Illegal Immigration

shark

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 08:04 pm
Is it right to keep the borders open and allow people who have not been given permission to live here to come into our country and demand that our laws be changed?

Why is it wrong to call them illegals?

They are called illegals because they are DAILY breaking immigration laws.

Yet, Bush calls them "OUR FRIENDS."

So, Bush is a friend of law-breakers, right?

Should we grant amnesty to people who break the laws of the United States?

Do I have the right to enter your house (apartment or not) and start demanding my way?

Think about these questions and please reply.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,987 • Replies: 165
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 01:53 am
It doesnt matter, as long as america has work people will come regardless of invisible boundaries.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 May, 2007 04:13 am
Shark, I've noticed that you are apparently clicking several times while posting a topic. This results in a proliferation of duplicate topics. I imagine this means you are on dialup or there is some other reason for slowness.

Please -- click once and give it a little while. It will save us a little time in cleaning up the duplicates. Thank you on behalf of the Moderating Team.
0 Replies

Achilles the great

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 06:13 pm
Quote:
Is it right to keep the borders open and allow people who have not been given permission to live here to come into our country and demand that our laws be changed?

Heck no its not alright.
Quote:
Why is it wrong to call them illegals?

It most definately isn't wrong.
Quote:
Should we grant amnesty to people who break the laws of the United States?

Thats what I call it to. Amnesty!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:16 pm
well they dont care if they are called illegals, america has work and they are workers, so they are just doing what they feel is necessary to provide their families a higher standard of living.(survival>laws ALWAYS)

why dont we just build a huge ass berlin style wall already so people will shut the **** up about it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:33 pm
You can come to my house.... as long as you work hard doing jobs that I don't want to do and don't complain about the fact that I pay you almost nothing.

... oh you have to pay into my retirement plan.

... and my wife doesn't like your kind so "officially" I will call you "illegal" (since you don't have permission to be in my house (wink wink), and if she catches you, we have to take you lock you up and take you away from your family).

... and I will blame you for anything that goes wrong in the house, and if you get uppity (or my wife notices you) I may decide you have leprosy.

But you understand. After all as an "illegal" you can't expect to be treated as a human being.

So get to it, these smelly toilets aren't going to clean themselves (and I sure as hell don't want to clean them).
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 01:46 pm
The problem with brown's post is that illegal aliens that come here to do whatever work are a drain on resources. They devour funding for health care because they have no insurance and no way to pay for any medical expenses they incur - like producing children.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:12 pm
If Shark comes and cleans my toilets for the little bit of money I am going to pay him... I will be able to deal with a couple of extra bucks in "resources"

(Of course, I will still complain about it since my Republican wife gets on my back about budget all the time and shark (being illegal) is a perfect person to blame it on). If he get's hurt, I might even give him a bandaid.

Do you know how much it would cost me to have USAFHokie come clean my toilets (and he won't even work half as hard as shark will)? Heck these "resources" aren't so bad at all compared to the benefit I am getting.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:46 pm
Your example is flawed. The companies that employ these aliens do not pay for the health benefits either. Illegal aliens cleaning the toilets of some mc donald's a few states away or building some shopping mall on the other side of the state are in no way contributing to me or mine. Yet, I am still forces to pay for their health care and other sorts of funding. I wouldn't mind as much if companies that eployed these people did pay more taxes and whatnot - but they don't.
0 Replies

Achilles the great

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 02:56 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
well they dont care if they are called illegals, america has work and they are workers, so they are just doing what they feel is necessary to provide their families a higher standard of living.(survival>laws ALWAYS)

why dont we just build a huge ass berlin style wall already so people will shut the **** up about it.

They send their hard earned (as you call it) $$ back to Mexico. That I have a problem with. If they make the dough here, then they can keep it here. Thats why this economy is poor. Did you know illegals sent money is Mexico's second biggest of that countries income? Hundreds of millions go back there each year. Imagine what that would do for this economy.

I also am all for the wall, if thats what it takes to keep them out!! :wink:
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 03:12 pm
I think there should be more aggressive laws on illegal immigrants and the companies that employ them. Why not fine any company found to eploy them a minimum of $10000.00 per head? I'm sure that would make a difference.
0 Replies

Achilles the great

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 07:02 pm
Agreed, and put a freeze on all moneys going to mexico. Force them to spend it here. If their families need help that bad hey I got an idea why not try the legal way to come here Shocked
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 09:25 pm
USAFHokie80 wrote:
Your example is flawed. The companies that employ these aliens do not pay for the health benefits either. Illegal aliens cleaning the toilets of some mc donald's a few states away or building some shopping mall on the other side of the state are in no way contributing to me or mine. Yet, I am still forces to pay for their health care and other sorts of funding. I wouldn't mind as much if companies that eployed these people did pay more taxes and whatnot - but they don't.

The obvious answer is to provied a path to citizenship and then insist that the people cleaning toilets take it.

Citizens pay taxes... and they would then get healthcare the same way you do.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 09:27 pm
There is a path to citizenship. They just don't want to take it.
0 Replies

Achilles the great

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 09:43 pm
USAFHokie80 wrote:
There is a path to citizenship. They just don't want to take it.

You got that right, its because its the legal way.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2007 09:52 pm
According to the latest news report on the immigration bill, it failed the Senate, and it seems it's probably dead for this year (and the next).
0 Replies

Achilles the great

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 05:40 am
Good, maybe they will keep the round ups going. Ship them out before they can become citizens. We don't give American criminals amnesty by the millions! What makes these people any better? They are not that valuable a worker.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 07:24 am
You guys don't understand, there are lots of Americans who want them here-- this is why there are so many. The fact that you all prefer the status quo is bad for both sides of this issue.

The current stand off-- resulting in the status quo is the worst thing for America. It means depressed wages for American workers. It hurts national security since it keeps 12 million people in the shadows. It doesn't even stop people from coming (and it actually keeps people from leaving since once you suffer so much for something -- why would you leave).

Your conservative wet dream that all immigrants will be deported (or mistreated into oblivion) is pure fantasy.

The Immigrants rights movement is growing. Christian churches are calling for compassion and many are joining the new Sanctuary movement. Cities are choosing to become Sanctuary cities and even givin city residencies. There is a growing number of Americans (and states) who want to give the children an affordable college education.

This bill is the best that you conservatives are going to get. I think it is bad for the country to keep the status quo, which is why I am willing to accept this compromise even though there are parts of it I don't like.

But let me give you a hint, the country isn't getting any more conservative. If you make us wait for an immigration bill, I promise you when it passes (with a Democratic president and a stronger Democrat control of Congress) it will be more liberal.

So if you wont compromise because you want what is best for the country-- you should compromise because this is the best bill you conservatives are going to get.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:02 am
I'm not conservative whatsoever. The reason those few americans want them here is because they can exploit them to work for next to nothing. What happens when they become citizens and then they have to be paid a minimum wage? They have to pay taxes? Employers have to provide healthcare? It all goes into the shitter.

If they want to live here that's fine with me. But they need to become a citizen legally. Anyone who comes here and lives illegally is breaking the alw and should be barred permanently from gaining citizenship.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 08:10 am
You are wrong to judge our motives. In fact, we are supporting a path to citizenship with rights... which is not the stance that someone who wants cheap labor would take.

Many Americans support a path to citizenship because of compassion and support for families. There are increasing churches (including Evangelical protestants) who are supporting immigrant rights for Biblical grounds. Then there are Americans who simply care about friends, neighbors and family.
0 Replies