I'll Never Vote for Hillary Clinton

revelette2

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:13 am
Trump ally paid sexual assault victim critical of Clinton

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A sexual-assault victim who is critical of Hillary Clinton and who appeared alongside Donald Trump before Sunday night's debate was paid $2,500 by a political action committee founded by Trump ally Roger Stone.

The Arkansas woman, Kathy Shelton, was sexually assaulted at age 12 and was the victim in a 1975 case in which Clinton was appointed to represent her then-41-year-old attacker, Thomas Alfred Taylor. Shelton has accused Clinton of crossing ethical bounds in the case, and over the past few months, Shelton has given TV and video interviews slamming Clinton.

0 Replies

thack45

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:21 am
@edgarblythe,
Well i just find this insulting. Personally. Ya big ol' meany.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:30 am
@snood,
Mostly sarcasm. Did intend levity, but missed again it seems.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Mon 10 Oct, 2016 08:02 am
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 07:23 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
If [Clinton] is the Democratic nominee and loses the general election, it'll be her own damn fault.

And it was.
Fil Albuquerque

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 07:50 am
@joefromchicago,
The thread tittle sums up who is to fault, ppl like you...
georgeob1

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:59 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I believe any fault with the result of this election belongs far more to Hillary Clinton than it does "people like Joe".
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:05 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
It's difficult. One candidate won the popular vote, the other won the Electoral College. Who can be fairly blamed/credited for the result?
McGentrix

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:07 am
I do have to admit to a certain amount of giddiness this morning knowing that Hillary lost. I've never voted for a Clinton and never will (Hear that Chelsea?). I am glad enough of my fellow Americans voted in this rigged system that he won.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:14 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

It's difficult. One candidate won the popular vote, the other won the Electoral College. Who can be fairly blamed/credited for the result?

I believe it is clear that the blame belongs to Hillary Clinton who caught herself up in a self-created vortex of lies and ended up deceiving only herself and her slavish supporters.

The credit belongs to our voters who correctly saw that the emperor indeed had no clothes.

Trump won the majority of the electoral vote and 100% of the Presidency.
0 Replies

Miller

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:33 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

The thread tittle sums up who is to fault, ppl like you...

Very true! Why doesn't "old Joseph" go back to Canada and take all the "Canadian Irish" with him? Good bye Joseph!
joefromchicago

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:11 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

go back to Canada

I wish!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Technically, I don't think anyone won the popular vote just yet. I think there are still votes to count. The last time I checked, HRC was ahead by a little more than 200,000 votes, but while this is a big number if it was in dollars on a check made out to me, it is less than two tenths of a percent of the total votes cast. O.17% to be precise.

I understand how Clinton supporters feel today, and that they want to take solace anywhere they can find it, but it's not like she crushed him in the popular vote but the Electoral College stole the election from her. This has been our system for a very long time and it could have been changed if the American people thought it was a big enough deal to do so. They never have.

I think Dems should imagine how they would feel if the roles were reversed: "There goes Trump and his supporters whining about a rigged system whenever something doesn't go his way!"

With all the talk there has been about how the EC map favored Clinton, and how narrow Trump's path to victory was, I don't think I heard anyone belly aching about the Electoral College.

The results sure don't spell "MANDATE" for the new president and that's a good thing, but if anybody makes the argument that his victory isn't legitimate because he didn't win the popular vote, they are just being crybaby sore losers.
revelette2

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The results sure don't spell "MANDATE" for the new president and that's a good thing, but if anybody makes the argument that his victory isn't legitimate because he didn't win the popular vote, they are just being crybaby sore losers.

I haven't heard anybody yet say that, I think we would know better after hearing Trump whine about rigged elections the whole general election season. If anyone bring up the popular vote (me), it is probably just to show Hillary wasn't hated, she wasn't.
Krumple

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 05:05 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Quote:

I haven't heard anybody yet say that, I think we would know better after hearing Trump whine about rigged elections the whole general election season. If anyone bring up the popular vote (me), it is probably just to show Hillary wasn't hated, she wasn't.

You are right, she wasnt hated but at the same time she wasnt liked.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 9 Nov, 2016 05:36 pm
@revelette2,
You do know what the word "if" means don't you?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 09:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
it's not like she crushed him in the popular vote but the Electoral College stole the election from her.

Most likely, it will always be that way when there's a popular/electoral college split, unless there's massive voter fraud in a particular state.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I think Dems should imagine how they would feel if the roles were reversed: "There goes Trump and his supporters whining about a rigged system whenever something doesn't go his way!"

With all the talk there has been about how the EC map favored Clinton, and how narrow Trump's path to victory was, I don't think I heard anyone belly aching about the Electoral College.

The electoral college is imperfect, but the reason the map favored Clinton is not because of the electoral college.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Concur. He's the President-Elect. I hope he's up to it.

From a fraud prevention perspective, the EC is a good thing. If there's massive fraud in a particular state (Kansas or California; it doesn't matter which state), it can't dilute the votes in other states.
cicerone imposter

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 10:45 am
@DrewDad,
We all just have to hope that the Donald we know is not the President. He may surprise all of us!
The Donald I know is a racial bigot, a liar, a scammer, and a woman groper.
revelette2

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 10:50 am
@cicerone imposter,
Forgive me CI, I am just waiting for your turn around. A couple of months (if that) of positive posts about Trump and you will be blowing with the wind.
cicerone imposter

Thu 10 Nov, 2016 10:53 am
@revelette2,
Nevah hoppen. He'll always be a scum to me. I will never condone a racial bigot like Trump who has no redeeming quality. All he is is a rich narcissist.
0 Replies