House in Disarray - Democrats Dazed

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 12:44 pm
cjhsa wrote:
World's gone insane. The entitlement crowd has taken over. The end of democracy is predicited - that the stupid people will just vote for the candidate who promises them the biggest handout, until the democracy can no longer sustain itself.

Better be prepared for the fallout. I'm certainly trying to be.

Prudent. But it begs the question of just how much, in a nation with a failing medical insurance system, is being charged now for that lobotomy?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:00 pm
Medical insurance is a mess but it isn't failing. Get your own house in order before you start blowing you bad breath across the border.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 01:37 pm
I know..I know...now back into bed until those stiches heal up. And try not to eat any more of that stuff in the tray because it isn't grey jello with raspberry sauce.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:29 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Medical insurance is a mess but it isn't failing.

Right. It's very succesfully being a mess.

cjhsa wrote:
The end of democracy is predicited - that the stupid people will just vote for the candidate who promises them the biggest handout, until the democracy can no longer sustain itself.

No, they did that with Bush, they will be smarter than that now. You can only combine huge tax cuts, escalating pork, and an expensive war for so long.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:52 pm
nimh wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Medical insurance is a mess but it isn't failing.

Right. It's very succesfully being a mess.

cjhsa wrote:
The end of democracy is predicited - that the stupid people will just vote for the candidate who promises them the biggest handout, until the democracy can no longer sustain itself.

No, they did that with Bush, they will be smarter than that now. You can only combine huge tax cuts, escalating pork, and an expensive war for so long.

You obviously have a very different view of economics than I do. War may be expensive but it forces the government to pump money back into the business economy instead of the entitlement economy. It's better to build disposable weapons than sell disposable diapers.
0 Replies