I can't stop craving cigarettes and I am about to give in

eoe

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 09:26 pm
Good grief. How much is a pack of cigarettes nowadays? Four bucks?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 Mar, 2007 11:44 pm
$7.10 a pack in NYC.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 08:12 am
After 2 yrs of non-smoking I still get the cravings. It was tough at first, then I started to use a little trick on myself: I observe a smoker closely, and then I can see that the person in question isn't REALLY enjoying his habit. And he doesn't know that his breath stinks like a bear's mouth after six months of hibernation. At least that's how bad it smells to me!

To quote Noddy:
Hold your dominion!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:05 am
You can do it, CL!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 09:59 am
The more you allow yourself to dwell on it, the stronger the craving gets. Got to find distractions, endlessly, until it eases.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 10:26 am
That's key - distracting from the urge. It will be 3 years quit for me, if I last 'till July.

Early on, I found that if I just DID something, besides sit and think about how much I wanted a cigarrette, it made the urge go away faster. And "doing something" could be as simple as forcing myself to take slow, deep breaths for a minute or so. Afte the 1st two weeks or so, most of the physical addiction is gone, I've heard. So the trick is to do battle headon with the "urges", one at a time, as they diminish slowly but surely in their frequency. I hardly ever actually want to smoke a cigarrette now - thank goodness. The **** was killin me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 11:28 am
Our local health food store sells "scent inhalers" for about $5. I'm using a lavender/sandalwood inhaler as a diet aid. When I think I want to nibble, I inhale instead.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2007 04:44 pm
Excellent, snood (and congratulations in advance -- I have every confidence you'll get there). Nothing like hearing it from someone who's been there.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 06:35 am
How ya doing today, Crazie?

Eoe, I dunno how much in other parts, but in my part of the world a pack of cigs now costs between 10 bucks and well over 12 bucks.

That could easily pile up to a couple of hundred a month.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:40 am
JPB wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Besides I may be getting an apartment this month and I want it to smell nice..

Whoa, wait a minute --- I just caught the significance of this. Tell us about it, CL.

John(boyfriend) and I have been on the list for an apartment for about 9 months now and we finally got an interview, which is tomorrow... but since my luck is not going well, I am not getting my hopes up... I want to think postive, but I can't.

But if all does go well, it is a 2 bedroom, so we are now turning the extra room into a guest room, I have family in TN that will be visiting and they can stay there with us.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:43 am
As for the smoking, I am still holding off... it is getting tougher and tougher each day, but there is just no point to start again

Cigarettes here are between $4.75 and $6.00 a pack... if I drive to the next state over (an hour drive) a pack is $3.00-$3.50

and where my dad lives they are $2.75 a pack
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 11:54 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
JPB wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:
Besides I may be getting an apartment this month and I want it to smell nice..

Whoa, wait a minute --- I just caught the significance of this. Tell us about it, CL.

John(boyfriend) and I have been on the list for an apartment for about 9 months now and we finally got an interview, which is tomorrow... but since my luck is not going well, I am not getting my hopes up... I want to think postive, but I can't.

But if all does go well, it is a 2 bedroom, so we are now turning the extra room into a guest room, I have family in TN that will be visiting and they can stay there with us.

Sounds great. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your luck changes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:27 pm
CL--

What time on Tuesday. Let us know. We can think positively for you.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:33 pm
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 12:41 pm
I'm guessing it was because she was pregnant. She has since suffered a miscarriage, hence the reference to her luck not going well. Are there other things not going well, issy?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 02:55 pm
Crazielady420 wrote:
Cigarettes here are between $4.75 and $6.00 a pack... if I drive to the next state over (an hour drive) a pack is $3.00-$3.50

don't forget to add in the price of gas to make the round trip...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:19 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
CL--

What time on Tuesday. Let us know. We can think positively for you.

1:30 PM.. Thanks Very Happy
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:21 pm
eoe wrote:

I quit smoking because of the pregnancy, I lost the baby 1 week and 4 days ago and I have still not had a cigarette... I am just having a hard time to find a reason not to smoke now, I didn't care before, but then I cared because it wasn;t just me it would effect... but now it's just me again and I want to go back to not caring again Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:26 pm
JPB wrote:
Are there other things not going well, issy?

I am just having a hard time getting back in the swing of things, one of the girls I work with is pregnant and due in June, she was giving me all sorts of tips and now she kind of ignores me, I feel such tension around her, she never said a word to me, which is her choice.

My stress level has risen way above my head and I am thinking about talking to a therapist now because I get so sad so much now and it is hard for me to focus. I am not scared to talk to someone now and I think I would benefit from it very much given the situation.

My insurance company keeps sending me hospital bills and it is making me really mad.

Both of my grandparents keep getting sick (I was raised by them)

I just requested a vacation for my dads wedding and he called me today to tell me he needs to change the date.

I don't know, I think it is because I am so negative now that I am blind to the postive.

I am not trying to complain, I still love life and I know that somewhere out there somebody has it so much worse than me, but right now I feel I have a right to feel somewhat bad.

I dunno Confused
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 12 Mar, 2007 05:27 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

don't forget to add in the price of gas to make the round trip...

It is worth it for a carton or two, specially when others want them so they give you the gas money Laughing
0 Replies