Illegal Immigration

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 06:24 am
USAFHokie80 wrote:
Regardless of person experiences, the fact remains that black and hispanic persons are much more likely to commit crimes than a white person. This is only one of the reasons for racism, but it's a very compelling one.

I HOPE TO GOD YOUR NOT SERIOUS!

I will take a mild swing and say could this be caused by their socioeconomic status? you know, people commit crimes to make money, most of the time.So if most poor people are colored, guess what? they commit more crimes!

To miss something so, so, whats the word, OBVIOUS?
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:01 am
OGIONIK wrote:
USAFHokie80 wrote:
Regardless of person experiences, the fact remains that black and hispanic persons are much more likely to commit crimes than a white person. This is only one of the reasons for racism, but it's a very compelling one.

I HOPE TO GOD YOUR NOT SERIOUS!

I will take a mild swing and say could this be caused by their socioeconomic status? you know, people commit crimes to make money, most of the time.So if most poor people are colored, guess what? they commit more crimes!

To miss something so, so, whats the word, OBVIOUS?

Of course I'm serious. Whatever the reason, it is still a fact.

Are you saying that they shouldn't be held accountable because they're poor? That has to be one the more idiotic things I've ever heard.

Now, on the subject of reason...
TKO suggests that racism exists because people don't challenge themselves. Why should racist people "challenege" themselves to *not* be racists if these poor people you mention that commit crimes don't challenge themselves to be law-abiding citizens?

There are plenty of poor people who don't resort to crime to survive.

And many, not all, of these poor people are poor by their own making. They drop out of school, or get pregnant at the age of 14 or commit a crime and get put in jail... This only perpetuates the cycle.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:33 am
So you honestly expect people torn away from their homeland to compete with the well off whites in a strange land? If you set someone up to fail they most likely will.

Drop out? wtf good is a diploma nowdays without a college education? Hmm lets take someone living in abject poverty and make it so the only way they can suceed is by taking on huge amounts of debt, nice.
Todays workplace is hyper-competitive, maybe they dont feel like wasting their time to come in last anyways?

teenage pregancy? oh you mean the kids trying to find love in a world full of "ignorant hatred" and violence?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
So you honestly expect people torn away from their homeland to compete with the well off whites in a strange land? If you set someone up to fail they most likely will.

Drop out? wtf good is a diploma nowdays without a college education? Hmm lets take someone living in abject poverty and make it so the only way they can suceed is by taking on huge amounts of debt, nice.
Todays workplace is hyper-competitive, maybe they dont feel like wasting their time to come in last anyways? Why not drop out? i graduated , amazingly. didnt do me a **** of good. I need to buy a car, rent a place to live, eat , AND pay for college? AND i have to start out with a monetary handicap? AND pay for healthcare? where the **** am i supposed to get this money? what am i gonna do, waste away while i break my back working minimum wage? Crime ? **** even if they get caught at least they have a place to sleep eat and clean clothes.

teenage pregancy? oh you mean the kids trying to find love in a world full of ignorant hatred and violence? kids who arent sexually knowledgable yet?

To me survival>laws, if im not alive to follow the laws wtf good does that do me? its called balancing needs of the self with needs of the group.And if i am expendable, best believe im really not gonna care about following laws that dont help me in the first place.

Your attempts to explain your prejudice arent really thought out, if your gonna claim breaking laws makes it justifiable to hate them, well you definitely do not belong on a philosophy forum, try politics or legal debate.

Our laws exist to keep society peaceful as possible (and to tax the **** out of us), please don't try to use them as a basis for explaing your prejudices , thanks. One day poverty wont be an issue, until then people still have to eat.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:50 am
Torn away from their homeland? What the hell are you talking about?

