Men and Vasectomies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 11:43 am
jazzie,
I didn't realized that about the IUD and pregnancy thing. That stinks!

I wish you luck with this!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 11:57 am
There has been a lot of commentary on depo here at a2k, Jazzie - you might do a search (see line of a2k options on the page above).
0 Replies

jazzieB123

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:22 am
oo, thanx osso - I'll check out the posts on depo Smile much appreciated.

jazz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 01:43 am
Sorry not to look them up and link, jazzy... I know you can do it but also konw it would have helped if I started in on that for you. But, I bet there are a lot of threads. Start with the big one first, and then narrow down.
0 Replies

jazzieB123

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 02:00 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Is it possible that your husband secretly wants to be a daddy? Of course you want him to share the responsibility for contraception. He doesn't want to. You feel as though your sex life isn't a matter of much concern for your husband. You may be right.

My guess is that your present sexless state, a not-meeting of the bodies, is a reflection of a not-meeting of the minds.

Is he aware that you're not delighted with living away from friends and family? Does he have family close by? How long are you likely to stay where you are?

Hi Noddy - many thanks for your feedback. My husb & I are sworn off children - we adore them but do not want any of our own. He is hell bent against children. You may be right about our sex life not being much of a concern for him - I assumed it was a big deal for him to go without, but perphaps I was wrong.

I'm strongly right-brained where as my husband is a left-brained thinker, and communication is sometimes very difficult for us. Also, I'm extroverted, he is introverted. We are poles apart in some regards but on the fundamental issues, we feel and think the same way. I hang on to those fundamentals like a liferaft. When our fundamental thinking is so different (like contraceptive responsibility) I really struggle to see things from his point of view. Also, he doesn't talk that much so I have to turn on my ESP to work out what's in his mind. It is quite challenging.

As for living away from home, I get very homesick, I feel isolated and sad but it is a means to an end - and I have to keep reminding myself of that. We're not living in this city, or even this country, forever. His family is close by to where we live and they're lovely ... but ultimately, they're not my people, if you know what I mean. They are kind, generous, warm ... but they're very different to my own kin. I accept them as people seperate from me, but they act as tho they want to replace my family, which just isn't possible. As for how long to stay in this city ... a year maybe. Or 2, tops. Also, I'm hoping to go home for a visit in 08 which I think will help me enormously. I need time with my tribe.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 08:05 am
Jazzie--

You're seeing your problem/s clearly which almost certainly predicts a happy ending in the long run.

Good luck.
0 Replies

jazzieB123

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 02:03 am
LOL, thanks Noddy. Yeh, I've got things in fairly good perspective, overall. And as for the contraception problems I was having, I asked my husb the other if he would mind if I went out and bought a box of condoms for him. He said he wouldn't mind.

It has taken me over 2 months to work up the courage to ask that LOL. Why? B/c he thinks that anytime I suggest anything to him, I am trying to control him...that I'm trying to tell him what to do. His mama is extremely manipulative in a quiet yet determined manner - and sadly, I've been lumped in the same category. So the sooner we can get some distance between her and I ... and the sooner he can see me as a person seperate from anyone else and as someone with her own opinions .. the better. Which is why I'm going to power on thru some things that need to be done this year so that my husb and I can be in a better position to move to another city before eventually leaving the US.

Gosh. Another long answer. Thanks for reading Smile

Best,
jazz
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 01:08 pm
Jazzie--

Some very adorable men have very inconvenient mothers.

Agreeing that you would buy the condoms is a start.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies