this discussion. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:04 pm
The bakery-restaurant is on the northeast corner of (Walgrove?) It's fine, I've eaten there many times...

Maximilliano's or whatever the name is - is the place I think is so wonderful. That's just a bakery, or was when I was there last, but an incredible bakery.

Are we discursive, or what?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:36 pm
What?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:47 pm
Truly discursive, I believe.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:49 pm
Oh!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 08:15 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Aaack, I am apt to be seeing my ex and wife at the funeral of my niece's mother this next week. Good god, I'll look like grandma. Oh, never mind.
... To explain my nonapparent mourning - actually I do mourn my niece's mother. Long story, but I do. Just not here and now.

Sorry, osso, but somehow I missed this post before. I would have commented earlier.
A thought: It'd be nice if you could take a good friend with you. Moral support & someone to "compare notes" with. :wink:
And I'm certain you won't look like a "grandmother"! Very Happy Just make sure you look as good as makes YOU feel confident ... bugger the ex & his wife! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:08 pm
I've commented on this more on the How are you today thread, so I won't go on and on.

I yam who I yam, to paraphrase or quote PopEye.

I look alternately grandmotherly in the stereotypic sense and old hippie chick, depends on my weight. On rare occasions I can pull off sophistication, but I've sort of lost interest...
New wife is thin and wears twenty something clothes in her mid forties. Instead of being mocking, let me just ascribe probable good reasons for why he chose me then and her some time later, in a kind of equilibration. It wasn't a direct switch, so I don't hate her. (I am more into, "what was I thinking?")
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 09:21 pm
Yes, indeed, osso. I know what you mean! Laughing

And I have absolutely not a skerrick of doubt that you'll maintain your dominion! :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:37 pm
Osso, since we've met, I can speak with authority. You have nothing to be concerned about; you look fine.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:51 pm
Thanks, buddy!

I have no doubt new wife looks finer. I think I don't care - it's been a while now - and I might even like her. Let's hypothesize it's possible.

Interesting. If my exhusband was the only man in my life ever before, I might be more devastated now, in this oncoming scenario. But I met him when I was 33...
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 10:53 pm
ossobuco wrote:
I've commented on this more on the How are you today thread, so I won't go on and on.

I yam who I yam, to paraphrase or quote PopEye.

I look alternately grandmotherly in the stereotypic sense and old hippie chick, depends on my weight. On rare occasions I can pull off sophistication, but I've sort of lost interest...
New wife is thin and wears twenty something clothes in her mid forties. Instead of being mocking, let me just ascribe probable good reasons for why he chose me then and her some time later, in a kind of equilibration. It wasn't a direct switch, so I don't hate her. (I am more into, "what was I thinking?")

Osso,
She is the "bowling trophy wife."
Nothing more, nothing less.
Carry on.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 11:00 pm
I will, lion tamer! (Carry On, Nurse... I never saw those movies, but heard they were funny...)

And the wife is not a horrible person, I don't think, no matter what my niece tells me. I'm pretty saintly to her, but if she had ever lived with me, I'd probably be devilwoman.
0 Replies