I can't stop craving cigarettes and I am about to give in

caribou

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 05:16 pm
weeeellll, did you have another and another after the first one, thinking you'll just quit again tomorrow? Or just one?

Did you mooch one or buy a pack?

Just say no.
To smoking, I mean.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 05:27 pm
I sort of doubt it too. You really have to mean it and it's hard to get all worried when you are young. I smoked for twenty years after I saw my first guy (patient at an office where I worked) with emphysema/copd.

As I got just a little older and got into exercise for the fun of it, at the same time I had allergies and asthma, I got to really enjoy breathing for itself. Hard to transplant that sense into a "you should" for another person.

I agree with the rest who say you can stop tomorrow, you don't have to do the whole cig thing again just because you restarted. No lectures, it's your life.

On stress, I used to think cigs helped alleviate my stress, of which I had much. They sure seemed to on an immediate basis. Once I quit for a while, I realized I was less stressed generally, even though I had tough stuff to go through. Is that a lecture? No, just an individual self-observation.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 05:27 pm
How did it feel?

Did it taste like **** and make you dizzy, or did you like it?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 06:04 pm
CL--

Tomorrow is another day.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:48 am
It felt like I had never quit at all, which was odd. It tasted the same and I didn't get dizzy...

But my friend and I came up with a plan. Since I don't want to have a smoke filled apartment when I move in and since I don't want to smoke on my 18 hour drive to TN next month we decided we are going to work out everyday.

And there is no way I can smoke and work out. Being short of breath stinks...

But I ended up buying a pack. I won't again, I am not craving them anymore, just smoking them because they are there.

That and my nose is now stuffy every night.

So my new goal is to be a size five again.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 10:49 am
JPB wrote:
Yep, minute by minute is all you can do sometimes. Don't wait too long for the counselor to call you. If you haven't gotten a referral by the end of today or tomorrow, then call him/her back and request it.

I'm sorry it's so hard, but I'm glad you're going to get some help.

We're not professionals, but we're here for you.

Take care - you're in my thoughts.

The counsellor I tried to contact never called me back, so I went online today and found a great website where you can get a profile of the therapist.

I found a woman right down the street from me and sent her an email with my situation and my phone number.

Wish me luck Smile
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 11:12 am
Good luck!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 11:41 am
CL--

Good luck...with the therapist, with the apartment, with the good resolutions.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2007 04:44 pm
goals are good!

so when you get to the last ciggy in that pack, tell yourself that you don't need them any more.

smoke it, chuck the butt, and don't look back...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 03:32 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
JPB wrote:
Yep, minute by minute is all you can do sometimes. Don't wait too long for the counselor to call you. If you haven't gotten a referral by the end of today or tomorrow, then call him/her back and request it.

I'm sorry it's so hard, but I'm glad you're going to get some help.

We're not professionals, but we're here for you.

Take care - you're in my thoughts.

The counsellor I tried to contact never called me back, so I went online today and found a great website where you can get a profile of the therapist.

I found a woman right down the street from me and sent her an email with my situation and my phone number.

Wish me luck Smile

Great, I hope she helps you sort through things, issy.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2007 05:08 pm
Mucho good luck! And kudos for staying positive and proactive.
0 Replies