The "When will Donald Trump leave office in disgrace?" Pool

glitterbag

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:18 am
@Krumple,
Can't you read, NO ONE wants war with Russia, Russia is not our responsibility, however, it is a vital for the USA to prevent penetration or upset to our country by hostile forces. Guess what, Russia is hostile to everyone. Hillary would not be marching us into Russia, you are being brainwashed by the Hillary haters. Fine with me idf Hillary isn't your cup of tea, but for Christ's sake don't make crap up.

Builder

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 02:31 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Guess what, Russia is hostile to everyone.

Really? I wonder what China and Iran have to say about that.

71% of Russian people want better relations between Russia and America, despite seeing the US of A as being aggressive.

And if you'd like a list of nations that the US govt has deemed worthy of invasion and/or regime change (democracy for the slow-witted) , it's not a short one.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:27 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

I got your point very well, I just don't give a ****. I'm perfectly happy if you keep your screenname. If you like ignominy, fine, who am I to say you nay. And even if Trump leads us all into nuclear war, which seems a lot less far-fetched than it used to, I'm not at all sure a majority of Republicans would vote to impeach him, So .why bet

The last time I bet on some thing was at least 30 years ago, in a job betting pool, on horses in the Kentucky Derby, for some sort of nominal stakes, something like increasing numbers of mint juleps. Even though I don't like mint juleps. I bet on some horse to show. It won. But my idiot then-boss who ran it wouldn't pay up, since he said "to show" meant the horse had to come in third and there was no internet then to show him his error. Cured me from betting even on sure things, forever.

Wow...Thank you for that confession of your incredible ignorance...It must have been difficult for you to openly admit it here. Well at least you now know the difference between win, place and show.
giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:28 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Hillary did get it and it was taken away by the dead hands of some antidemocratic founding fathers. That's gotta change.

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:29 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

No, we are acting like righteously indignant citizens who are justly appalled that we've had a vindictive lieing sociopathic conman foisted on us through thoroughly undemocratic means, and too many brownnosers are going along with it.

🌨🌨🌨
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:43 am
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

Quote:
Unless there a charge of income tax evasion who the **** cares? As far as I'm concerned we should do away with the IRS and mail in a ******* 3x5 card that I did my taxes on.

Are you that selfish and irresponsible that you don't think we should pay taxes? Nobody LIKES paying but if no one paid what would this country look like?

Where in my post did it say I wouldn't pay taxes??

What I'm opposed to is the SQUANDERING of my tax dollars.

There should be a flat 5% income tax, a 10% national sales tax, make gambling and prostitution legal in all 50 states and tax it at 40%...Done.
giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 05:48 am
@georgeob1,
As one vet to another, thanks for your service. I didn't know you were a vet but I'm not surprised.

"A Veteran is a person who at one point signed a blank check payable to the United States of America for any amount up to and including their life."
Frugal1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 07:14 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2SDeOnWIAASIUr.jpg:large
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 08:55 am
@giujohn,
You said we should do away with the IRS. Their the ones that ensure that taxes are paid and count the money. Who would pay their taxes if no one was making them do it? Without the IRS only a very few would pay.
TomTomBinks

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:02 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
What I'm opposed to is the SQUANDERING of my tax dollars.

There should be a flat 5% income tax, a 10% national sales tax, make gambling and prostitution legal in all 50 states and tax it at 40%...Done.

Who do you suppose is supporting squandering of their tax dollars?

I see why you're a Trump supporter. You just invented a tax code off the top of your head, with no research, no expertise in this field, no evidence as to how much money this would generate and no knowledge of how much money needs to be generated. You just decided (in a vacuum) that this was good enough.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:05 am
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2TQVxfVEAAz4ye.jpg:large
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:06 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
As one vet to another, thanks for your service.

Hey Gooey, I'm a veteran. Are you surprised by that? Or doesn't that count because I don't worship at the altar of Trump?
Frugal1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:24 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/18/09/36/180936ba5809c237502c9dc845855002.jpg

http://awdude.com/wp-content/uploads2/2014/03/535325120_384285331_bho_disgrace_xlarge_xlarge.jpeg
georgeob1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 09:55 am
@layman,
layman wrote:

RABEL222 wrote:

What amazes me is how many lieing, sociopathic, conmen voters we have in the U S.

Yeah, how could this fool possibly say that Trump is sincere, I ask ya?

Layman,

I listened to the Steve Harvey interview with great interest.I'm not very familiar with him or his background but I did note his candor, mature self-awareness and his evident sense of purpose with respect to the black youth of our inner cities. I was particularly struck by the facts that (1) He is an Obama supporter; (2) he said that Obama asked him to reach out and talk to the Trump folks with respect to his concerns; (3) He believes Trump is sincere in his interest in that area; and (4) He related to Trump as a person, his political orientation notwithstanding; acepts Trump's sincerity; and and is willing to work with him for that purpose.

