More Clear Thinking From Ann Coulter

McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:13 am
Anne Coulter Not Equal the Republican party nor any poster here.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:20 am
Nobody said she was. But the fact remains that many Republicans admire her and the party has embraced her. She is wildly popular among your peers. Therefore, it is right for people who ARE in a position to speak for Republicans to disavow this thing that she said, since so many other times they embrace her words and allow her to speak for them. That is all. Trying to defend her by drawing a bogus equivalence between Coulter and Maher is not necessary.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:32 am
not like it will matter... but Bill Maher died NOT say he wished Cheney had been killed and I defy anyone to show the quote.

He said if it had happened less people would die... which is his opinion to
put forth and probably one that many would agree with... but he NEVER stated that he wished Cheney had been killed.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:54 am
McGentrix wrote:

I'd expect anyone who has defended or praised Coulter in the past to now also be able to reject what she said this time.

I mean, I've never praised or even talked about Maher, so why should I speak up about what he says? But if I'm not mistaken, you've taken a long-standing pleasure in approvingly posting Coulter's writings here. So why be surprised that people associate you with her?

I quote a lot of editorial and blogged opinion stuff from TNR. If they'd published something outrageous and I saw somebody bringing it up here, of course I'd clarify that this bit, I most certainly dont agree with. You know, not suddenly turn a blind eye when the people I quote all the time say something wrong. Seems the decent thing to do. <shrugs>
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:14 am
A number of advertisers have pulled their content from Coulter's website.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:20 am
It would be great if this incident stopped the clock on her 15....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:23 am
We're still hearing about Britney and what's-his-face, so I suppose not.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:27 am
Who's what's-his-face?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:28 am
K-Fed X
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 09:31 am
Oh yeah. Him.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 10:01 am
McGentrix wrote:

And yet she was a featured speaker at the CPAC Convention, with a glowing introduction by Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

I think Mitt is secretely in love with the she-male Ann Coulter.

http://sjc-static15.sjc.youtube.com/vi/7uvUunV3MZM/2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uvUunV3MZM
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:08 am
Dookiestix wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

And yet she was a featured speaker at the CPAC Convention

There's that, too.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:23 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
not like it will matter... but Bill Maher died NOT say he wished Cheney had been killed and I defy anyone to show the quote.

put forth and probably one that many would agree with... but he NEVER stated that he wished Cheney had been killed.

"What Maher did say on his show is: "I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow ... I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact."

Spin away, you hypocrite!
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:25 am
woiyo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

"What Maher did say on his show is: "I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow ... I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact."

Where did Maher say he wanted Cheney dead?

Spin away... Laughing
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:33 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Spin away... Laughing

Back at you. Where did Coulter call Edwardsa a faggott.

""I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,'" Coulter said.

On Real Time Maher made a comment during a discussion with panel members on his show about Arianna Huffington deleting Cheney death wish comments from Huffington Post.

In a nutshell, Maher basically insinuated that he agreed with the commenters on the the HP blog that were dissapointed that VP Dick Cheney had not been killed over the weekend in a botched assassination attempt. Now Maher didn't actually say that he wanted Cheney dead, but he might as well have said it. Maher thinks it is a free speech right to say such an evil thing.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:41 pm
Is the hypocrite card the only one you have?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:43 pm
woiyo wrote:
In a nutshell, Maher basically insinuated that he agreed with the commenters on the the HP blog that were dissapointed that VP Dick Cheney had not been killed over the weekend in a botched assassination attempt. Now Maher didn't actually say that he wanted Cheney dead, but he might as well have said it. Maher thinks it is a free speech right to say such an evil thing.

Bullshit. He was making the point that he didn't think she should have taken the comments down of people saying that. It was more about not stifling people's opinions, not Cheney. He never said he agreed with them that he should be killed.

Now, we have to opposite takes on what he meant. Who knows which is right? Maybe me, maybe you.

But with Coulter, it's pretty simple (as is she) to figure out what she was saying.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:51 pm
Quote:
Maher: What about the people who got onto the Huffington Post - and these weren't even the bloggers, these were just the comments section - who said they, they expressed regret that the attack on Dick Cheney failed.

Joe Scarborough: Right.

Maher: Now…

John Ridley: More than regret.

Maher: Well, what did they say?

Ridley: They said "We wish he would die." I mean, it was (?) hate language.

Barney Frank: They said the bomb was wasted. (laughter and applause)

Maher: That's a funny joke. But, seriously, if this isn't China, shouldn't you be able to say that? Why did Arianna Huffington, my girlfriend, I love her, but why did she take that off right away?

After some discussion about why Huffington should or shouldn't have taken these comments down, the following occurred:

Ridley: It's one thing to say you hate Dick Cheney, which applies to his politics. It's another thing to say, "I'm sorry he didn't die in an explosion." And I think, you know…

Maher: But you should be able to say it. And by the way…

Frank: Excuse me, Bill, but can I ask you a question? Do you decide what the topics are for this show?

Maher: Yeah, I decide the topics, they don't go there.

Frank: But you exercise control over the show the way that she does over her blog.

Maher: But I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn't be dying needlessly tomorrow. (applause)

Scarborough: If someone on this panel said that they wished that Dick Cheney had been blown up, and you didn't say…

Frank: I think he did.

Scarborough: Okay. Did you say…

Maher: No, no. I quoted that.

Frank: You don't believe that?

Maher: I'm just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That's a fact.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:54 pm
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Spin away... Laughing

""I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,'" Coulter said.

On Real Time Maher made a comment during a discussion with panel members on his show about Arianna Huffington deleting Cheney death wish comments from Huffington Post.

Is English that challenging for you? Where did Bill Maher wish that Cheney was dead?

Your talking points are, well, pointless. And it's really no surprise...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:56 pm
woiyo wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Spin away... Laughing

Coulter was on TV last night on Hannity saying she meant it as a 'schoolyard insult.' That she didn't screw the joke up at all.

She doesn't realize that 'faggot' doesn't mean weak, or foolish, or wussy; it isn't a 'schoolyard insult.' It's a slur towards gays that young men - much like Coulter used to be - use quite often. It doesn't excuse the fact that people say it.

She just doesn't f*cking get it at all, and neither do a bunch of you, apparently.

Glenn Greenwald has a great article today about this subject; the gist is, we're not talking about a problem with Coulter, we're talking about a problem with the Republican party, whom she represents a dark side of.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies