What were the main ideological causes of World War II?

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 02:41 pm
pyramid John--dont be so damn entertaining . You should hold something back and gradually reveal yourself to the world. PS ya gotta watch out for that Setanta guy. He believes , and ya gotta be sittin down for this, in evolution.
What kinda engineer? choochoo, Civil, mechanical, chem?
0 Replies

pyramid1k

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:01 pm
Mech,Elec,Hydro,Thermal.I was once labeled Master craftsman, now I'm just a person looking for an answer to something I forgot I wanted to know!, when we were all little the earth was good and the older we get the more we see the wrong kind of people in the places we thought were good! maybe cuz we took their word for their definition of good instead of looking for the truth ourselves! I had a lic. in mech.and yes i could choo choo the train if thats what I wanted to learn it was all free so to speak but not really cuz you don't realize the price you pay, the costs are all your "peace of mind" the exact exchange is them little truths get pushed to the side and replaced with ones of self greed, gotta do this and this and this just so these people will stay off my aSSSSSSSSSSSSS, never ending cycle of lies the word of God is expanding this universe at the same rate it always has man or woman has changed nothing except donated by self agreement the grass gowing according to the bible,
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:12 pm
Wow!! pyramid. That's some rage man.

Take it easy. It's all bullshit isn't it.

Work on Don Quioxte's gofer's philosophy. No work, soft beds, pots of ale and voluptuous women? I don't mean expect to get them; Sanchez didn't. But he tried to ease them into being as best he could and it was a lot harder then than it is now.

Have a study of Shakespeare's wankers. Like Thersites.

You've been reading all the wrong stuff.

Those top guns at the literary game don't tell any lies.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 03:49 pm
Interesting.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:00 pm
The primary cause of WW II was the lack of manufacturing and distribution of Moon Pies and R C Cola to old europe by the US of A. Personally, I blame the red states.
0 Replies

pyramid1k

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:10 pm
Some people have the ability to duplicate this universe and some people don't but brag they do, there are many people on this planet as I write avoiding the truth even from their own kids and alot of the kids know! too bad everyone couldn't just step forward and admit they don't know! Smile it would make a very good place to exist!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:14 pm
dys, whyna hell dont you just keep that COMMINIST PROPOGANDA OUTTA THIS HERE THREAD. You got no proof it was Moon Pies. Thats just hype and them dam newspapers talking to yer parrot.
0 Replies

pyramid1k

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 04:55 pm
ya gotta quit being so hard on them moon pies I'm not sure they can be all that bad cuz I like em! sure got some post on this one Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 05:02 pm
farmerman wrote:
dys, whyna hell dont you just keep that COMMINIST PROPOGANDA OUTTA THIS HERE THREAD. You got no proof it was Moon Pies. Thats just hype and them dam newspapers talking to yer parrot.

Moon pies aren't kosher, at least I don't think they are. But they sure did cause WWII. That and herring.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 05:06 pm
The red ones...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 05:13 pm
Nah- that ain't right.

WW1 was caused by a woman.

I had it on good authority that if there was any trouble a woman was the cause of it. I forget who it was. Simon Raven maybe.

I assumed with the amount of trouble that WW1 entailed that there were a bunch of them involved. I don't believe one woman could have managed anything like that like Argive Nellie is reputed to have pulled off in the olden days before the flood, if you allow Homer any credibilty.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2007 08:35 pm
World War II, Spurious, try to keep up, K?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 03:05 am
I understood that WW11 hadn't happened yet.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 04:20 am
I'd like to apologize to the original poster for all of this derailment. If he or she has read this far -- here's something terse --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_World_War_II

I don't imagine it's great. It is at least a secondary source after all, and probably a tertiary one. But historical causation is rarely a simple thing that can be answered in only a few words or sentences. You need to do research.
0 Replies

Rapid

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:34 am
Thanks jespah, finally, someone who's serious at the least bit.

I still wouldn't consider wikipedia a secondary source...more like a tertiary source if you ask me (at least this wiki article is well sourced).

I just arrived here, and I hope the rest of the forum isn't like this Sad .
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 07:25 am
OK Rapid.

Read Sir Anthony Edens 3 volumes and Sir Winston Churchill's half a yard of bookshelf.

If you want to be serious. Obviously those are a bit partial so there is the other stuff which you might be able to get through in 20 years of solid effort if you want to get the views of other participants.

You can't get serious about the World War in one sweet easy breath.

And you can follow all the references in those.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 04:17 pm
Rapid wrote:
Thanks jespah, finally, someone who's serious at the least bit.

I still wouldn't consider wikipedia a secondary source...more like a tertiary source if you ask me (at least this wiki article is well sourced).

I just arrived here, and I hope the rest of the forum isn't like this Sad .

You're welcome. And, it isn't all like this (although we do certainly have fun -- but generally not at the expense of a newbie with a factual inquiry).

It is true, though, that WWII had a lot of fathers. Consider the combatants and their histories. Consider WWI and the untied loose ends/resentments that arose from the treaty that came out of it. The Great Depression and its aftermath. The rise of European nationalism. US isolationism, and then US weapons-stockpiling (more during than before). Etc. etc. etc. and I'm no history scholar so I have little doubt I am oversimplifying this in a big way. A war that, directly or indirectly, killed something like 20 million people, isn't going to be explained in one sentence.

A couple of books.
Wartime: Understanding and Behavior in the Second World War by Paul Fussell (I'm recommending this because I love Fussell but I prefer his book about WWI, called The Great War and Modern Memory)
No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: The Home Front in World War II by Doris Kearns Goodwin (She's had plagiarism issues -- I can't recall if they were with this particular work -- but the writing style is very accessible)

You can also check Amazon by doing a search under books for World War II causes, but buyer beware.

I hope these help a bit.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 04:58 pm
(walks away with head down)

AWWW Aunt jes dont low us ta have no fun!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2007 05:09 pm
So do I.

But it will be a bit.

A very small bit actually.

An almost insignificant bit not to put too fine a point on it.

But I will give Rapid a bit of advice. Don't get overly serious. Keep it within bounds mate. Just enough for a neat thesis. Get you a B minus. A pass. Wear your cap and gown. ($400 for cash). Make your Mom and Pop proud of you. Have the video done ($ 299.99). Framed photograph on the telly.($22.95).

Don't forget to smile for the birdie.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:53 pm
Prelude to WWII.
There is the war and peace cycle. There is always war as the loser wants to win back territories it lost. The two main combatants were Germany and France as they are the two dominant continental countries. WWI was started by Kaiser Wilhelm as he was bitter about the loss of German territories in a battle with France. He had an elaborate plan to invade France by way of Belgium. He set up an automatic response to attack France when he gave the signal. At the time there was the Austro-Hungarian Empire allied with Germany. The Balkans were under Austrian rule. The Serbians being Slavs were allied with Russians. The Serbians were chafing under Austrian Rule. Well, a sickly Serbian student knowing he had not much time to live assassinated the Arch Duke Ferdinand of Austria. As Germany was allied to Austria it had to respond. France was allied with Russia. Kaiser Wilhelm gave the signal to attack France but then had second thoughts. He wanted to stop the attack but his prepared military machinery had too much inertia and so WWI began. Germany lost and the Versailles Treaty followed with war damaged and reparation to be paid. Germany was not allowed to military weapons and so on. The Germans were enraged.

Beginning of WWII
A demagogue named Adolph Hitler captured that rage well and used it to his advantage. He used the Jews as scapegoat for the wars and thru trickery gained power. The WWI veterans backed Hitler and were the backbone of the brown shirts. In the mean time Communists came into power in Russia as a result of the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917. stalin was in power in the Soviet Union. Tanks were invented by the British in WWI to ride over trenches. They terrified the Germans who managed to capture a British tank. With assistance of Stalin Hitler secretly developed tanks in Russia. a brilliant general named Guderian developed the strategy of blitzkrieg. The British and French built their tanks as support for the infantry while the Germans used tanks as the main attack units. Hitler began building arms to fuel the economy as well as to further his ambition to conquer Europe. the Depression started in 1927 with Stock Market Crash. Hitler came to power in 1933. His arms build-up helped Germany skirt the worst of the Depression. Germans were happy with Hitler.

Hitler's plan was first gather German speaking countries together to form a great alliance. He stated with the Alliance with Austria in 1938 then with Czechslovakia. He then invaded Poland and that was the signal for France and Britain to declare war on Germany. The Soviet Union under Stalin at first stayed out as it signed a treaty with Hitler.
0 Replies