I believe all of that speaks well for everyone involved; Obama, Harvey, and Trump. I believe that goes right to the heart of something that is crucial to the success of any enterprise, but which has become increasingly absent from American political dioscorse for several decades. That, of course is the willingness of people of different perspectives to focus on areas of general agreement and work together to create a useful synthesis of their ideas and perspectives to find beneficial solutions. The result us usually (1) better solutions, executed with more energy; and (2) the discovery of broader areas of general agreement among the contending parties.

We need less abstract political theorizing and more coordinated action to find concrete solutions enabling free people to help themselves achieve their goals.

Thanks for posting it.
georgeob1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 10:32 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Can't you read, NO ONE wants war with Russia, Russia is not our responsibility, however, it is a vital for the USA to prevent penetration or upset to our country by hostile forces. Guess what, Russia is hostile to everyone. Hillary would not be marching us into Russia, you are being brainwashed by the Hillary haters. Fine with me idf Hillary isn't your cup of tea, but for Christ's sake don't make crap up.

The self interest of all countries (or alliances of them such as the EU) puts each of them in potential conflict with every other country, War and armed conflict can offer, usually only temporary, solutions, but, as you infer, it is usually undesirable.

The only group I see screeming hostility towards Russia right now involves Obama and his supporters indignant over Putin's supposed "interference in our election" . This is highly ironic in that Putin's offense was revealing an ongoing effort of the DNC, the Clinton campaign and the media to interfere with our election. Apparently they would have preferred to continue the Hillary/DNC/media campaign conspiracy without interference.

Now, very suddently, after years of ignoring truly serious, long-tern continuing efforts by Putin to restore the former Russian Empire in the Caucasion peninsula; Crimea, Ukraine and the Baltic states; intervene in Syria to protect his client Assad; develop a military alliance with Iran -- all with zero response from the Obama Administration ( including former SECState Clinton), we are suddently aroused by indignant Democrats to the supposed innate hostility of the Russians.

You yourself now rather incoherently write ( or shout) that "no one wants war with Russia"; "Russia is hostile to everyone"; Hillary wouldn't march into Russia" - even as the feckless Obama returns U.S. troops to Europe, along with new depolyments to Poland and the Baltic states in a sudden and long overdue resistence .... all as a rather empty gesture in the last days of his presidency.

I have no objection to these actions by Obama, but note they should have been done calmly and deliberately, starting eight years ago when instead Obama withdrew our last troops from Europe, cancelled existing plans for the installation of missile defenses in Poland, and abandoned the government of Ukraine and the strategic Arns treaty obligations of the Russins with respect to the sanctity of its borders with an independent Ukraine.
layman

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:02 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

I listened to the Steve Harvey interview with great interest.I'm not very familiar with him or his background but I did note his candor, mature self-awareness and his evident sense of purpose with respect to the black youth of our inner cities. ...I believe all of that speaks well for everyone involved; Obama, Harvey, and Trump.....

We need less abstract political theorizing and more coordinated action to find concrete solutions enabling free people to help themselves achieve their goals.

Your thoughts parallel mine, George. Predictably, though, posting that video earns 4-5 "downvotes" from the cheese-eaters. They prefer to whine and foment discord 24/7.

glitterbag

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:33 pm
@georgeob1,
George, you should get more sleep, or take a vitamin or something. You're getting cranky and borderline thuggish. I am happy however that you have a few new friends, interestingly enough. I didn't recognize the attraction right away, but obviously it makes perfect sense.
georgeob1

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:50 pm
@glitterbag,
Actually I had a delicious sleep last night. I did a long, hard workout Sunday afternoon and slept like a rock afterwards ( I've been able to keep up with my old exercise routine, but it takes more sleep as I get older to stay up with it). Overall I'm happy and content - feeling particularly good and lighthearted this morning. My wife tells me I'm messy and sometimes too aggressive, but I love her despite that. (it's easier to get love from a woman than approval) .

However I don't buy the thuggish bit. Debate here is, as you might say, a blood sport. I'm not particularly into name-calling and all that stuff. I even ignore the relentless thumbing down that pervades the site.
giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:53 pm
@TomTomBinks,
TomTomBinks wrote:

You said we should do away with the IRS. Their the ones that ensure that taxes are paid and count the money. Who would pay their taxes if no one was making them do it? Without the IRS only a very few would pay.

Wrong. There would still be payroll deduction for your 5%(the only reason people pay at all not because there is an IRS). Enforcement wouldn't be necessary BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT WOULD ALREADY HAVE YOUR MONEY. Those who are self employed would pay quarterly. And if they don't, you send federal marshalls out to get it or arrest for evasion, as the case may be.
giujohn

Mon 16 Jan, 2017 12:54 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Thank you for your service and yes I am surprised. I'm for a President who will strengthen the military not weaken it.