Hubby pouts when I say "no" to sex

Romeo Fabulini

Wed 2 Oct, 2013 06:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Ossobuco profile snippet:
Quote:
I grew up wanting to be a doctor

There ya go sweetheart, YOU can be my Nurse Chapell AND Dr. Quinn rolled into one..Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:18 pm
@JeanAwesome156,
JeanAwesome156 wrote:
at least one person here doesn't think I've been being terrible.

I think you and your husband have ended up in a terrible situation, but I don't think you're terrible people. There's a pretty big difference between those two views.
0 Replies

JeanAwesome156

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:09 am
@BillRM,
Thanks for your input Bill. I do want to stay married to this man. I love him very much. But, I can't lie, sometimes I dream of never having to have sex again. Sad
JeanAwesome156

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:11 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Oh Romeo, if only it were that easy! There's just one problem, I'm deeply in love with this man. After this one there will be no other, that I can promise you! Thanks for sharing!
Sincerely,
Jeannie
0 Replies

JeanAwesome156

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:14 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You have quite the imagination! Watch a little too much TV do you? LOL
Jeannie
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:44 am
@JeanAwesome156,
Quote:
I dream of never having to have sex again.

How sad for both of you as that is a wonderful form of expression of love/bond between a man and his wife.

I been my now wife lover since 1985 and she still take my breath away like no other woman have ever done.

If for some reason we never had sex again I would still love her with all my heart but it would be a great lost to me to not have that physical intimacy with her.
hawkeye10

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 09:52 am
@BillRM,
there are a lot of sexless marriages Bill, the numbers would stagger you. sometimes partners make arrangments. I cant immagine that sex with Jean is very good, hubby should find new sex partners, with Jeans consent
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 10:19 am
Throughout the 70's and 80's I was the sex toy for what seemed like an endless line of groupies, strippers and other women of low breeding and ill repute. It was degrading. Thank God I finally met a woman who loved me for my mind and my wit instead of my great ass.
hawkeye10

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 10:34 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
then all of that what I bet was great pussy was wasted on you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Thu 3 Oct, 2013 10:37 am
Yeah but I got it and you didn't whiny girl
0 Replies

JeanAwesome156

Thu 10 Oct, 2013 09:55 am
I want to thank you all for your thoughts on my problem. You have all been wonderful.
Sincerely,
Jeannie
0 Replies

Bwana

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:45 am
@JeanAwesome156,
Well Jeannie, as a husband of over 28 years, my first suggestion to you, is to get and read the book by Dr. Laura Schlesinger (sp?) titled "The Care And Feeding Of Husbands". Very important reading for wives IF they really want to understand men.

Second, if your husband is a loving man, and really cares for you, and goes out of his way to do things for you and please you, giving him sex almost every time he wants it, is a small price to pay for his love. You may even enjoy it. He is not asking you to climb Mt. Everest, or wash the car. He is just asking for a little physical/mental love. To a man, sex with his wife, is more than just having an orgasm. Most wives do not understand that. It is a "bonding", physically and mentally. To him, it is proof that you still care for him and love him and accept him as he is. If he does not get this feeling from his WIFE, the marriage will fail sooner or later.

Read the book!

Love is all that counts.

JeanAwesome156

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 08:24 am
@Bwana,
Thank-you Bwana! I will look for that book. I'm not sure you understand how much I hate sex though. I went through early menopause, but I take hormone replacement therapy in the hopes that it helps make it easier for me. But, it doesn't seem to work at all. I seriously cringe at the thought of it! I'm almost to the point of telling him that I never want it again and we should divorce so he can find a wife who enjoys a sex life!
PUNKEY

Wed 22 Jan, 2014 01:10 pm
@JeanAwesome156,
Jean - I'm sorry if you discussed this before. This post got very long and went on a lot of tangents . . . .

When you say you hate sex, do you mean intercourse or intimacy? (hugging, kissing, petty, foreplay?)

If you love this man, then why won't you let him express that back to you?

There are a lot of couples who don't do intercourse anymore for one reason or another, but are still intimate with each other.

I'll never forget hearing Dr. Ruth talking to a woman whose husband bugged her for sex when she didn't want it. She said, "Darlink, just reach over and give him a hand job. What? It's 5 minutes out of your life, he's happy and you can get some sleep."
0 Replies

Darlene1974

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 05:41 pm
@JeanAwesome156,
Dear Awesome: If I were you, instead of having a sullen person around me, I would try to increase my own libido. Frustrating a lover, boyfriend, or husband is not only NOT the best way to keep them desiring you, AND it is not any fun at all. Have you tried other ways of having sex with him? If you get a little creative about it, perhaps you'll discover what other people have found so interesting and lively about sex. Or, tell him, as I told my own husband one day, "GET IT OUTSIDE." (I meant, find someone else to have sex with.)
BillRM

Sun 23 Feb, 2014 06:02 pm
@Darlene1974,
Quote:
Or, tell him, as I told my own husband one day, "GET IT OUTSIDE." (I meant, find someone else to have sex with.)

Unless there was solid medical reasons for my wife to not have sex I would file divorce papers and then go out to look for a new partner as needing to go outside of the marriage to have that part of life address was not the deal going in.
0 Replies

shandy69

Sun 24 Aug, 2014 11:44 am
@JeanAwesome156,
Ask Uncle Google
0 Replies

bobbyg

Sun 28 Sep, 2014 07:19 am
@JeanAwesome156,
You might want to think about adding some toy's in the mix of trying to get things back to enjoying one another. I know my lady and I had some issues and we started looking around and talking about how to add some more interest in to love making and we came up with trying a few adult toys and it helped in a big way of having fun again in the bedroom. I hope this thought helps. bobby G.
0 Replies

carloslebaron

Mon 20 Oct, 2014 11:27 pm
@JeanAwesome156

I guess you knew that you dislike sex BEFORE getting married. If this is the case, and you weren't honest with your future husband, well, you got yourself in trouble.

Marriage is not a game, and if one of the partners is not clear about his or her likeness about sex, the only thing that will happen is that will make miserable the life of the spouse.

Your husband got married with you to love you and "to enjoy you". You were supposed to know that, to say "yes" knowing that he will want sex with you, not with another woman.

It is understood that at your age the sex attraction will diminish a lot, and for this reason you should have found a husband that is not much attracted to sex as you are.

I agree with the poster who suggested you giving green light to your husband to look for another woman as a sexual partner if you don't want sex anymore. As long as he won't fall in love with the other woman (women) then your marriage can last.

Your situation calls for sympathy and support, but you must be aware that your husband doesn't have to suffer because you dislike sex.

He is doing the right thing, because sex is included and expected in a marriage. The one who is in error, even when justified by your age and changes in your body, it's you.

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Tue 21 Oct, 2014 06:45 am
@JeanAwesome156,
JeanAwesome156 wrote:

Thank-you Bwana! I will look for that book. I'm not sure you understand how much I hate sex though. I went through early menopause, but I take hormone replacement therapy in the hopes that it helps make it easier for me. But, it doesn't seem to work at all. I seriously cringe at the thought of it! I'm almost to the point of telling him that I never want it again and we should divorce so he can find a wife who enjoys a sex life!

That's a great idea
0 Replies