I can't stop craving cigarettes and I am about to give in

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 09:15 pm
We saw the apartment and they just have to check our references and credit and stuff, but it went really good I think. Very Happy

Now I have to play more of the waiting game though Sad

Thanks for thinking of me guys Very Happy

I am doing better with the cig. cravings as I feel like some stress was lifted off of me...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 09:16 pm
cjhsa wrote:
snood wrote:
yeah - cancer of the cheek and gum. much better.

I seriously doubt CL is going to become a regular dipper. That stuff is nasty, and it has nicotine. Those two things can help you quit smoking even faster.

Ewwieeee noooooo. I know someone who does that, yuck yuck yuck.... I'd rather crave cigarattes than chew that Laughing
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 09:17 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
CL--

You were at the forefront of my mind while I made macaroni salad--and cleaned up afterwards.

How did the interview go.

How was the salad?? Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 13 Mar, 2007 09:22 pm
It helped me to jump right away to thinking that cigarettes had nothing to do with me. So, back when I quit, cigs were lined up in splendiferous display at all sorts of checkout counters - and maybe in some places they still are. I remember immediately thinking that other people bought those, sort of like other people buy lag bolts at Home Depot.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 04:20 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
We saw the apartment and they just have to check our references and credit and stuff, but it went really good I think. Very Happy

I am doing better with the cig. cravings as I feel like some stress was lifted off of me...

Crossed fingers and toes -- hard to walk this way. Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 05:37 am
Glad to hear the interview went well and that your stress level is slightly better.

So, when is your appointment with the therapist? Cool

Seriously, it's not surprising that you're having a tough time getting back on track emotionally. Talking to someone who is trained in grief counseling is a great idea.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:37 am
jespah wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Crossed fingers and toes -- hard to walk this way. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 10:38 am
JPB wrote:
Glad to hear the interview went well and that your stress level is slightly better.

So, when is your appointment with the therapist? Cool

Seriously, it's not surprising that you're having a tough time getting back on track emotionally. Talking to someone who is trained in grief counseling is a great idea.

I got for my follow up with the DR/Surgeon on the 21st and I am going to ask him for a referral then, even if I meet with somebody twice a month, I think it will help alot, because I feel like I am putting too much on John when he has to listen to me all the time
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:22 am
Sounds like a great idea.

By the way, I think you've already taken the biggest step when it comes to starting smoking again -- you started this thread! If you really wanted to smoke you just would have, without bothering to alert all of us. Instead you started this, knowing that we'd all say "noooooooooo!" and tell you why -- the rest is downhill. You've made the decision, now all you have to do is stick with it. You can do it!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 11:48 am
Women who don't smoke are much prettier than those that do.

And they smell better too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2007 02:49 pm
Quote:
How was the salad??

Delicious, of course. May it be a favorable omen for you.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 07:09 am
How's it going, CL?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:26 am
JPB wrote:
How's it going, CL?

It's been a really rough week honestly.. Everyone around me is now finding out they are pregnant and I am really sad. I had a breakdown at work on Tuesday. The doctors appt. on Wednesday and today I am ready to breakdown again. I am waiting for the loss counsellor to call me to give me a referral for someone I can talk to.

*Sigh* Whoever said tak one day at a time was even wrong.. I have to take it minute by minute.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 10:27 am
Aw, sweetie..... Hang in until you get that appointment with the counselor.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 11:26 am
Yep, minute by minute is all you can do sometimes. Don't wait too long for the counselor to call you. If you haven't gotten a referral by the end of today or tomorrow, then call him/her back and request it.

I'm sorry it's so hard, but I'm glad you're going to get some help.

We're not professionals, but we're here for you.

Take care - you're in my thoughts.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2007 02:48 pm
CL--

Minute by minute has it all over throwing yourself under the wheels of a crosstown bus or guzzling drain cleaner--or having a cigarette.

Keep holding your dominion.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 04:37 pm
I got way too stressed and gave in Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 04:43 pm
Tomorrow is another day.

You can always start fresh.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 04:51 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
I got way too stressed and gave in Crying or Very sad

It's okay. Look at all the days you held out. Tomorrow, you start afresh.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2007 05:13 pm
Betcha she won't.
0 Replies