This is the problem. People like you just make excuses.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:51 am
guess i hit enter before i was ready, gah! well its not like my posts are eloquent anyways...
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 07:52 am
so your denying blacks came from africa then?
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:00 am
Umm... yes. Their ancestors did... a hundred or so years ago. The black people here today are not "African American." They are American. (obviously there are some people here that actually are directly from africa, but they are also here by their own choice)
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:02 am
Excuses like the ones you provide are what "set people up for failure." Why bother doing better when someone is willing to give you a free pass for xyz reason?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:10 am
So your saying (even if it is illegal) they shouldnt try to decrease their socioeconomic disadvantages in a society based on competition?

Bottom line, if blacks are more prone to crime its because they are poor.
And its because we used their ancestors as free labor.

Lets not forget the ones with the mettle to pull through all the BS and become middle-class.

I agree with you on one thing, crime isnt a good thing.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:16 am
Quote:
So your saying (even if it is illegal) they shouldnt try to decrease their socioeconomic disadvantages in a society based on competition?

Not when it involves harming (in any way) someone else.

Quote:

Being poor does not make someone a criminal. This is just an excuse. There are always other options. There are also lots of poor white people. Yet, black people are still more prone to crime and violence. So your argument doesn't make much sense.

As for their ancestors... what the hell does that have to do with TODAY? At the risk of sounding cliche... if being (brought) here is so bad, they could always go back to Africa. They are probably better off here than there. Africa is by far poorer than the US and riddled with disease. What poor, poor black people who have to live in a cleaner, more opportunistic country!

If you agree that crime is not a good thing, stop making excuses for it.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:32 am
USAFHokie80 wrote:
Quote:

Not when it involves harming (in any way) someone else.

Quote:

Being poor does not make someone a criminal.But being black does? your own logic used against you. This is just an excuse. There are always other options. There are also lots of poor white people. Yet, black people are still more prone to crime and violence. So your argument doesn't make much sense.

As for their ancestors... what the hell does that have to do with TODAY? At the risk of sounding cliche... if being (brought) here is so bad, they could always go back to Africa. They are probably better off here than there. Africa is by far poorer than the US and riddled with disease. What poor, poor black people who have to live in a cleaner, more opportunistic country! Because they were handicapped from the start, ALL of them. How do you expect them to compete successfully? answer: you dont.

If you agree that crime is not a good thing, stop making excuses for it.

Whats worse than crime is poverty IMO.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:55 am
Quote:
...But being black does? your own logic used against you.

Hardly. My "logic" is not at fault. Your issue is with the statistics on crime. Again, those are not my making. Stats show that a black man is 6 times more likely to commit a crim than a white man. Hispanic men fall between the two.

[qutoe]Because they were handicapped from the start, ALL of them. How do you expect them to compete successfully? answer: you dont. [//quote]

How exactly are black people handicapped from the start? My friend Kendall, who happens to be black, makes a pretty good living. He's 28 and doing just fine.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 08:59 am
6 times more likely? only in america right?
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 11:26 am
I can't speak to the location. In America, though, I can give you the stats from the DOJ.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 10 Jul, 2007 09:45 pm
Be back later.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:04 am
USAFHokie80 wrote:
I can't speak to the location. In America, though, I can give you the stats from the DOJ.

No you can't speak beyond the location.

In other countries that have multiple ethnicities, can we expect your claim that racist precepts hold up? I don't thikn so.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:29 am
Hokie, I take it you think environment has zero impact on human development?
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 06:33 am
Eorl wrote:
Hokie, I take it you think environment has zero impact on human development?

Regardless of why they are more likely, it still stands that they *are* more likely to commit crime. That is my point. I'm not saying environment has nothing to do with it. However, they could choose to be law-abiding and try to become more than that.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Wed 11 Jul, 2007 07:11 am
Diest TKO wrote:
USAFHokie80 wrote:

No you can't speak beyond the location.

In other countries that have multiple ethnicities, can we expect your claim that racist precepts hold up? I don't thikn so.

T
K
O

So... what's your point? I never claimed any of this to be valid outside of this country. All of my assertions are perfectly correct as applied to the USA.
0 Replies