Elizabeth Edwards Confronts Ann Coulter

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:03 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Burying is cheap.

Long-term care for the catastrophically injured is not.

It can take a very persuasive lawyer to get anything near what it will take to provide the required level of care for a lifetime. Not getting the best, most persuasive, lawyer you can afford to sue everybody possible is reckless and uncaring in my (definitely not humble in this area) opinion.
I would agree that sometimes the scummiest of the scumbags is your best bet; but not when you're looking for a President. The scumbag who'll be more than happy to exploit the death of his own son so that some other griever can extort money from an innocent manufacturer can certainly be counted on to scare some other scumbag straight... but I wouldn't want either to lead my country.

too late....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:21 pm
It's no timely news that our government is like a magnet for scumbags and most of the legislature is made up of attorneys.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:27 pm
I want the smartest, trickiest son of a bitch possible representing me in court, or on the world stage.

Instead we elect dumb ass muthphuckas because they tell us life is precious to them while enacting things that cause wholesale death and misery.

If there is a Jesus, please come back and kill everyone. We suck. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:32 pm
Don't misunderstand me, some of my best friends are lawyers -- and Jewish.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:33 pm
Advocate wrote:
For instance, O'Bill, who slimes Edwards, is the same guy who said that the USA could comfortably take in 4.5 billion immigrants.
I do get tired of encountering this outright lie. You are either too stupid to understand the context of what was being discussed in that thread or too dishonest to admit it... which is it? Are you a liar or an idiot?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Don't misunderstand me, some of my best friends are lawyers -- and Jewish.

rabinowitz rabinowitz rabinowitz and rabinowitz 4 savage jews that will rip your heart out and eat it for lunch. I love 'em.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Advocate wrote:
For instance, O'Bill, who slimes Edwards, is the same guy who said that the USA could comfortably take in 4.5 billion immigrants.
I do get tired of encountering this outright lie. You are either too stupid to understand the context of what was being discussed in that thread or too dishonest to admit it... which is it? Are you a liar or an idiot?

or just someone who disagrees with you? Which is the biggest sin?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 03:54 pm
Hmm...the TOS went out the window with the bathwater and the baby.

Actually, I did a lighting install for an attorney a few years back and he tried to cheat me out of some sales tax. I saw it coming and padded his bill.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:15 pm
Yes this thread got a little mean spirited. I apologize for my part. C'mere O'Bill and let me get my fingers in all the back hair.....
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:31 pm
O'Bill, you did say this in so many words. You also said that, with the flood of immigrants, clean water would be no problem because of desalination. This is almost equally stupid. In just my area, there are a multitude of water battles going on.

I'm tired of you picking on a few of Edward's thousands of cases to show he is a scumbag. You don't provide links to the cases, or even give the legal citation. With your other nonsense, who can believe you. BTW, you wouldn't know a scumbag.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:35 pm
advocate, are you really a bimbo or do you just play one on a2k?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:49 pm
Advocate wrote:
O'Bill, you did say this in so many words. You also said that, with the flood of immigrants, clean water would be no problem because of desalination. This is almost equally stupid. In just my area, there are a multitude of water battles going on.
What I did say; I proved in spades. Large scale desalination is a reality in many places; and any literate person who followed the links I provided would have seen that... instead of continuing to spout idiotic denials of reality on unrelated thread after unrelated thread. You proved beyond a reasonable doubt that providing links for you is useless.

Advocate wrote:
I'm tired of you picking on a few of Edward's thousands of cases to show he is a scumbag. You don't provide links to the cases, or even give the legal citation. With your other nonsense, who can believe you. BTW, you wouldn't know a scumbag.
Laughing If you were even remotely interested in reducing your ignorance; Google would yield you both of the landmark cases I referenced... probably in your first try. Having wasted my time providing links to be ignored for you before; I won't bother again. I could almost care less if you choose to continue opining from ignorance.

BPB: No, he can't choose to disagree with whether or not I wrote the lie he keeps feebly trying to pedal. His choices are idiot for not understanding (after numerous explanations) or liar for pretending not to (after numerous explanations). Frankly; his continued denial of large-scale desalination constitutes pretty definitive proof of the latter (Google would solve that no-brainer for you as well).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:58 pm
although there are a couple of times I have agreed with O'bill, I would never admit it.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:04 pm
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Coulter isn't a heckler, but a hateful bitch troll who is propped up by folks like you, McG. You spread her hate around because it provides you joy to see others get angry.

Cycloptichorn

While it's true that Coulter was only responding to the hateful bitch troll Bill Maher, Maher doesn't make me angry. He doesn't make me angry because I don't watch him, read him, listen to him or give him a chance to make me angry.

Those of you who get your drawers bunched up because of Coulter or anyone else has the same choice. I suggest you exercise that choice and stop acting like toddlers.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:28 pm
I'd rather think that acting like the national bird of Australia is acting like a toddler (sand rather chokes one if they're human). I watch and read pundits from the left and the right -- they don't make me angry and much as make me laugh. At them, not with them -- only Bill Maher can make me laugh with him. Coulter is as transparant as Saran Wrap and with about the same substance. Plastic for brains, she slithers around spouting sarcastic humor but it's really rhetorical, slanderous blathering.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:30 pm
(Not that Bill hasn't had some unfortunate slips-of-the-tongue -- he lost a job over it although he now has the last laugh on HBO).
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 06:59 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
I'd rather think that acting like the national bird of Australia is acting like a toddler (sand rather chokes one if they're human). I watch and read pundits from the left and the right -- they don't make me angry and much as make me laugh. At them, not with them -- only Bill Maher can make me laugh with him. Coulter is as transparant as Saran Wrap and with about the same substance. Plastic for brains, she slithers around spouting sarcastic humor but it's really rhetorical, slanderous blathering.

FYI,Australia does NOT have an official national bird.

Their UNOFFICIAL national bird is the Emu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_bird

So,I'm curious what bird you were talking about.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:07 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I would agree that sometimes the scummiest of the scumbags is your best bet; but not when you're looking for a President.

Not scummy. Good, smart, and persuasive.

If there was something really wrong with how he handled the cases, the awards would have been appealed and repealed.

You guys could use a smart leader.

~~~

I think Edwards would be wasting his time and great skills in the presidency, but there aren't a lot of good, ripe candidates available right now (IMNSHO). Hopefully, the field will develop over the next months.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 07:53 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

Lol!!!! Ostriches are African.

And they don't stick their heads in the sand, btw.

It's a smear campaign against them.
0 Replies